• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My head is spinning right now. Is the case reopened or not?

It's not re-opened. The GOP is simply trying to spin it that way. Comey was saying "Hey, Congressional panel, we found some more e-mails that might be pertinent to the case but we don't know, so we're going to have to take time to look at them," as it changed his testimony to Congress.

The GOP then ran with that to say, "MORE E-MAILS FOUND, INVESTIGATION RE-OPENED, KILLARY IS A CRIMINAL"

mo60

And of course Trump will face no repercussions for totally fucking lying his ass off about this. What kind of chaos would have to happen on election day for him to go to jail? Does he really get off scott-free just because he never outright said "hey, please murder those people"?

He will have to deal with voters sending him and republicans a huge message on november 8th with their votes against him.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So, mostly likely scenario, the FBI was looking at Weiner's phone, and they find 3 e-mails from Huma Abedin mentioning HRC's private server in passing, and EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR FUCKING SHIT.

Iolo

obama bros are pissed

SgnJVU.png

no he was not obligated to be clear, just to notify Congress

kadotsu

Banned
After all is said and done this will have zero effect. Any gains this could give the GOP will be evened out by some "complacent" Dems getting their ass to the voting booth because of the partisan nature of this.

Edit: Also cue the Curb theme for Weiner once again.

I for sure as hell am not giving Comey a pass on this. There should have been a press release to the public at the ready. Instead he sends some vaguely worded memo that could be construed as anything, when the nation is battling "rigged" and "lock her up" claims left and right from the opposing candidate. It's irresponsible at the very best, and politically motivated at the worst.

teiresias

So even Comey was doing this out of obligation. It probably is really nothing then.

Fulfilling his obligation the way he did is analogous to someone fulfilling their obligation to tell a sexual partner they may have given them an STD by sending a text that says nothing but "You might want to get tested"

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Let's not pretend Comey didn't know what he was doing. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Iolo

So, mostly likely scenario, the FBI was looking at Weiner's phone, and they find 3 e-mails from Huma Abedin mentioning HRC's private server in passing, and EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR FUCKING SHIT.

Oh my god

Huma found sexts on Weiner's device, fired off an email on it to Hillary saying HRC should drone him

The existence of the drone program was classified

sazzy

crazy day..

first the hello games hacked twitter

and then clinton fbi emails..

morphing into weiner sexting

holy shit

thebloo

When Andrea fucking Mitchell is like "Really queen"?

Also send good thoughts. 5 year old got hurt at school. Nothing serious, but going to the ER to be safe. May have hurt his arm. :(

All will be well. Mook has twitter now. All is well in the world ;)

Also send good thoughts. 5 year old got hurt at school. Nothing serious, but going to the ER to be safe. May have hurt his arm. :(

Sending good thoughts. I fractured my arm when I was in kindergarten. Shit wasn't fun.

Also, pro-tip: The padded walls they have in gyms aren't that well padded at all.

That the immediate reaction from Republicans was trying to argue about how to make it harder for black people to vote says something though.

That was revealing and can be nice to point to later on.

Good tweets to save.
Yeah. I mean, not that they need any excuse to do that and aren't trying to anyway, but still. The more and more transparent they make that, the better.

Aww. Sending good thoughts! ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom