• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah those are great numbers. Dems might be ahead in a few days if that keeps up.
\
Also Alachua just had its biggest day yet. Lots of young, blue voters there.

Why is Duval heavy GOP? Is Jacksonville not big enough to overcome the rural parts?

Heavy was a bad choice of words. Bush managed more than 15 points there. McCain and Romney won it by 3 points each time. If Trump was having a huge surge of new, white voters, I feel like we'd see it in places like Duval. If we're keeping it close, and not letting him get a margin there....that's good for us.

border

(Duval is heavy GOP FYI. The fact that they're down to 1.3% is big. Obama will be there tomorrow.

I am in Duval County. I've actually noticed a lot of Clinton signs popping up in yard recently, despite seeing them absent all year. Not that there's anything scientific or reliable about that of course.

I wish I could go see Obama tomorrow at UNF, but rallies at 1:30 in the afternoon don't really work for most of us with regular jobs. I hope he's able to energize everyone in town though.

Interestingly enough, Trump will be here tomorrow at almost exactly the same time (12PM). If I had the day off I'd try to hit both rallies in the same day, just for a perfectly surreal experience.

Speaking of all the polls is it normals to still have so many undecided in these polls? Who exactly do we expect all these people to break for?

How did you accidentally do that?
Turns out the lead (and pretty much only) developer of what had been my favorite game of the year until 5 minutes ago is a shit-tier human. When I bought the game in July I went out of my way to buy directly from the dev instead of giving Steam a cut.

Usually I'm pretty okay about separating art from artist but in this specific situation I just feel disgusting.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Speaking of all the polls is it normals to still have so many undecided in these polls? Who exactly do we expect all these people to break for?

I think they are the "embarrassed to say they are voting for trump" people mixed with primarily abstains

TI82

Banned

The article photo for both of them is amazingly detailed lol

clinton-trump.jpg

Also Alachua just had its biggest day yet. Lots of young, blue voters there.

Heavy was a bad choice of words. Bush managed more than 15 points there. McCain and Romney won it by 3 points each time. If Trump was having a huge surge of new, white voters, I feel like we'd see it in places like Duval. If we're keeping it close, and not letting him get a margin there....that's good for us.

True. I've just always found it odd that Duval leaned GOP. I have cousins that live in Jacksonville and anytime I visited it kinda reminded me of Atlanta.

But yea Florida goin' blue.

I recall seeing that most undecided voters have a much more positive impression of Obama than average- and undecided voters tend not to break for Trump, even during primaries.

those are likely MOSTLY reluctant clinton voters- moderates who aren't thrilled with her but won't vote Trump.

Kusagari

lol this Louisiana senate debate with David Duke sounds like a goddamn mess.

Duke hijacked the debate for 3 minutes about not getting to answer a question, called out the Jews, yes really, for running the media and helping Hillary and then called for her to get the electric chair.

Sibylus

Banned

Kaiterra

Banned
Give $30 to Jill Stein to balance it out

My on campus pub is hosting an election night special so at least we can drown our sorrows in cheap pitchers.

I have a bottle of sake waiting here to take the edge off but I realized too late that I need to go into work the next day so ugh.

At least the company finally got to blocking GAF, so I didn't have to work myself into a shoot reading you folks bedwet all day for once. That'll probably help a lot lol.

The...MANN Center indeed

Anyway CO was 14% hispanic in 2012. Interesting that they are expecting such a drop?

http://elections.nbcnews.com/ns/politics/2012/colorado/president/#.WBqJHHfMxBw

For some reason I thought Obama won it by like 6. +4 is pretty good. I would expect Hillary to be +2 or +3.

So. like, is this some kind of Stockholm Syndrome? Where, you've been among the patients so long, we've broken you and make you panic? Because, we could stage an intervention for you.

We're here for you kev. We can pray for you.

The...MANN Center indeed

Anyway CO was 14% hispanic in 2012. Interesting that they are expecting such a drop?

http://elections.nbcnews.com/ns/politics/2012/colorado/president/#.WBqJHHfMxBw

For some reason I thought Obama won it by like 6. +4 is pretty good. I would expect Hillary to be +2 or +3.

Because it's a shitty poll. She's going to win Colorado by more than Obama in the same way she's going to win Virginia more than Obama. This is what we know from Hillary's campaign movements and the early vote in both CO and VA.

TI82

Banned
I have a bottle of sake waiting here to take the edge off but I realized too late that I need to go into work the next day so ugh.

At least the company finally got to blocking GAF, so I didn't have to work myself into a shoot reading you folks bedwet all day for once. That'll probably help a lot lol.

Yeah I start my new (paid) internship tomorrow and work Tuesday and Thursdays so hopefully it's not too stressful on an already stressful day. Then school the next day. BUT, sometimes Liberty is worth celebrating.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So. like, is this some kind of Stockholm Syndrome? Where, you've been among the patients so long, we've broken you and make you panic? Because, we could stage an intervention for you.

We're here for you kev. We can pray for you.

Can someone drug me until tuesday

NeoXChaos

It's a shame Fayard is stuck in LA.

Watching this debate, if she was in a competitive state she would be a force.

she needs to run for something first. She has no elective experience. She could easily get a state House or Senate seat if she wanted. She's trying to skip the little league into the big league.

Kennedy is likely our next Senator after being for Kerry in 2004, losing the Senate jungle primary that year, party switched in 2007 to challenge Mary in 08, and now trying again for third time. Well at least we get rid of him as Treasurer.

BiggNife

Is there a reason why I've been seeing a lot of "trump is going to win, gaf is wrong" posts in OT lately

People seem so sure that Trump will win but I don't ever see any actual explanation for why

Is it all just post-brexit panic or what

White - 81%
Latino - 9%

wat? I'm pretty sure that the 2012 Latino vote in CO was around 15%. This poll is saying that Whites turnout more and Latinos stay home? Yea, I don't think so.
Keep in mind also that Colorado is all mail-in so "turnout" is kind of a misnomer. Everyone gets a ballot and mails it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom