• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dierce

So let me get this straight. Russia is vaguely threatening nuclear war, or at least some perceive it that way, and the only way to stop it is for trump to win? So who is being the aggressor here? These alt-right, green fanatics are a bunch of cowards along with being racists.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Jeez, what the hell is up with NH? I mean, I know it's only two polls, but still.

Regardless, I'd be fine with Trump winning NH if it meant Hassan gets the senate.

We're not talking about something they just got yesterday though, right? This has been talked about for quite awhile, and reportedly is with multiple media outlets as well as being known seemingly by several unrelated people. The fact that it has so much hype and so many people know about it just reinforces things for me. The biggest drops we have seen this year have been sudden and quickly after being obtained.

It being garbage and put in the trash seems reasonable to me actually. If this thing does exist that is the most likely scenario I think.
You're probably right. I'm around 10% sure something exists. But Wilson did not say when the "oppo" went to news media. He just says they have them.

Guise, what if Nate Silver is the one who is right? Who's gonna have an egg on their faces now, huh, huh?

Seriously tho, it feels like it's a low risk, high reward situation for Silver. He can unfollow the pack (but not quite go there and outright predict a Trump win) and he turns out to be right, or close to it, he can say that his model alone is the gold standard from this point on. If he is wrong, he can just say that ALL the models were wrong since even his model predicted a Clinton win like everyone else. I guess the problem with his bet is if Clinton wins in a blowout. His site is finished then but two out of three possible scenario isn't a bad bet for a gambler like Nate.

Anyone who thinks there is big oppo remaining is deluded. No one would sit on anything that serious this long into the game. The whole point of an October Surprise is that it happens well before voting begins so that the story can sink in and have a big impact on the results. What's the point of waiting until after millions of people have already cast their ballots?

All these 'incoming oppo' tweets are literally the same garbage nothing-burger teasing you get in video game marketing or dumb youtube videos, but for some reason in politics the tactic still fools people. They're after clicks and attention, nothing more.

Damaniel

Banned
Guys i know but I couldnt help myself. Rick Wilson is saying oppo coming tonight/tomorrow. Its result will either be "exile or prison". Media already has it, he's saying.

Edit: Hint towards oppo

CwVzXXUWEAAyGwQ.jpg

Shit or get off the pot, Rick.

(I'm sure he's got nothing. No oppo coming, sadly.)

Anyone who thinks there is big oppo remaining is deluded. No one would sit on anything that serious this long into the game. The whole point of an October Surprise is that it happens well before voting begins so that the story can sink in and have a big impact on the results. What's the point of waiting until after millions of people have already casted their ballots early?
While I don't believe there is anything, if it's serious enough that it's blatantly criminal (like treason or sedition) and would lead to his arrest then it doesn't matter if it comes tomorrow or Tuesday.

Strimei

Just got back from phone banking today. Today's efforts were more focused on getting more volunteers for a concerted GotV effort this weekend as well as Monday and Tuesday.

Still, went well, though majority of my calls went to voicemail. I did end up calling one guy who actually is voting Trump, which was amusing, though the guy was very nice (which, I admit, I hadn't expected). Rudest response were the people who hung up on me before I even finished speaking. Honestly, some people have no manners.

Felt good though, and I'm doing more on Sunday.

Oppo....dripping?

Thomas C. Theiner‏ @noclador
#Trump's #Soviet contact: ambassador (actually ПГУ Генера́л-лейтена́нт) Yuri Dubinin.
Then @CIA Deputy Director Bob Gates had them tailed.

sphagnum

Banned
Zizek has always had weird opinions and doesn't seem to find ethnic jokes problematic, so I could see him picking Trump

Who takes Zizek seriously though? Most leftists like him because he's the funny slobbering man

It's pretty amateur hour to use an analogy like 'Bernie endorsing Hillary is like OWS endorsing Lehman Brothers'. Yeah we know she's in that world of raising money and making money, most every Clinton voter accepts that but still have enough sense and are informed enough to perceive her as an elected official beyond that controversial issue.

He actually sounded like he was uninformed, or just not putting a lot of effort into understanding this election. He's great on a lot of topics regarding ideologies, but this was really weak.

KMS

I will gladly eat crow if that turns out to be the case. So, just for fun, if this turns out to be the leak, and it's accompanied with really solid evidence (such as Trump saying as much on tape), what percentage of the general vote does he still get? 38% (factoring in people who voted early and don't know the procedure to change it)? Whatever it is, every single historical figure these people hold up as heroes (the founding fathers, Reagan, Jesus) is spinning in their grave.
Well good thing he has been educating people on how they can change their vote. For those in the six states that allow it.

Put me down for no vote changing oppo.

It seems like reaction to Melania's speech was mocking her for going after cyber bullies while being married to one.

This is one of the most predictable things. Who thought it'd be a good idea ?

While I don't believe there is anything, if it's serious enough that it's blatantly criminal (like treason or sedition) and would lead to his arrest then it doesn't matter if it comes tomorrow or Tuesday.

If you care about down-ballot results at all then the timing absolutely matters. Why would you give up millions of votes for Senate/House races?

Just Occam's Razor this shit, what's more likely: That every single republican candidate's campaign team failed to unearth literal treason on the part of Trump and that no who did discover/know about it from the Democratic/media side leaked it to the press this entire campaign through immense discipline, or that it just doesn't exist.

Grexeno

If you care about down-ballot results at all then the timing absolutely matters. Why would you give up millions of votes for Senate/House races?

Just Occam's Razor this shit, what's more likely: That every single republican candidate's campaign team failed to unearth literal treason on the part of Trump and that no who did discover/know about it from the Democratic/media side leaked it to the press this entire campaign through immense discipline, or that it just doesn't exist.
They didn't find the Access Hollywood tape.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
LOL. Melania plagiarized yet again. And this time, it's even better. She plagiarized her predecessor:

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...load-of-who-Melania-Trump-is-plagiarizing-now

This election, mang...

I swear to fucking god, every time I think we've reached the bottom of the well it turns out there's still room to sink lower.

When they make a full 10-season TV show of this election I will watch that and only that for the rest of my life. We won't need anything else, it'll have everything.

even the emails I get from the Hillary team cites Five Thirty Eight...we're losing!

But I know they do this strategy every election...stirring panic to get us off our asses.

DID U KNO POLITICS? On Something Awful they had their own Diablos, named Arzy. Arzy loved to arzy during the 2008 election, and then at some point between 2008 and 2012 flipped and began to support Romney, while still arzying (reverse arzying?) about Obama. Then he requested an 11 year ban.

Bladelaw

Just got back from phone banking today. Today's efforts were more focused on getting more volunteers for a concerted GotV effort this weekend as well as Monday and Tuesday.

Still, went well, though majority of my calls went to voicemail. I did end up calling one guy who actually is voting Trump, which was amusing, though the guy was very nice (which, I admit, I hadn't expected). Rudest response were the people who hung up on me before I even finished speaking. Honestly, some people have no manners.

Felt good though, and I'm doing more on Sunday.

I can't speak for everyone you talked to but I get a shitload of calls all day mostly from either GOTV and pollsters. I've actually responded and given information indicating who I'm voting for and what demographic I slot into. At this point I'm just kind of done answering the calls but since a few folks I know aren't programmed into my phone I'll generally answer the phone when I can. At this point I just try to politely decline and hang up. After 7 calls in one day I stopped being polite. I appreciate the effort that goes into getting accurate poll data and ensuring people are going to vote for your candidate but eventually people (or at least me) get sick of answering the same damn questions.

They didn't find the Access Hollywood tape.

The whole point is that they didn't wait for November to release that tape! There's a reason it's called an October Surprise; you release it in October so that the effects can sink in before early voting starts. Waiting until November to release something means you didn't care about capturing millions of early voters!

BadRNG

Oppo....dripping?
What if Trump is the Winter Pumpkin, brainwashed by the USSR to exact vengeance upon Regan and his republicans for tearing down the wall. Now he not only destroys the republican party, he intends to build a new wall. The greatest, folks. You wouldn't even believe.

No but seriously, who is Thomas C. Theiner? Other than someone who really seems to hate Putin.

sphagnum

Banned
DID U KNO POLITICS? On Something Awful they had their own Diablos, named Arzy. Arzy loved to arzy during the 2008 election, and then at some point between 2008 and 2012 flipped and began to support Romney, while still arzying (reverse arzying?) about Obama. Then he requested an 11 year ban.

I did know this! But I always figured if I started saying "arzying" since Diablos requested that we stop using his name that noone would get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom