• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Election Day forecast as of this evening:
DCT_SPECIAL22_1280x720.jpg

GLORIOUS.

It was 30 degrees and everything was covered in ice in Salt Lake City for the 2014 midterms. Global warming is going to kill everyone.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
My brother reads Drudge almost exclusively and was saying some similar shit the other day. He's convinced that Hillary will force us into conflict with Russia... as if bending over and letting Putin control us like a ventriloquist act is preferable.
It's crazy that thinly veiled appeasement is something Republicans are cheering for in regards to Russia.

Ryuuroden

Why is that? People are arguing for the status quo saying America is great already or claiming we can work to make America be great again. Are you saying both sides are wrong?

Because even if Hillary wins, Republicans have pretty much obliterated any pretence that they care about the rule of law or the Democratic process in their quest for power. Claiming rigged elections, using foreign govt aid, various branches of govt are disintegrating into partisanship right before our eyes. We see it in leaders of our military now too. It may not happen this election but I think things are only going to get worse. It won't matter if Democrats win.

Joeytj

Banned
Anyone interested in knowing the ABC tracker update for tomorrow? It's not good news...or is it?

Meh, I stopped paying attention to it a couple of days ago, and it turned out today that Hillary was back in the lead there again. Big woop.

Not saying she's back in the lead just because I didn't give a damn, lol, but I actually made myself believe she was continuing to trend down before I saw by chance that she was up again.

Grief.exe

The bus strike in Philadelphia could result in issues with African American turnout.

Can't believe that Pennsylvania doesn't have early voting, crazy.

Anyone interested in knowing the ABC tracker update for tomorrow? It's not good news...or is it?

Basically it's back to where it was before the letter, 47 Clinton 44 Trump. I would post the image but I'm worried they'll fix the way I find it way before it's updated publicly. Look at my posts in this thread around midnight last night to see the method.

BadRNG

Do they bus the people to vote after concerts or something? How effective are these kinds of shows in actually getting people to vote?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Do they bus the people to vote after concerts or something? How effective are these kinds of shows in actually getting people to vote?

I know that some of the recent Hillary events had vans ready to take folks to the polls.

So is trump the dumbest cult figure of all time? I always felt that cult leaders had some intelligence to accompany the charisma but here comes this guy who has neither, just pure hatred and stupidity.

The same thing happens to every cult leader. The adoration becomes everything and the need for it gets more and more intense- his behavior at his rallies and his obsession with those rallies shows it. Even if he was a competent politician, he is unable to campaign intelligently because that's not his priority. It's to be praised by his followers.

Kusagari

This Russian stuff won't make much noise on its own.

If it has legs will be based off Trump responding to it in typical Trump manner or not.

Ecotic

I said this earlier but I think the letter story lost potency on Wednesday and Hillary can probably claw back 2 points by Tuesday. Maybe that's enough for Ohio.

Diablos

The bus strike in Philadelphia could result in issues with African American turnout.

Can't believe that Pennsylvania doesn't have early voting, crazy.
We have a lot of stupid laws and the state GOP does not want early voting at all. Seriously, our Republicans would rather not only have poll watchers but expand ancient state law to allow them to arrive from other counties to "monitor" elections. This state is really corrupt

Ryuuroden

I'm starting to hope the final days come soon so Jesus can take all the evangelicals away. The sad thing is, they would be the ones left here on earth. I also am sad that I am saying that because as a Christian myself, I should not be judging the evangelicals. What a quandary I am in.

royalan

It's not just that...

I don't even like her, but Beyonce is at the prime of her career right now, and she's been an outspoken activist.

Having her openly stumping for Hillary will be just as big as Michelle Obama, if not more so for millennials.

Bey and Jay are the biggest black couple in existence besides the Obamas so this is pretty huge. i'm shocked they're doing this but didn't campaign for the obamas, their personal friends. maybe michelle gave them the nudge.
It's not just that...

I don't even like her, but Beyonce is at the prime of her career right now, and she's been an outspoken activist.

Having her openly stumping for Hillary will be just as big as Michelle Obama, if not more so for millennials.
yeah this is huge.

gkryhewy

No strike on election day. They have agreed to full schedule that day

As a local, it's completely baffling to me that people keep saying this. It's not true. SEPTA may seek a court injunction to force it, but it's not guaranteed.

The union has explicitly said they will not work on election day if the strike is still on- they will have to be forced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom