• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Response rates!

Like, there's so much evidence out there that makes this case I find it weird that pollsters don't try to fix it.

More likely, they don't have the time/money to get a response from those undersampled groups. They know the problem, but they also haven't found a solution.

But weren't the CIA the original NSA before we had an NSA though?

Like wasn't it the CIA that used to cook up crazy schemes like giving Castro a Cigar laced with Acid?

But yeah I guess it makes sense that the CIA is looking at all the Putin-Trump shit and getting pretty pissed off at the intelligence briefings they have to give Trump.

The CIA are assholes, but they're intelligent assholes who want structure and a clear plan of what's going to happen.

The FBI are just your normal garden variety authoritarian cops who are just a tad smarter than the rest.

Honestly, I'm feeling more sympathetic for Comey now that we know about that rogue Breitbart-loving, Hillary-hating faction within the FBI.

Maybe that's why Obama chose him? He knew there were some troublesome factions within the FBI and he put Comey in charge in order to calm them down?

?

How does that gel with Comey's ridiculous behavior

jonjonaug

Response rates!

Like, there's so much evidence out there that makes this case I find it weird that pollsters don't try to fix it.

I don't think that's a good idea, would introduce too much bias from the pollster into the results.

Would be good for my stomachaches though.

Diablos

You know, I realize this goes without saying but doesn't it just make your blood boil knowing the media can obsess over these EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS COMEY EMAILS and no one even knows what the fuck they really are, but there are stories coming about Trump raping a young teenager. No one knows what the fuck really happened but it's a serious claim to make and yet, no one is covering it. But okay let's go back to emails

Such a liberal media we have let me tell you

Debirudog

Honestly, I'm feeling more sympathetic for Comey now that we know about that rogue Breitbart-loving, Hillary-hating faction within the FBI.

Maybe that's why Obama chose him? He knew there were some troublesome factions within the FBI and he put Comey in charge in order to calm them down?

Nah, should've picked an unapologetic liberal to drive these losers out.

Ya, no, I get that. I'm just saying I can't understand how it's a tie with what's in the poll. That's ike a beautiful sample for Trump.

I agree. I was just quoting you to add something else.

I don't think that's a good idea, would introduce too much bias from the pollster into the results.

Would be good for my stomachaches though.

By fix, I don't mean fudge the numbers around. But, this poster is probably right:

More likely, they don't have the time/money to get a response from those undersampled groups. They know the problem, but they also haven't found a solution.

When Brian Williams points out that Melania trying to make cyberbullying an issue doesn't play well because her husband's a notorious Twitter troll, Kellyanne Conway responds by rambling about the evils of the internet for a minute and then stating that saying a Trump presidency can't take on cyberbullying would be like saying that Hillary can't have a DOJ or FBI.

No way she believes most of the shit she says.

With Russia and the FBI and Twitter bots on his side, Trump probably has the strongest SuperPAC and dirt digging team in presidential history.

Making Hillary's likely win as the first major female presidential candidate even more impressive.

Boke1879

Fuck I just looked at my calendar and it's really just hitting me that all this will be over in just a few days.

This weekend will be slow and torturous and, but I'm busy with work so I'll be occupied a bit. I'm off on Monday's so that's going to be hell just waiting for Tuesday to roll around so we can officially end this.

Mizerman

With Russia and the FBI and Twitter bots on his side, Trump probably has the strongest SuperPAC and dirt digging team in presidential history.

Making Hillary's likely win as the first major female presidential candidate even more impressive.

If this was made into a movie, it would probably get a 3% on Rotten Tomatoes for being "unrealistic."

Well that's a dumb idea. When you have extremists you don't placate them, you kick them out.

?

How does that gel with Comey's ridiculous behavior

Trying to placate the crazy faction inside the FBI that wants blood. The thing about Comey is that for all his faults he really doesn't come across as some one in bed with the alt right especially considering his time during the Bush years.

It seems like he is just far in over his head. He needs to go though.

Aaron

You know, I realize this goes without saying but doesn't it just make your blood boil knowing the media can obsess over these EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS COMEY EMAILS and no one even knows what the fuck they really are, but there are stories coming about Trump raping a young teenager. No one knows what the fuck really happened but it's a serious claim to make and yet, no one is covering it. But okay let's go back to emails

Such a liberal media we have let me tell you
Republicans already know Trump is a horrible person and are voting for him anyway because they themselves are horrible people. I mean the GOP have never been subtle, but this election they have gone out of their way to be racist, sexist, xenophobic... etc. If you're still willing to hitch yourself to that wagon, you know the ride you're in for. We just have to accept that there's a whole lot of dumb assholes in the US.

Joeytj

Banned
Well that's a dumb idea. When you have extremists you don't placate them, you kick them out.

Honestly tho, that was Obama's modus operandi during his 8 years... frustratingly trying to appease his enemies when nobody asked him to or expects him to. I mean, I get that it helped him with the American people, so he can later say "see? I tried!", but I still don't think that was the best move.

TI82

Banned
Honestly tho, that was Obama's modus operandi during his 8 years... frustratingly trying to appease his enemies when nobody asked him to or expects him to. I mean, I get that it helped him with the American people, so he can later say "see? I tried!", but I still don't think that was the best move.

He stopped in the second term, and got a lot more done it feels like

Barzul

Hilary's advantage over Obama is that she sees Republicans for what they are. They can't be reasoned in a normal fashion like Obama tried to do. Heck they spent the 90's attempting to destroy her and her family and are doing it again. She needs to go gloves up imo, so she can point to actual achievements when reelection comes around. God I hope she wins.

Joeytj

Banned
*Crossposting from the last page*

Ah, guys, didn't see this posted here. It came out a few hours ago.

National, Reuters/Ipsos Poll 10/29-11/2

Clinton 45% (+8)
Trump 37
Johnson 5
Stein 2

H2H:
Clinton 45% (+6)
Trump 39
https://twitter.com/reuterspolitics/status/793951164597497856 …

Judging by the H2H, Hillary spooked some undecideds and indies with that email thing, but they still prefer Johnson and Stein to Trump.

But that +8 spread in the 4-way is good news.

Jombie

Clinton 45% (+8)
Trump 37
Johnson 5
Stein 2

H2H:
Clinton 45% (+6)
Trump 39

3be.jpg

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I will also say, in that NH poll, the weighted numbers were really all over the place. Somehow, they completely tanked the under 30 vote, they increased the number of people 65+ by 10 points, and college educated people were way under sampled.

If that was the case, I can't see how they're tied.
This is why they should contact me!

Republicans already know Trump is a horrible person and are voting for him anyway because they themselves are horrible people. I mean the GOP have never been subtle, but this election they have gone out of their way to be racist, sexist, xenophobic... etc. If you're still willing to hitch yourself to that wagon, you know the ride you're in for. We just have to accept that there's a whole lot of dumb assholes in the US.

Well Fox News brain washes those dumb assholes into thinking Hillary is the devil, while claiming to be fair and balanced. They are guilty.

rokkerkory

Clinton 45% (+8)
Trump 37
Johnson 5
Stein 2

H2H:
Clinton 45% (+6)
Trump 39

Judging by the H2H, Hillary spooked some undecideds and indies with that email thing, but they still prefer Johnson and Stein to Trump.

Yessssssssssss hrc

wutwutwut

Clinton 45% (+8)
Trump 37
Johnson 5
Stein 2

H2H:
Clinton 45% (+6)
Trump 39

This will cause Clinton's chances to drop half a point on 538 won't it.

Clinton 45% (+8)
Trump 37
Johnson 5
Stein 2

H2H:
Clinton 45% (+6)
Trump 39

That came out yesterday actually.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The CIA are assholes, but they're intelligent assholes who want structure and a clear plan of what's going to happen.

The FBI are just your normal garden variety authoritarian cops who are just a tad smarter than the rest.

The CIA are also regular massive fuckups. Not exactly sure they are better than the FBI.

Clinton 45% (+8)
Trump 37
Johnson 5
Stein 2

H2H:
Clinton 45% (+6)
Trump 39

Rigged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom