• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The emails are from Vince Foster revealing his killer's identity.

And that killer is Dr. Benjamin G. Hazi, who was hired as a contract killer by Hillary to kill Foster.

Then Hillary killed Dr. Hazi herself IN COLD BLOOD to tie up all loose ends, which also is somehow verified in these emails.

We're doomed.

Iolo

So regarding the "withholding" stuff, they are saying these are new emails on a new device but not withheld by HRC because they were not requested.

Whatever bro, I'm out for a couple hours, call me when Hill is indicted

So Trump wins the weekend news cycle but this will be cooled off by next week. If Comey doesn't give a statement to clarify, he really is playing games.

BadRNG

I'm going to laugh if this whole thing wasn't related to Hillary at all, but the house GOP tried to hype it up

It'll look terrible for the GOP.
I just don't have the same faith in the electorate you do; even though the e-mails were never a big deal it's still a big deal to some people. It bothered plenty of undecideds and begrudging Hillary supporters. This is looking like nothing in terms of reality, but as much as ya'll make fun of optics, they are a real thing. Clinton foundation is a bunch of nothing too but hasn't stopped it from hounding her all election.

I think she will still win but it could still hurt turnout. Hope I am wrong. Shame on Comey for the horribly vague statement with no followup, just plain irresponsible.

So Trump wins the weekend news cycle but this will be cooled off by next week. If Comey doesn't give a statement to clarify, he really is playing games.
I don't think this wins Trump the news cycle for the day. The more and more that comes out for this, the more it seems like it's going to fizzle out very quickly.

Christian

WOW. So the director of the FBI just essentially MADE SOMETHING UP in an effort to influence elections across the country? This has NOTHING to do with the Clinton email investigation? Regardless of who wins the election, this is some really dark and dirty shit going on.

I don't think this wins Trump the news cycle for the day. The more and more that comes out for this, the more it seems like it's going to fizzle out very quickly.

FUCK THAT fizzle out noise. Someone needs to be taken to task for this shit. It should have a negative impact on the people who set this up, in an attempt to manipulate democracy. Goddamn.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I pray that the damn media changes their headlines and update their stories with this. At least the 7PM news should be updated if nothing else.

"Our top story tonight. Emails. Emails emails emails. Emails. Clinton emails. Director Comey. Emails. Congress. Email investigation.

We'll keep you updated when we have more information on this story."

Capella

Mark MurrayVerified account
‏@mmurraypolitics
And @PeteWilliamsNBC says that while the political consequences of today's news could be substantial, they might not be legally 4/
So what? FBI needs to say something more about this.

Blader

It's Hillary's fault that this nonsense wasn't nipped in the bud over a year ago. As for what tells me that this would've been an easy election is the fact that the Republicans nominated a racist who has alienated everyone who isn't a white male but has managed to keep a tenuous hold over other Republicans because they spent 20 years making sure that everyone who isn't a Democrat was clear that the Clinton's spawns of Satan.

Edit: with all that said, I've calmed down a little now

If the emails weren't sent from Hillary and weren't withheld by Hillary or her team, then how exactly would Hillary have nipped this in the bud? By all accounts (which aren't many) so far, this doesn't seem to have anything to do with Hillary at all.

Chumley

Banned
There will be plenty of stuff to breathlessly speculate about for the next 11 days.

People like Scarborough are going to make op-eds calling for Comey's immediate resignation. That will probably be the end of it, and if there's any Trump oppo it'll drop Monday at the very latest.

shiba5

Want some more bad news? There is not a single female mouse for sale at any pet store within 50 miles of me - and only two boy mice out of all the stores I called. My remaining mousy is freaking out because she's alone.
WTF is going on?!

jmood88

If the emails weren't sent from Hillary and weren't withheld by Hillary or her team, then how exactly would Hillary have nipped this in the bud? By all accounts (which aren't many) so far, this doesn't seem to have anything to do with Hillary at all.
If it has nothing to do with Hillary herself, then my panic is simply due to listening to CNN hype this up.

Want some more bad news? There is not a single female mouse for sale at any pet store within 50 miles of me - and only two boy mice out of all the stores I called. My remaining mousy is freaking out because she's alone.
WTF is going on?!

Now I have this to worry about too!

They're social animals!

I have to say, I'm getting a bit of a laugh at the people who don't recognize the chicken tenders copy pasta in the OT thread about the email.

This whole thing has got me worked up though. Really making it difficult to do work when I'm just sitting here fuming about what seems to almost certainly being the head of a major agency trying to affect voting.

Owzers

WTF is going on?!
You're going to have to catch one yourself.

Iolo

WTF is going on?!

If you wait eleven days, a hair mouse may become mysteriously available

I wasn't on the "Comey should be canned for this" train earlier, because I gave the benefit of the doubt there was actually maybe some leftover emails they were looking into.

But if what we now know is true, that memo to the GOP was irresponsibly vague, and that's worthy of termination imo. Not because it's anti-Hillary, but because it's incredibly irresponsible and blatantly partisan for an institution that is supposed to be above that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom