• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm....Trump meets Gorbachev in 1987

AP8712090599.jpg

This is like the first picture of Trump I've seen all cycle that makes me think more of him. Gorby is awesome.

TS-08

I don't know if he knows exactly what it is but he's not the only one who's said there is more to come. I do agree that all the hyping often leads to disappointment but we'll see.

Right but my point is that he could just be relying on those rumors.

I doubt there's anything left on par with the Access Hollywood tape, but if there is, I can't imagine it wouldn't drop today - and probably soon.

Just throwing stuff out there. Would a photo of him and Putin together in the 80s be damaging?

Putin was a KGB agent back then so yeah.

Wild speculation: someone got old KGB files of Trump

Assuming the oppo is russian-related or even exists

Speculation is fun!

Tall4Life

If Trump just wins every blue state he'll win the Presidency. Why didn't I see this before...ohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohno

If it was truly the level of bombshell that Wilson is claiming it is, that it could send Trump to jail, I just can't imagine it being sat on for as long as it has been. Someone would either leak it or rush to get the scoop.

Not unless it's a photo of them getting intimate.

He'll just say he forgot meeting him once off or something.
This rush to post damning stuff is not how it works. Newspapers, even rags like NYPost will need to run everything by legal so Trump doesnt bankrupt them in retaliation. All the sources and evidence must be solid as fuck to withstand any lawsuit.

Which is why they may be sitting on it. Or thrown it into trashbin because they couldnt corroborate it or legal told them donnt run it.

Lenz44

Banned
Thomas C. Theiner
‏@noclador
July 1987: #Trump visits #SovietUnion
Sept 1987: #Trump spends $94k for ads demanding #US should abandon its allies

No idea if this is the leak, or if this is the background info

Boke1879

Right but my point is that he could just be relying on those rumors.

I doubt there's anything left on par with the Access Hollywood tape, but if there is, I can't imagine it wouldn't drop today - and probably soon.

I agree but we'll see. No matter what it is I'm just looking forward to seeing it. The next 4 days are going to be slow and torturous enough.

Kimawolf

Thing is different people have been saying it. Cesare, Rick Wilson, Liz Mair, that guy who hinted 1987. I dont know what to make of all of it.

It could be a nothingburger. Or it could be something that doesnt have any evidence so media doesnt report it.
At this lafe stage if you don't have video, docs, or pics people won't care.

Oh and CNN just debunked the Clinton Indictment nonsense Fox reported.

GhaleonEB

Another random FL note: the early vote is already higher than the total EV for 2012. It's also up to 57% of the total vote in 2012. Even with a rise in overall turnout we're looking at >70% voted before Tuesday at this rate. And the demographics are tipping toward Clinton, not away, as the average voter is getting younger as the election nears.

Trump is going to have to crush it on Tuesday to make it really competitive.

Tall4Life

Barring a picture of time travelling Trump literally shaking hands with Hitler I don't think any oppo at this point can help, really.

BUT HOW CAN YOU SHAKE HANDS WITH YOURSELF

Guys i know but I couldnt help myself. Rick Wilson is saying oppo coming tonight/tomorrow. Its result will either be "exile or prison". Media already has it, he's saying.]

In 5 years, Rick Wilson's going to be tweeting about how he got Trump to release his long-form birth certificate and how proud he is to have put an end to the controversy. Until anything comes out (and if you have it, you jolly well release it before the last week of the campaign), this is a 50 gallon barrel of fetid bullshit.

Thomas C. Theiner
‏@noclador

But the FBI already thoroughly investigated and found no ties. Or are you telling me the FBI is being shady? I'll believe it when long dormant Twitter accounts rise from the grave.

Thing is different people have been saying it. Cesare, Rick Wilson, Liz Mair, that guy who hinted 1987. I dont know what to make of all of it.

It could be a nothingburger. Or it could be something that doesnt have any evidence so media doesnt report it.

I don't know Cesare's pedigree, so i'll leave him out of this, but the core group fluffing BOMBSHELL! are well known GOP ratfuckers and hangers-on operatives. They're obviously feeding within the same echo chamber, butressing eachothers wild pronouncements of, "any day, now!" because in the absence of their normal GOP/Conservative base, they're relying on a Dem/Liberal cheering section to keep them, and their paying customers (McMuffin) in the news.

Without some movement provided by thousands of liberals clamoring for the latest hint of "OPPO!" they would be sitting at home pining for FOX invites. Instead they're replacing those lost opportunities with MSNBC invites.

Paches

In 5 years, Rick Wilson's going to be tweeting about how he got Trump to release his long-form birth certificate and how proud he is to have put an end to the controversy. Until anything comes out (and if you have it, you jolly well release it before the last week of the campaign), this is a 50 gallon barrel of fetid bullshit.

Saving this post for tomorrow when Trump is exposed as an undercover KGB agent.

Teggy

Regarding why wouldn't the info be out yet - the press has to corroborate anything they receive they can't just print it.

KMS

Thomas C. Theiner
‏@noclador

Since the FBI is backing Trump can the CIA back Hillary and drag Trump off to one of their overseas prisons?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I think Obama's been great in Florida today. Neither of the candidates have a tenth of his charisma, but I hope he's an effective advocate for her in turning out more votes there. Gonna miss that man as my President. :(

Since the FBI is backing Trump can the CIA back Hillary and drag Trump off to one of their overseas prisons?

I actually have to imagine the CIA is firmly anti-Trump considering I can't imagine most intelligence officials listening to Trump and feeling anything but horror.

Thomas C. Theiner
‏@noclador

He already said it will be released tomorrow. He's just laying the groundwork.

Either Trump is KGB or a Russian citizen! Cesare hint pls.

My mother says Trump can't win because George Clooney promised he wouldn't. Polls are meaningless in the face of Clooney's word.

Barring a picture of time travelling Trump literally shaking hands with Hitler I don't think any oppo at this point can help, really.

Easily if you're time traveling. Silly question.

So I am starting to think Comey got wind of the NY office planning to leak the email stuff in the worst way possible, and fired off his incredibly vague letter as a way to insert himself in the center of it in the most neutral way possible to diffuse the shit show his own office was trying to start.

Either way what a mess in the FBI.

shiba5

The Deplorables would just say it's better to be friends with Hitler rather than enemies.

I knew the FL vote was way up from 2012, I didn't realize black voters were coming out in such larger numbers as well.

https://twitter.com/jeremybird/status/794233700279955456

Guessing we'd see the same in NC if they, you know, had polling places open that first week.

Another random FL note: the early vote is already higher than the total EV for 2012. It's also up to 57% of the total vote in 2012. Even with a rise in overall turnout we're looking at >70% voted before Tuesday at this rate. And the demographics are tipping toward Clinton, not away, as the average voter is getting younger as the election nears.

Trump is going to have to crush it on Tuesday to make it really competitive.
Thanks for the update, this is really great news.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
He already said it will be released tomorrow. He's just laying the groundwork.

Either Trump is KGB or a Russian citizen! Cesare hint pls.

This would just be an absolutely massive story. I don't want to believe it because of how damaging it would be for our country, but seeing how the country and media would respond would be so bizarre.

Barzul

I think Obama's been great in Florida today. Neither of the candidates have a tenth of his charisma, but I hope he's an effective advocate for her in turning out more votes there. Gonna miss that man as my President. :(

I just hope they've got buses to route people to polling locations after these events. I think he'll be effective in securing voters. He genuinely excites people and most Americans realize now after this current cycle just how good we've had it the last 8 years. He definitely did not campaign this hard for the Senate races in 2010 and 2014 but back then he was shackled by the political climate and false responsibility for stuff like Benghazi, Obamacare and back in 2010 the Tea Party was at it's height. He's going to give her Florida and NC I think. I almost wish these were the only two states he campaigned in btw now and election day. Maybe throw in Nevada. Bernie and Michelle should hit up NH...the demographics there are well suited to their appeal. Hilary well she needs to be everywhere lol

I actually have to imagine the CIA is firmly anti-Trump considering I can't imagine most intelligence officials listening to Trump and feeling anything but horror.
Imagine it. The Secret Second American Civil War. Fought covertly between the forces of the CIA and the FBI with the public none the wiser. Like the Assassins and Templars.

BadRNG

This rush to post damning stuff is not how it works. Newspapers, even rags like NYPost will need to run everything by legal so Trump doesnt bankrupt them in retaliation. All the sources and evidence must be solid as fuck to withstand any lawsuit.

Which is why they may be sitting on it. Or thrown it into trashbin because they couldnt corroborate it or legal told them donnt run it.
We're not talking about something they just got yesterday though, right? This has been talked about for quite awhile, and reportedly is with multiple media outlets as well as being known seemingly by several unrelated people. The fact that it has so much hype and so many people know about it just reinforces things for me. The biggest drops we have seen this year have been sudden and quickly after being obtained.

It being garbage and put in the trash seems reasonable to me actually. If this thing does exist that is the most likely scenario I think.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So per this timeline I have, New Hampshire was called at 9:50 pm in 2012. Wonder when it will be called this time if it's really that close.

So I am starting to think Comey got wind of the NY office planning to leak the email stuff in the worst way possible, and fired off his incredibly vague letter as a way to insert himself in the center of it in the most neutral way possible to diffuse the shit show his own office was trying to start.

Either way what a mess in the FBI.

His PR onslaught from nominally Liberal commentators, and the reporting from 'counter-leaking' FBI agents tends to paint a picture that he was jammed by these rogue agents. The story is that they held the info for weeks to keep their sneak attack secret. Now Comey is thrust in the middle trying to keep the focus on him, and away from his inability to keep partisan forces in the FBI ranks from wagging the whole organization.

If you believe that version of the spin, of course

Barzul

Imagine it. The Secret Second American Civil War. Fought covertly between the forces of the CIA and the FBI with the public none the wiser. Like the Assassins and Templars.

CIA probably wins. They've got dirt on everyone and extra judicial power.

Saving this post for tomorrow when Trump is exposed as an undercover KGB agent.

I will gladly eat crow if that turns out to be the case. So, just for fun, if this turns out to be the leak, and it's accompanied with really solid evidence (such as Trump saying as much on tape), what percentage of the general vote does he still get? 38% (factoring in people who voted early and don't know the procedure to change it)? Whatever it is, every single historical figure these people hold up as heroes (the founding fathers, Reagan, Jesus) is spinning in their grave.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Obama officially heading to New Hampshire means it is a close race.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
On twitter, having it out with some trump supporter lady who calls herself "deeply consecutive"

I'm just going to call conservatives "consecutives" from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom