• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeytj

Banned
I'm wondering the same thing because that isn't close to what I've been seeing anywhere

It's obvious, for example, that both campaigns consider Nevada a done deal for Hillary, and yet FiveThirtyEight still pretends it's a toss up.

And I still think Iowa will go for Hillary. That early vote is down from 2012, but it still should translate into a Hillary win. EV from Omaha is also encouraging.

The campaigns obviously aren't saying this, but which reporters on Twitter saying that FiveThirtyEight's numbers are the most aligned with internal polling?

I haven't seen anyone saying that. There is a vox story explaining why 538 may have the best model but nothing about their model matching the internals.

The corrections and weights pretty much are the whole model and really haven't been changed much. Any good model feeds back results for tweaking when it's inaccurate.

I doubt the model uses one poll for the entirety of D.C.

At one point in time the only "polling" in DC was Google Consumer Surveys and 538 had a ridiculously high share of the vote for Trump (20-25% depending on the model). The numbers have since come down a bit based on other polls but that was clearly an overreaction.

Hindl

Gen Z or whatever the post-Millennial generation is called.

Nope that's a millennial. Dates change, but it's generally accepted that millennials are late 70s-early 80s to about 95-96. Generation Z is after that, but at this point like others have pointed out, the concept of generations are becoming obsolete.

sphagnum

Banned
Yup. White voters were pretty split between Bernie and Hillary, but minorities absolutely loathed the guy.

Bernie got his ass kicked all across the south, losing black strongholds like GA, DC, and MS by 80/20 and 70/30 margins.

Older non white voters. He did well with younger non white voters, even if he didn't win them over.

KHarvey16

At one point in time the only "polling" in DC was Google Consumer Surveys and 538 had a ridiculously high share of the vote for Trump (20-25% depending on the model). The numbers have since come down a bit based on other polls but that was clearly an overreaction.

But data starvation is solved with more data, which it got. That's how it should work.

I hope the polls getting closer motivates people to vote. We would all like to see a landslide for Clinton, but any type of win is preferable to having a President Trump.

Joeytj

Banned
Older non white voters. He did well with younger non white voters, even if he didn't win them over.

Yes, he did better with younger voters overall, but he still lagged with minorities even in that aspect.

What I loathed is that many of them were introduced to HIllary Clinton as their rival (like I was in 2008) and while they're not pro-Trump, it will be hard for her to win them over.

I hope the theory that Hillary is much more popular when she's actually in office continues to be true.

Joeytj

Banned
So did we get the other 2 NH polls yet?

Just one. There's apparently a PPP poll out later today too.

And yes, for reference, Obama in 2012 also had a narrow 2 point lead in RCP average (for what it's worth) on the day of the election.

He outperformed the polls by about 3.6 points there too.

I don't think that's necessarily true for all indies, but newly registered indies do.

I was more thinking about if the surge in new independent voting might lead to a shock situation where they were mostly Trumpers.

But it looks like data shows them being mostly young people and not liking Trump at all.

KvCN6Wh.png

FUCK

The Nate Silver hate here has been kind of annoying to me generally, but this is a good piece
http://www.vox.com/2016/11/3/13147678/nate-silver-fivethirtyeight-trump-forecast

its too easy. here lets do it with gaf.

adjusted hate for gaf +8%.
here is 5 ways the gaf can win the election.
gaf is being undersampled and it may win the election
gaf +6% in boise idaho, odds of winning election increase 15%
here are 14 ways an fbi investigation of gaf can help them gaf the election

I don't think that's necessarily true for all indies, but newly registered indies do.

It honestly varies state by state, as they each have their own wording and types of 'Decline to State' registrations. Registering as no party isn't the same as people saying they are independent in a poll.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
To be fair on the oppo, a while back I believe John Harwood quoted a GOP insider as saying that Trump's team interviewed him and knew two more pieces of oppo were coming. I cannot find the tweet, though.

Guys i know but I couldnt help myself. Rick Wilson is saying oppo coming tonight/tomorrow. Its result will either be "exile or prison". Media already has it, he's saying.

Rick Wilson‏ @TheRickWilson
I'll say it for the 10th time:

1. Media has the two story leads.
2. Neither was the story from yesterday.
3. I don't control timing.
Rick Wilson‏ @TheRickWilson
@coalsmom I'm aware.
Lori S‏ @coalsmom
@TheRickWilson READ
Thomas C. Theiner‏ @noclador
Tomorrow it will be 4 days to the #USElection = two BRUTAL revelations about @realDonaldTrump will come out. After which: exile or prison.

Edit: Hint towards oppo

Thomas C. Theiner‏ @noclador

As the @FBI has abandoned its job as the #US' counterintelligence agency, here is a hint what will break @realDonaldTrump tomorrow:
cc: #KGB
CwVzXXUWEAAyGwQ.jpg

Dierce

Guys i know but I couldnt help myself. Rick Wilson is saying oppo coming tonight/tomorrow. Its result will either be "exile or prison". Media already has it, he's saying.

He is probably bluffing. If the media had it they would have already released it because in the end, the one that releases it first gets most of the views.

I feel like every time Trump's starting to make things tighter the newspapers remember 'oh wait this guy is an existential threat to a free press' and starts looking for whatever nukes that can drop on his head.

cable news DGAF though.

also lockhimup

Kaiterra

Banned
Rick Wilson is either the biggest bullshit artist this side of Trump, or he's been completely misinformed... (or he's totally fucking right!)

He seems like he's just trying to do the same shit to Trump that Trump is doing. Repeatedly insinuate something is out there that isn't out there so people just assume it really exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom