• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Is a Virginia loss just an "it could happen" thing or a legitimate possibility?.
It could happen. It's a special election and who knows who the candidate will be. If it's a 50/50 senate, the GOP, Koch Bros et al will pour their sweat and blood into the race as well knowing the Senate majority is determined by who has the seat. It will be nuts.

It could happen. It's a special election and who knows who the candidate will be. If it's a 50/50 senate, the GOP, Koch Bros et al will pour their sweat and blood into the race as well knowing the Senate majority is determined by who has the seat. It will be nuts.

Ah, okay. I do hope then that we get five seats.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't Brexit dead now? That's great news

Not dead, per se, more heavily maimed. Good (if somewhat expected) result and has the added bonus that it might take up a US news cycle? as it is reasonably important global news; and that's probably good for Clinton.

Slayven

Not dead, per se, more heavily maimed. Good (if somewhat expected) result and has the added bonus that it might take up a US news cycle? as it is reasonably important global news; and that's probably good for Clinton.

I like the UK, but it will probably put on the ticker right below video of the cubs winning. No offense. Just bad timing

Diablos

Freedom Caucus rep on CNN says they had no real talk about replacing leadership in the House in their top secret meeting. Also says NC is mad about the latest email stuff. This is coming from Rep Meadows who probably went to every ultra conservative part of the state. Oh and he said the judge ruling on voter discrimination was basically bs and that voting is a "privilege". No, fool. Driving is a privilege. Voting is a RIGHT. You just WISH it was a privilege.

Fuck the Freedom Caucus.

Diablos

After all, Trump is Mr. Brexit. Just call him that, he says. And Brexit is on the verge of dying. It's poetry.

Why would the news cover important foreign political matters when there are EMAILS to talk about

ha! if by news cycle you mean 30 seconds and in between local #gunfails

Freedom Caucus wanting to out Paul Ryan?

Interesting
If Ryan can't get the votes he needs from the GOP caucus alone, he and the Democrats should broker a coalition-esque deal to either put a moderate R/D in power or keep Ryan but with strings attached. Guaranteed floor votes on certain bills (anything that would make it out of the Senate for example, such as immigration reform), no warrantless investigations etc.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I like the UK, but it will probably put on the ticker right below video of the cubs winning. No offense. Just bad timing

Obviously Cubs will do better because sports is more important than possibly the most important geopolitical development of the post Cold War era, as is clear to any reasonable person, but Cubs and the ruling together is pretty reasonable cover. Every little helps!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Was The NY Times poll posted? Just got the alert. Hilary up by 3

Hilary 45
Trump 42
Johnson 5
Wifi 4
Great news! Wifi is not getting 4! But also this time in 2012 obama and Romney are tied. I think h+5 is the final result. Locking in vote now, Regis.

avaya

Florida math

At latest update 4.9m of the 12.9m voters have voted early, a further 1m mail in ballots yet to be returned.

By party ID of those who've voted - R's have a 12k party ID lead.

On my math Dems lead overall 49.3% to 47.9% assuming 86% D voters and 55% independents/other vote Queen.

Lead of around 70k. 2012 early vote was a deficit of about 100K iirc

Slayven

If Ryan can't get the votes he needs from the GOP caucus alone, he and the Democrats should broker a coalition-esque deal to either put a moderate R/D in power or keep Ryan but with strings attached. Guaranteed floor votes on certain bills (anything that would make it out of the Senate for example, such as immigration reform), no warrantless investigations etc.
Ryan is too scared of those GOP that think talking talking to a democrat is treason
Obviously Cubs will do better because sports is more important than possibly the most important geopolitical development of the post Cold War era, as is clear to any reasonable person, but Cubs and the ruling together is pretty reasonable cover. Every little helps!

Yeah anything to run out the clock. But then again I stopped watching cable news except for Rachel Maddow. Shit is stressful

Ecotic

Was The NY Times poll posted? Just got the alert. Hilary up by 3

Hilary 45
Trump 42
Johnson 5
Wifi 4

Conducted Friday to Tuesday. It's decent if you think her numbers were suppressed due to Comey's letter. I think she'll rebound a couple of points by election day and national polls due for release Monday will show it.

Mrs. Clinton’s support among African-Americans, women, whites holding a college degree and younger voters remains strong. Mr. Trump is holding onto his core supporters as well, with more whites, men, whites without a college degree, white evangelicals, white Roman Catholics and older voters backing him.
White men, why you suck? And not in a good way.

Florida math

At latest update 4.9m of the 12.9m voters have voted early, a further 1m mail in ballots yet to be returned.

By party ID of those who've voted - R's have a 12k party ID lead.

On my math Dems lead overall 49.3% to 47.9% assuming 86% D voters and 55% independents/other vote Queen.

Lead of around 70k. 2012 early vote was a deficit of about 100K iirc

Why the fuck aren't Dems returning their ballots.

If Ryan wouldn't do it and still got voted out, I think there are some GOPers who might still go along with if. Iirc Charlie Dent and Peter King said back in 2015 they'd be open to a bipartisan speaker.

I mean shit do you remember the utter chaos that broke out in the GOP caucus between McCarthy and Ryan? Congressmen hiding in closets and crying and shit. The freedom caucus mutinying in spite of Ryan giving them basically everything they want might be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

sazzy

go home cnn you're drunk

Q8jv6N.png

AniHawk

I'm betting on H+7.

i'm going with this as well.

clinton - 50
trump - 43
johnson - 5
stein - 1
other - 1

essentially - if there are at least 130m votes, i don't see how hillary gets considerably fewer than obama did in 2012.

i also think i'm being fairly generous to trump and to a lesser extent, johnson.

Farmboy

i'm going with this as well.

clinton - 50
trump - 43
johnson - 5
stein - 1
other - 1

essentially - if there are at least 130m votes, i don't see how hillary gets considerably fewer than obama did in 2012.

i also think i'm being fairly generous to trump and to a lesser extent, johnson.

Agree with this. PoliGAF aggregator never misses.

Pixieking

Banned
I'm betting on H+7.

I'll go you one better (in the polling equivalent of Liar's Dice), and say Hillary +8. I've got a good feeling about on-the-day voting... I think the blanket attack ads her campaign and PACs are putting down against Trump will work in her favour on-the-day.

Color me skeptical, but it sounds like a formality than anything else

"Oh yes Madame, please destroy the country, no problem. Cheerio"

P.S.: PHANTOM SWINGS (re CBS/NYT poll)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Dems basically flat in NC now. Good considering voter suppression efforts and registration drop. NPA doing extremely well. I think she's got a 2 point lead or so. Needs to finish strong.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
go home cnn you're drunk

Q8jv6N.png

Wait a second--that's the exact map I posted in here last night. CNN is stealing my ideas!

I need to see a quality NH poll before I start freaking out, though. That one from overnight wasn't great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom