• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TI82

Banned
Do live interview polls ever start the call by offering people like three dollars for answering the polls?

I've been polled twice so far this election and they just asked how likely I am to vote for each candidate and how much certain issues matter to me and then general statistic info like my age gender etc

*Crossposting from the last page*

Ah, guys, didn't see this posted here. It came out a few hours ago.

National, Reuters/Ipsos Poll 10/29-11/2

Clinton 45% (+8)
Trump 37
Johnson 5
Stein 2

H2H:
Clinton 45% (+6)
Trump 39
https://twitter.com/reuterspolitics/status/793951164597497856 …

Judging by the H2H, Hillary spooked some undecideds and indies with that email thing, but they still prefer Johnson and Stein to Trump.

But that +8 spread in the 4-way is good news.

You know I can't sleep after this much hopium..

I'm just saying, if lots of embarrassed voters who will vote but don't want to take polls during a controversy exist, paying them to take the poll could cause that bias to be eliminated.

sazzy

this is a nice pic

Rl7gaI.png

I'm doing it a bit early, but I just culled my political podcast feeds. It's nice getting ride of half a dozen or more podcasts accumulated over the last 18 months or so....

Also, I just realized that my Decode DC feed hadn't updated in forever. I guess they changed things.

I unfortunately do not have very much time to read back through this thread because of work but can you guys just tell me if I should be worried or not? Need to know how much Xanax I need to take with me.

pigeon

Banned
I unfortunately do not have very much time to read back through this thread because of work but can you guys just tell me if I should be worried or not? Need to know how much Xanax I need to take with me.

Do you have any time to volunteer or money you could donate?

If so, yes, you should be very worried.

mo60

I'm just saying, if lots of embarrassed voters who will vote but don't want to take polls during a controversy exist, paying them to take the poll could cause that bias to be eliminated.

Or it could be people's reposne rate going down because they already voted and don't want to answer polls anymore.

Emarv

I'm doing it a bit early, but I just culled my political podcast feeds. It's nice getting ride of half a dozen or more podcasts accumulated over the last 18 months or so....

Also, I just realized that my Decode DC feed hadn't updated in forever. I guess they changed things.
I'm honestly looking forward to the day when I do this. Which if I'm being realistic will either be Inauguration Day or, more likely, never.

I found this while looking at #NeverTrumpers on Twitter whine about how all us liberals were so mean to Romney so Trump is all our fault.

Basically one reason why we're seeing a lot of supposed Sanders/Trump voters is basically nerds on the Internet are the one group who really tend to lean that way.

https://intelligence.slice.com/shop...-provides-new-insights-presidential-election/

CwSc29VUcAAtAbh.jpg:small

That's an awesome graphic. Surprised by a few, most are what I expected.

REI, Loft, and Modcloth about what I expected

Steam and Gamestop too

Samsung has me confused though

Joeytj

Banned
That's an awesome graphic. Surprised by a few, most are what I expected.

REI, Loft, and Modcloth about what I expected

Steam and Gamestop too

Samsung has me confused though

Does it? I mean, a big share of Samsung users are typical anti-establishment (Apple) types, so yeah.

Hmm that NBC article about election day cyber-attack preparations seems a bit fear-mongerery. I can't imagine that Russia would intentionally escalate to things like "a cyber-attack that shuts down part of the power grid" as they suggest. I mean they even admit in the article that the intelligence community expects misinformation/trolling on social media more than anything else. I guess the fact that we even have to consider the possibility and prepare for it is unprecedented.

Samsung is cheap and trash.

Does it? I mean, a big share of Samsung users are typical anti-establishment (Apple) types, so yeah.

Well, Samsung is overpriced plasticky chromed crap, but I would think that it crosses most political barriers since everyone buys junk electronics with bells and whistles noone needs. Just interesting to see their shoppers lean Trump after playing footsie with Bernie

jonjonaug

Liberals have every right to be mean to Romney. Trump just makes him look nicer in comparison.

Remember the good old days where a predatory businessman who couldn't relate to lower class concerns, lied a bunch during debates regarding his own previous positions, and immediately exploited the Benghazi attacks for his own political benefit was all we had to worry about?

I mean, Romney was bad, but at worst he just would've been a typical center-right but fairly competent President along the lines of Bush 1. We wouldn't have made nearly as much progress socially in the last four years, but it wouldn't have been the end of the world either. I would've just sighed and moved on.

Trump though...yeah.

Remember the good old days where a predatory businessman who couldn't relate to lower class concerns, lied a bunch during debates regarding his own previous positions, and immediately exploited the Benghazi attacks for his own political benefit was all we had to worry about?

I mean, Romney was bad, but at worst he just would've been a typical center-right but fairly competent President along the lines of Bush 1. We wouldn't have made nearly as much progress socially in the last four years, but it wouldn't have been the end of the world either. I would've just sighed and moved on.

Trump though...yeah.

I don't buy this. Romney's plan was to replace Medicare with a voucher system. Trump is more dangerous temperamentally but on a policy level let's stop acting like the Republicans were ever a "safe" choice in any way.

I can't believe with all the bullshit Trump has done he still might only do 2-3 percent worse than the regular Republican nominee they usually put up.

I can't believe with all the bullshit Trump has done he still might only do 2-3 percent worse than the regular Republican nominee they usually put up.

I mean, it's not that surprising to me that 40-45% of Americans are either white nationalists, sociopathic Ayn Rand fanatics (hi Speaker Ryan!) , religious fundamentalists, or well, idiots.

It's really disappointing on CNN hearing black turnout is down from 2012.

I don't understand what they're basing this on. I see no evidence presented that conclusively shows this.

It's possible that both black turnout is up and their share of the early voting electorate drops...

I'm honestly looking forward to the day when I do this. Which if I'm being realistic will either be Inauguration Day or, more likely, never.

You really should. Best thing I did was day after the election in 2012 was delete Meet the Press, Face the Nation, This Week, and a bunch of other stuff. Even in election season they are bad and kind of useless, but especially in the off years. And, I'd include masturbatory stuff like Keeping it 1600, because they just reinforce a liberal bubble. It's cathartic to shed this stuff every few years and then get back into things when elections ramp up.

I don't understand what they're basing this on. I see no evidence presented that conclusively shows this.

It's possible that both black turnout is up and their share of the early voting electorate drops...

They showed some early voting numbers that were lower compared to where they were in 2012. Also early Republican turnout higher than 2012.

So I got my 2017 ACA plan rate change info in the mail today. My plan's monthly rate is going up 68.3%. I have already voted, but I wonder how getting these statements in the mail will effect how people vote on Tuesday. Trump getting rid of this no longer affordable Affordable Care Act seems like a good idea now. Beginning in January, AFA will no longer be affordable for me :(

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Just saw this article on how Republicans pulled funding for New Hampshire Congressional District 1.

If Hassan can pull off a win too I'll be represented entirely by Democratic women in Washington (HRC/Hassan/Shaheen/Shea-Porter)! Some California people will be able to say the same thing. If not, all women at least! If Kuster wins as she's expected to, it could be the entire state.

Joeytj

Banned
They showed some early voting numbers that were lower compared to where they were in 2012. Also early Republican turnout higher than 2012.

They are cherry picking data for the horserace narrative. Dem turnout is higher than Rs in Nevada and even FL right now, and so it is in AZ.

kevin1025

Banned
It's really disappointing on CNN hearing black turnout is down from 2012.

If I'm not mistaken, that was in North Carolina specifically. Mark Preston mysteriously left out that it was that specific state in his explanation, but it said North Carolina on the stat graphic he was talking about.

So, no real evidence then? Because those numbers are two days old and things have since changed.

Reliable GOP voters on election day are voting more in early voting. This doesn't mean much. It only matters if unrealiable voters are turning out.

Again, I expect the black vote to be down slightly (almost all among millennials) because Obama. But it won't matter much, I think. And will easily be countered by the uptick in hispanic voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom