• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo60

Yeah. If that reuters poll is correct I think hilary must be closer to potentilaly winning 350 EV's then 320 right now.

I would bet money Nate has Clinton less than 60% by election day. 50 50 would be toone obvious. November 8 is the last day anyone will give a shit about 538 for years.

Also how many more polls do we need to show that this race is stagnant and has been locked in and the GOTV effort will determine whether it is a 5 or 8-9 point win

mo60

What if Nate's model ends up being considerably off in its prediction? Will ESPN shitcan him? Now that Mona Chalabi doesn't write for his site, it's basically worthless. Maybe Harry Enten can be free!

I expect trump's chances on nate's model to eventually decrease in the next few days or so. I don't think he's only going to be losing by like 4 points at this point.

I would bet money Nate has Clinton less than 60% by election day. 50 50 would be toone obvious. November 8 is the last day anyone will give a shit about 538 for years.

I don't understand why Trump's odd aren't dropping simply because there's less time for the polls to change. The election is in a few days, there should be less uncertainty every moment the race isn't fundamentally changing.

What if Nate's model ends up being considerably off in its prediction? Will ESPN shitcan him? Now that Mona Chalabi doesn't write for his site, it's basically worthless. Maybe Harry Enten can be free!

I think 538 is being dumped by ESPN (Disney) regardless after the election, ESPN is cutting back all over the place

Kangi

Nate's model has been a significant outlier for most of the election

It's getting pretty ridiculous now.

oxPUavY.png

jtb

Banned
I think 538 is being dumped by ESPN (Disney) regardless after the election, ESPN is cutting back all over the place

Maybe. I can see it being spun into ABC News instead of ESPN after the cycle; their sports analytics stuff always seemed to be a generation or two behind what everyone else was doing. Pretty irrelevant.

Boke1879

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't understand why Trump's odd aren't dropping simply because there's less time for the polls to change. The election is in a few days, there should be less uncertainty every moment the race isn't fundamentally changing.
Yeah this is my only comment. I get trends and partisan no response bias leading to systemic polling error but if you get clinton +2 +1 +3 in three polls five days from Election Day then that's pretty certain and consistent. Yes you can have systemic polling error caused by partisan nonresponse but that risk exists on literally every public survey. Every model should be extremely uncertain then.

In the last week the only national non daily tracking polls are
Reuters: Clinton+6
Economist: Clinton +3
NBC News: Clinton +7
FOX News: Clinton + 5
Why are people saying this race is super close again?

Bowdz

$$$$

CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME C.R.E.A.M! GET THE MONEY, DOLLA DOLLA BILLS YALL

$$$$

jtb

Banned
That's cute, he thinks he'll still have an in to the GOP after he botched this campaign so thoroughly.

eh, if anything, I think Brietbart will come out of this campaign a hell of a lot stronger than the GOP establishment. the party is all Brietbart now.

Vyse24

Because if they said it wasn't, people wouldn't watch their stuff?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Because of the tracking polls.

border

I voted for the first time today in Florida. Democrat ticket all the way, and NO to all constitutional amendments except medical marijuana. I have been feeling really uneasy about the election since the FBI/Comey stuff resurfaced and Clinton started sliding in the polls. I was hoping getting my ballot in might ease my mind. It hasn't thus far, but I'm glad I got things done and out of the way.

No Trump supporters lurking around the polling site, less than a 15 minute wait.....which is pretty good considering it was around 5:30 and plenty of people were probably checking in after leaving work.

Maybe. I can see it being spun into ABC News instead of ESPN after the cycle; their sports analytics stuff always seemed to be a generation or two behind what everyone else was doing. Pretty irrelevant.

The site's man goal of applying statistical analysis and data analytics to areas outside of politics has largely been a failure. And the site's current writing staff isn't anything special, this isn't even a Grantland situation where there is a bunch of talent.

Well she'a not a great Democrat than, if that sounds better to you.
I was more confused why you changed the subject than anything.

I voted for the first time today in Florida. Democrat ticket all the way, and NO to all constitutional amendments except medical marijuana. I have been feeling really uneasy about the election since the FBI/Comey stuff resurfaced and Clinton started sliding in the polls. I was hoping getting my ballot in might ease my mind. It hasn't thus far, but I'm glad I got things done and out of the way.

No Trump supporters lurking around the polling site, less than a 15 minute wait.....which is pretty good considering it was around 5:30 and plenty of people were probably checking in after leaving work.

But she hasn't?
The site's man goal of applying statistical analysis and data analytics to areas outside of politics has largely been a failure. And the site's current writing staff isn't anything special, this isn't even a Grantland situation where there is a bunch of talent

Yeah to be honest I was really excited for their sports analysis but man I was shocked with how terrible it ended up being outside of the occasional article.

Also am I the only one that finds Kander really cute?

Boke1879

That's cute, he thinks he'll still have an in to the GOP after he botched this campaign so thoroughly.

he doesn't care about that. He's no doubt made his conspiracy theories and viewpoints even more normal. Clearly the GOP base is ok with a man like Trump and more than willing to vote for him.

Now just imagine a better candidate. Someone other than Trump spewing Alt right bullshit but just dressed nicely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom