• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Latino vote on the rise, polling starts to suck.....coincidence?

Not at all, apparently Spanish speaking polling is just too difficult this year again.
My dad gets calls apparently as does my mother. My dad speaks English just fine but my mom prefers Spanish. Even in CA she still gets strictly English calls for the election half the time.

Also saw some of those Amir0x posts, dude has no chill sometimes.

I'm on team pigeon. We are headed for a 8-10 point blowout. I just cannot fathom Trump supporters going to polling booths as planned on election day and everything goes smoothly. There is going to be so much confusion and chaos. Obama's operation was a thing of beauty. It was a heirarchical operation guiding and turning out everyone every step of the way till the ballot was cast. Trump has to rely on local gop operations for a statewide affair. There is a huge disconnect.

They say partisans usually vote early, so they know their polling locations etc. Even in that regard Hillary is winning.

Only real concern is complacency. Team hill is focused on it and should be a nonfactor by the ens.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I wish Vice News Tonight were longer, here's hoping it'll blow up, ratings-wise. It's a great way to do a daily news show. It's on HBO btw.

The problem with Vice News Tonight is that it is on HBO. I don't even have cable, nevermind having HBO on top of it. I don't know how Vice thinks it can be a big news company for young people when it sits behind two paywalls. I don't watch any of their stuff that isn't on YouTube.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm on team pigeon. We are headed for a 8-10 point blowout. I just cannot fathom Trump supporters going to polling booths as planned on election day and everything goes smoothly. There is going to be so much confusion and chaos. Obama's operation was a thing of beauty. It was a heirarchical operation guiding and turning out everyone every step of the way till the ballot was cast. Trump has to rely on local gop operations for a statewide affair. There is a huge disconnect.

They say partisans usually vote early, so they know their polling locations etc. Even in that regard Hillary is winning.

Only real concern is complacency. Team hill is focused on it and should be a nonfactor by the ens.

I like your and pigeon's enthusiasm.

studyguy

#pigeonwasright #nomorehuggies

I wonder how many Trump supporters will try to vote without ever having actually registered.

I wonder how many won't know how to find their polling location/go to the wrong one.

I say the second one because even "educated" college students still don't know you can just google everything.

I honestly can't believe this is over in 6 days. It feels like we've been doing this for years.

I'll be exhausted.

My mom is panicking about filling out a ballot. She has anxiety issues and so doing new things (no matter how trivial) stresses her out. She's trying to back out of voting, but I'll get her there.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I honestly can't believe this is over in 6 days. It feels like we've been doing this for years.

That's cute. You think this'll be over after election day.

Sorry. This is the election that will never die.

Half serious here

Zukkoyaki

Agreed.

I feel like every since convention season I haven't been as productive of a person. I've been devoting entirety too much time, energy and attention to this race and I'm ready to settle back down.

Valhelm

contribute something
Looks like we've weathered the storm of uncertainty everyone. Though we still have the barrage of final national polls to come. We just need to keep in mind that internal polls from Dems, Reps and Non-partisans are implying a 4-6 point national lead for Clinton.

Why do you believe so?

I wonder how many Trump supporters will try to vote without ever having actually registered.

I wonder how many won't know how to find their polling location/go to the wrong one.

I say the second one because even "educated" college students still don't know you can just google everything.
Or how many even know the polling location's timings. Or the correct ID/paperwork to bring. Or even when the election day is!!!

Midwestern state with a lot of white voters and doesn't have a major metropolis to anchor urban progressives like Minneapolis. Plus Scott Walker has done everything possible to destroy liberal institutions there.
Has there been any trend of young people moving out though? I get that it's not as reliably blue as the coastal states but I'm not seeing any real trends that it's moving red outside of losing some midterm elections.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Oh how I hope she instantly starts an investigation into Comey, turning the tables on that partisan fuck!! Investigations for everybody!!!! It's payback time!! Let's check some Republican emails.

Trump scares me when I see him talking about going after his opponents. I don't want Hillary to go down that road.

Futureman

I realize this might be a stretch, but does anyone have any anti-animal Stein oppo I could drop on my vegan friend?

He lives in NC and isn't voting for Clinton. Yea pretty much any candidate won't be perfect for a vegan but maybe there's something especially stinky I could send him.

Still a double-digit truther here.

BELIEVE. ANIME IS REAL.
On top of everything, Trump is depressing his own vote by saying the shit is rigged. There are stories about morons carrying their ballot to the county board and submitting in person because DEMONCRATS will destroy their mail.

The signs are all there. Everyone open your eyes. Anime is real.

Hopfrog

A winning scenario for Trump involves turning out large numbers of mostly non-college educated white voters, including people who may have never voted before. I would say not having a significant GOTV operation is going to turn ED into a clusterfuck for him.

Christian

I know people think that Trump is going to try to drag out his time in the spotlight once the election is over, and, yes, there will probably be some nutters that take their protesting a little too far, but I think the sense of relief we'll get when the results come in and we see that democrats won the presidency and control the Senate will bring some closure for a lot of us. I know it will for me.

Zukkoyaki

Why do you believe so?
Last week was a brutal combination of tightening polls, underwhelming early voting numbers and the Comey thing which injected a great deal of fear and anxiety into most of us. Here we are now almost a week later with stabilising polls, improving early votinf numbers and plenty of evidence that Comey didn't cost Clinton the white house. 6 days away from the election means almost all votes are baked in. Obviously you can never be 100% sure but I think most of us are feeling much better than we were 5 days ago.

Was afraid that was going to happen given how he was going. I hope it isn't permanent.

Any word on the strike in Philly?
Read the statement from the strikers. They said they will suspend their strike on voting day and resume public transportation (if it drags that long) so people can vote.

Has there been any trend of young people moving out though? I get that it's not as reliably blue as the coastal states but I'm not seeing any real trends that it's moving red outside of losing some midterm elections.

I get what you're saying but four years ago the same case could have been for Iowa and now it leans GOP. If Feingold really is in a toss-up race for Senate seat I think that's a pretty good sign that the state is trending red.

jtb

Banned
Was interesting to hear Nate on the podcast basically admit that he thinks the 538 model will miss a ton of races and states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom