• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffy

So how exactly are these related to the investigation? LOL
They were found on a device, Clinton didn't send them and they weren't from her private server. Maybe it was some random dude talking about the investigation and Comey thought people should know.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So how exactly are these related to the investigation? LOL

Maybe they're emails from people in her staff concerning the private server? Maybe e-mails being passed around Clinton aides talking about the e-mail situation?

SuperfireCorman

Neo Member
I completely agree that Democrats need to be more aggressive, but c'mon, punishing your political opponents is not okay.

The real problem, imo, is that Dems are willing to accept the Republican premise so much of the time, and are so unwilling to attack them for their many failures and hypocrisies. It took a Trump-tier candidate for the knives to really come out, and that's still mostly confined to him. But that's totally unrelated to the Comey thing.

The story broke a couple of hours ago, lol. Give it a bit.

I would say he'd more be being punished for pulling this kind of stunt more so than for just being a political opponent, though a lot of that is partially due to this election. It's brought out the worst in some people, myself included.

Iolo

Well, the emails came from a "new device" (blackberry?) Does that mean they weren't stored on her private server at any point, or just that they weren't recovered from the server? Who the fuck knows at this point, let's just issue vague statements

Hazmat

No, this is literally saying "fuck governing". All or nothing. That's literally incompatable with our system of government. FBI directors have always served through terms. Investigations come. Relax. Remember the beddwetting that she wouldn't even run?

The responses here are insane and trumpian

Clinton is going to win the presidency. The dems likely will win the senate

Saying that installing people friendly to your party (or neutral enough to not cause a shitstorm 11 days before a national election) is the "end of governing"? You're just not making any sense. That's essentially every executive appointment. There are Democrats that could have run the FBI just as well as Comey and wouldn't have recklessly attacked the Democratic nominee twice in one election. And yes, an FBI investigation all of the sudden into Trump University announced today would be just as unacceptable.

I'd love it if everyone in important government jobs could not be assholes and just do the work, but Comey has demonstrated that he's unable and that the risk is no longer worth it.

Headlines or cable news talk at midday on a Friday are irrelevant. The question is what form the story takes from here.

This. The "pussy grab" thing dropped on a Friday, but there was something THERE; that's why it had legs. This isn't going to have the same kind of draw. Unless Comey issues a followup statement with some meat on it, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this thing will be dead by Monday. Especially considering that the headlines are already calming down, lol.

kadotsu

Banned
So how long will it take to read these 3 emails? How much staff does the FBI need? Maybe they don't have enough people with an English degree now that they all get scooped up by tech companies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
xtla2L.png
68.gif

So... not from her server, not written by her, and not one of her devices...

What in fuck does this have to do with the investigation into the use of her private email server?

Guys, seriously take this in.

- Comey came across a device from a separate investigation.

- Comey finds some emails in it.

- Comey finds none of the emails are to/from HRC.

- Comey finds none of the emails are from the private server center of the FBI investigation.

- Comey sends a letter to GOP partisans saying he's looking at these emails to see if any classified information was sent in relation to Hillary's private server.

WHAT.

This dude is the biggest fuckup of all time.

edit: This is obviously a joke about the Clinton mafia thing, guys. I obviously do not want someone to kill Anthony Weiner.

How can you read that seriously. Come on.

Calming down greatly now with news sites finally starting to change their titles to something closer to what it really is....I just hope the nightly news (except fox, Hanity will be masturbating on this) follows this trend of reporting what it really is, nothing.

I would say he'd more be being punished for pulling this kind of stunt more so than for just being a political opponent, though a lot of that is partially due to this election. It's brought out the worst in some people, myself included.

I hear you. Still, considering how utterly, perfectly context-free this whole mess is right now, calling for the man's head is a bit premature.

That's not punishing a political opponent, that's punishing a public official for using a non political agency for overtly partisan actions.

Bruh

She needs to make an example of this guy and anyone else who crosses her path. It's exactly what I would do. Who cares how people see it, people come at you, you go back at them twice as hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom