• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
because i physically can't handle election talk anymore and yes, because a sports team in my hometown choked away a title for the hundredth fucking time

Grief.exe

latinos_zpslc5nihfg.png

This is just Florida, FYI: not nationwide.

Explain to me how rubio keeps his senate seat with this kind of landslide.

AA turnout is up 33%. Latino Turnout up 139%.

Florida isn't close at ALL. this is blowout territory.

If this same Hispanic trend continues for Arizona, it will likely be enough to flip that state. African Americans finally coming online bodes well for North Carolina and Ohio as well.

Polling seems to be consistently underestimating minority turnout to a vast degree this election.

Yep. this is why I'm not concerned with polling anymore.

Your "clinton +1" polls assume low minority turnout ("blacks won't vote for a non black candidate!") and angry white voters showing up out of nowhere.

the "clinton +6" polls assume turnout similar to 2012.

We are looking at early voting totals completely destroying even the most agressive estimates of where minority turnout would be. Nothing is accurate.

This is going to be another "what happened to polling??" election.

If this same Hispanic trend continues for Arizona, it will likely be enough to flip that state. African Americans finally coming online bodes well for North Carolina and Ohio as well.

Arizona won't be that high. Florida is in it's own special little boat because of a flood of puerto rican immigrants in a very short period of time. somewhere between 500,000 and 1,000,000 since 2010.

as far as I know they primarily stayed local to florida and did not spread out to the rest of the continental US.

Latino voting is way up everywhere, but it's astronomical in florida because of that. Guess how many pollsters remembered to factor this in when estimating turnout?

if your answer is "zero" give yourself a cookie.

Someone asked earlier about people talking indictments for Clinton again, I think that was speculation from Bret Baier:

‏@BretBaier
Bret Baier
I said sources described an "avalanche of evidence" in case & barring obstruction they'd likely continue 2 push to try for an indictment"

This is the story that FOX is running:

The FBI's investigation into the Clinton Foundation that has been going on for more than a year has now taken a "very high priority," separate sources with intimate knowledge of the probe tell Fox News.

FBI agents have interviewed and re-interviewed multiple people on the foundation case, which is looking into possible pay for play interaction between then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation. The FBI's White Collar Crime Division is handling the investigation.

Clips on Twitter show it being portrayed as a pretty big story on Baier and Kelly's shows.

(i'm also cracking under grad school-related stress, so i guess i can say election stuff and hometown team choking away a title are back-breakers rather than the root cause of anything)

rjinaz

Yeah ok Baier. The same sources that have no doubt been telling you that for years now. I'm sure it will be coming any minute now, barring "obstruction". Used to respect Baier. So many of those people went the Hannity route, like Hume too.

latinos_zpslc5nihfg.png

This is just Florida, FYI: not nationwide.

Explain to me how rubio keeps his senate seat with this kind of landslide.

Split tickets where a number of voters vote for him and for Hillary?

We know that it's happening in OH. Maybe in FL as well? I think there was a post earlier today that indicated that some of this might be happening, but I don't remember who posted the info.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Surely THIS will be the thing that finally brings down the Clinton empire.
November surprise: 33K deleted emails from the Clinton Foundation that discuss Hillary's conspiracy to have Vince Foster's angry ghost purged by appeasing it with the soul of Ambassador Stevens.

And how much is total turnout up?

These numbers are meaningless if turnout is up across the board.

If you consider how heavily those demographics vote democratic, the numbers aren't meaningless at all.

You literally cannot spike the white vote high enough to overcome black voters going clinton 95-5, and (non cuban) latinos by 85-15 margins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom