• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

i really want to know what they're giving him in return b/c he got clearly screwed by the dnc

Yes, because Beanie was commanding an impressive popular vote and pledged delegate lead among Democrats, popularity among the minority voters that make up the Democratic coalition at record highs, his path to the nomination all but assured...

Until DONNA BRAZILE leaked a question about toxic water in Flint. Because Hillary WOULD NOT have been prepared for that otherwise.

My eyes can't roll hard enough at this shit.

Diablos

I mean he shouldn't have done it but only 700 something dollars?
Come on IN, you wouldn't think twice about supporting lobbyist scum Republicans, leave some room for Evan, he just needs to occupy the seat representing your boring ass state

Newsweek story on why Russia backs Trump

Holy shit if that story is true Russia is explicitly backing Trump. They apparently stopped their efforts after the Khan incident because they thought Trump would have to resign and they might get someone worse. If this is the oppo, than it's kind of lame, but it's still crazy.

Joeytj

Banned
she's breaking tomorrow's Newsweek headline.

Those Eichenwald stories are always duds. I mean, not unimportant, and he broke the news about his dealings in Cuba, but never the bombshells he hypes them up to be.

And Maddow gets annoying for using them too the night before it goes live on Newsweek.

EDIT: Then again?

Holy shit if that story is true Russia is explicitly backing Trump. They apparently stopped their efforts after the Khan incident because they thought Trump would have to resign and they might get someone worse.

Also, I'm liking Dave Weigel a lot on Twitter. Never just spews BS, always sources his comments and doesn't induce panic like other political experts.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ha, like clockwork. When Maddow has an exclusive, it's either a Newsweek headline or PPP.

Diablos

Holy shit if that story is true Russia is explicitly backing Trump. They apparently stopped their efforts after the Khan incident because they thought Trump would have to resign and they might get someone worse.
But look at this email from John Podesta to his massage therapist. Is it code for a happy ending

sazzy

Those Eichenwald stories are always duds. I mean, not unimportant, and he broke the news about his dealings in Cuba, but never the bombshells he hypes them up to be.

And Maddow gets annoying for using them too the night before it goes live on Newsweek.

well Kurt is obviously providing them to her so...

Ithil

i really want to know what they're giving him in return b/c he got clearly screwed by the dnc

It's probably because he's not a 19 year old whose only experience in politics was liking Sanders' facebook page and going "yeah fuck the establishment man" then not voting at all in the primary.

That seems harsh, but it's true. Sanders is campaigning so hard because he knows a democratic president and congress is the best possible platform to help the progressive reforms he's been working towards for his whole career.

Also, he lost in the primary because he got fewer votes than the other candidate.

That story is kind of hilarious. Russia was scared Trump wouldn't win, so they're like "Naw, we're done for a while." Once they knew he wasn't dropping out, they started feeding him information again.

Diablos

That story is kind of hilarious. Russia was scared Trump wouldn't win, so they're like "Naw, we're done for a while." Once they knew he wasn't dropping out, they started feeding him information again.
Well that's quite an interesting develo--- BREAKING NEWS: Hillary says LOL in an email to aide who was later fired and got a job a Popeyes

I think I'm getting Popeyes on the 8th for dinner. I mean why not

Boke1879

I mean it's no secret that Putin at least wants Trump in the White House.

But you have to ask yourself why? Do they have something on Trump to make him cooperative? Is it just because he's easily manipulated?

I don't like reading things like this. Just because Eichenwald's stories don't splash all across the channels doesn't mean they're duds. He has done absolutely stellar good 'ol fashion journalism, and should be commended for it. He broke the Cuban Embargo story. Now he's directly connecting the wikileaks to Trump. No one in US media could do this except him.

Diablos

A federal judge seems unlikely to grant an injunction in a lawsuit alleging voter intimidation by the Nevada Republican Party and the Donald Trump’s campaign.

The suit, which is one of several filed across the country by Democrats, alleges that the Trump campaign, the Nevada Republican Party and a group called “Stop the Steal” associated with longtime Trump advisor Roger Stone are engaged in a campaign of voter intimidation, in part due to statements made by Trump about the election being “rigged.”

Although no order or binding instruction was issued Thursday, District Court Judge Richard Boulware said that Trump’s talk of a “rigged election” in general terms as well as a handful of examples of volunteers in Las Vegas giving inappropriate advice wasn’t sufficient for the injunction asked for by the Democrats to be issued.

“It doesn’t seem to me at this point that there is enough evidence,” he said.
http://www.ktnv.com/news/political/...-trump-nevada-republicans-unlikely-to-proceed

Boke1879

I don't like reading things like this. Just because Eichenwald's stories don't splash all across the channels doesn't mean they're duds. He has done absolutely stellar good 'ol fashion journalism, and should be commended for it. He broke the Cuban Embargo story. Now he's directly connecting the wikileaks to Trump. No one in US media could do this except him.

Yup. Stuff like this is important and it's not make believe stories. In fact it's not shocking that this is going on. From EVERYTHING we know. Trumps former campaign manager having ties to Russia, Trump openly praising Putin, Wikileaks etc. It's not really hard to put it all together.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I saw someone on Facebook spinning this election's dynamics as Hillary antagonizing Russia. Some people have serious difficulty with reality.

TheFatOne

But you have to ask yourself why? Do they have something on Trump to make him cooperative? Is it just because he's easily manipulated?

He's a moron, and will most likely be easily manipulated. I mean look at the box Putin put him in this election for proof.

I feel like Eichenwald would be getting Fahrenthold's Pulitzer in an alternate universe where the election isn't crazy as hell.

If this was any other presidential election it would have had an effect.

royalan

Because Trump is a groupie and a moron.

It's really not more complicated than that.

well now I know what Eichenwald's GAF username is.

j/k though, you're entirely right. He's doing good work, work that will probably really only be appreciated after the election is over and things have calmed down.

As it is, people are looking for some kind of gamechanging nuke that will shock the deplorables back into whatever caves they crawled out of.

so pretty much "dead girl or live boy" territory. The kind of people who would appreciate this kind of journalism he's pumping out, or even read it at ALL were never going to vote for Trump in the first place.

Well, Hillary won:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/beyonce-to-campaign-for-hillary-clinton-source/

Columbus, Ohio -- Beyoncé will join Jay Z on Friday in Ohio at a get-out-the-vote concert for Hillary Clinton, a source who overheard the news told CBS News.

Clinton will be joined by the music superstars at a rally at Cleveland State University heading into the final weekend before Election Day. The Clinton campaign is making an aggressive push to urge Ohioans to vote early.

Jay Z’s appearance had already been announced.

But the addition of his wife Beyoncé, one of the biggest entertainers in the world, adds even more star power to the Cleveland event.

The concert is aimed at millennials and African-American voters in the Democratic stronghold of Cuyahoga County, where Clinton needs big margins on election night to defeat Donald Trump, who is leading the polls in Ohio.

The music megastars are among several acts -- including Katy Perry, The National and John Legend -- helping Clinton make a final appeal to young voters.

The Clinton campaign declined to comment on the appearance.

Joeytj

Banned

Yes, I know, he does excellent work. And maybe it's my fault for thinking every news story is worthless if it doesn't bring about the downfall of Trump.

But there are many other great pieces of journalism that aren't hyped up like these Newsweek ones.

The closing pitch for Republican congressional candidates is "Our candidate is a sex criminal who will lose but we will vote for him because we are terrified of our Nazi fans. If you elect us, we will make sure the Supreme Court never gets another justice and that Hillary Clinton will be impeached over nothing."

I wonder how Trump happened when these are the things that the GOP is promoting.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I saw someone on Facebook spinning this election's dynamics as Hillary antagonizing Russia. Some people have serious difficulty with reality.
My brother reads Drudge almost exclusively and was saying some similar shit the other day. He's convinced that Hillary will force us into conflict with Russia... as if bending over and letting Putin control us like a ventriloquist act is preferable.

HylianTom

Banned
Election Day forecast as of this evening:
DCT_SPECIAL22_1280x720.jpg

GLORIOUS.

Dierce

So is trump the dumbest cult figure of all time? I always felt that cult leaders had some intelligence to accompany the charisma but here comes this guy who has neither, just pure hatred and stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom