• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo60

Just focus on voting guys so we can take the house so Chaffetz and other republicans can't pull silly games in the next few years or so.

I wasn't on the "Comey should be canned for this" train earlier, because I gave the benefit of the doubt there was actually maybe some leftover emails they were looking into.

But if what we now know is true, that memo to the GOP was incredibly irresponsible, and that's worthy of termination imo. Not because it's anti-Hillary, but because it's incredibly irresponsible and blatantly partisan for an institution that is supposed to be above that.

When Comey sent that letter to Jason Chaffetz, he HAD to know it was getting leaked. He's an idiot otherwise.

Veitsev

Ok so explain to me like i'm 5. What happened in the last 20 minutes?

Comey released a letter to the house (also known as the GOP) "out of an abundance of caution" to let them know they found some emails that may or may not be related to the Clinton investigation and that they will investigate them. It was very very important he let them know this vaguery 11 days before the election. This isn't a political stunt at all we promise.

Kaiterra

Banned
Johnson talking about this "E-mails!" thing on CNN and doing a lackadaisical, halfhearted attempt to spin it into an argument to vote for him is pretty hilarious.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Want some more bad news? There is not a single female mouse for sale at any pet store within 50 miles of me - and only two boy mice out of all the stores I called. My remaining mousy is freaking out because she's alone.
WTF is going on?!

Bwahah, this made me laugh and wake up my mom who is trying to nap after a total knee replacement.

Thanks.

If you wait eleven days, a hair mouse may become mysteriously available

Holy shit

I would assume that just being nicer to brown people and women would be easier than trying to rig elections, but the GOP apparently doesn't think so.

Ok so explain to me like i'm 5. What happened in the last 20 minutes?

Comney wrote a letter, in the name of showing abundance of caution, about some sort of maybe potential looking into something maybe sort of related to CLinton but they aren't sure that was as vague as a french wave to Congress that COngress then leaked under the claims of FBI re-opens investigation, only it turns out it's not HRC emails, it's a separate investigation unrelated ot her where in some device at some emails of some sort but not from HRC oh and they never actually closed the investigation so they couldn't exactly be re-opening i.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Goddammit... I panicked for an hour. I knew it was nothing, I was just afraid we wouldn't find out until November 9th. Glad I was wrong.

tuffy

With 11 days to go I don't think this will change much.
I agree that this isn't going to change any minds. But I also think it's time to shove Comey in front of the press so he can explain what this is all about and whether this material is pertinent to anything. And if it's not, he should've thought of that before sending out that vague letter at this time.

Better hope that Comey or solid sources coming out saying what Pete Williams was saying, because if it isn't going to be finished before the election, then the story will remain "Investigation reopened".

shiba5

You're going to have to catch one yourself.

I actually caught a wild one in a Have-a-Heart trap and when I picked up the trap noticed she'd popped out 5 pinkies. So I put them all in a cage and released them when the babies were old enough. They were cute, but very skittish. Domestic mice don't give a fuck and are always panhandling for treats.

Revolver

I haven't seen CNN report anything along the lines of what Pete Williams tweeted. They're still playing this up like a bombshell.

teiresias

I'm sorry anyone saying that Comey should not be fired immediately after inauguration or even sooner is part of the reason Democrats get walked all over.

I'll even take it farther I hope Hillary parades out his replacement and gives a whole long speech about how she hopes a new era of a non politicized FBI will be brought to bear under new leadership.

Then I want that new FBI director to announce an investigation into Comeys emails to determine whether there's been any contact between him the RNC and the Trump campaign during the past year.

Better hope that Comey or solid sources coming out saying what Pete Williams was saying, because if it isn't going to be finished before the election, then the story will remain "Investigation reopened".
Which is fine, because that means nothing and the media won't have anything to talk about.

as far as joe sixpack was concerned the investigation was never over in the first place. "clinton's emails" has been a daily news story.

This will go nowhere outside of hardcore partisans. even GOP senators appear legitimately confused as to what the hell this is

Chumley

Banned

Comey isn't going to say anything. They want this story to stay open.

Iolo

There's something going on here, believe me. And we're going to get to the bottom of it. Ok? We're going to get to the bottom of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom