• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

So I got my 2017 ACA plan rate change info in the mail today. My plan's monthly rate is going up 68.3%. I have already voted, but I wonder how getting these statements in the mail will effect how people vote on Tuesday. Trump getting rid of this no longer affordable Affordable Care Act seems like a good idea now. Beginning in January, AFA will no longer be affordable for me :(

There were no explicit cost controls built into the ACA initially to compromise with Republicans. The only cost control, in the form of non-profit health insurers initially subsidized by the Government through Medicare, had their funding ripped out from under them by Marco Rubio.

Costs were going up YOY prior to the ACA and costs will continually go up indefinitely. It's a really unfortunate situation, that could honestly be an easy, cheap fix if not for the current political obstructionism.

Touchdown

Banned
5 more days y'all

qcqPJ.gif

Trying to placate the crazy faction inside the FBI that wants blood. The thing about Comey is that for all his faults he really doesn't come across as some one in bed with the alt right especially considering his time during the Bush years.

It seems like he is just far in over his head. He needs to go though.

He's done it twice now...

I don't buy that he's just bumblimg his way.

That press conference spoke for itself.

So I got my 2017 ACA plan rate change info in the mail today. My plan's monthly rate is going up 68.3%. I have already voted, but I wonder how getting these statements in the mail will effect how people vote on Tuesday. Trump getting rid of this no longer affordable Affordable Care Act seems like a good idea now. Beginning in January, AFA will no longer be affordable for me :(

I believe for 85% of people, there is no change. For a lot of people, the rates will even go down! It depends where you are. Of course, for those whose rates are going up, it sucks. Of course, repealing it would me either losing insurance or paying a lot more than now for most.

You can also shop for another plan at a lower price.

This is really not going to do much, IMO.

Iolo

In a possible blow to Mr. Trump, two Republican senators up for re-election, Rob Portman of Ohio and Patrick J. Toomey of Pennsylvania, have directed their field organizations to try to turn out groups of voters, like suburban women and college-educated moderates, who are largely hostile to Mr. Trump. In Florida, Senator Marco Rubio’s campaign has taken a similar approach to Hispanic voters, according to several Republicans briefed on the senator’s plans, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss closely guarded field operations.

Had heard Rs were turning out Clinton voters deliberately, nice to see more confirmation.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/04/us/politics/campaign-trump-clinton.html

I believe for 85% of people, there is no change. For a lot of people, the rates will even go down! It depends where you are. Of course, for those whose rates are going up, it sucks. Of course, repealing it would me either losing insurance or paying a lot more than now for most.

You can also shop for another plan at a lower price.

This is really not going to do much, IMO.

Not in Texas. BCBS is one of the last remaining providers on the ACA. The others jumped ship. It's no longer competitive so I guess its not surprising the prices are going up so much.

It's entirely Republicans fault that Obamacare is in a broken state though. They always forget to mention that when saying how horrible it is though.

They are cherry picking data for the horserace narrative. Dem turnout is higher than Rs in Nevada and even FL right now, and so it is in AZ.

If I'm not mistaken, that was in North Carolina specifically. Mark Preston mysteriously left out that it was that specific state in his explanation, but it said North Carolina on the stat graphic he was talking about.

So, no real evidence then? Because those numbers are two days old and things have since changed.

Reliable GOP voters on election day are voting more in early voting. This doesn't mean much. It only matters if unrealiable voters are turning out.

Again, I expect the black vote to be down slightly (almost all among millennials) because Obama. But it won't matter much, I think. And will easily be countered by the uptick in hispanic voters.

So CNN bullshit? Unfortunate they do this to make their own narrative. Then you have Trump supporters on yelling about all the momentum they have.

Maengun1

Just listened to the final Sam Wang podcast before the election. He's still "yeah Hill got this" but talked a bit about all the new voter suppression fuckery the GOP is testing out this year that wasn't going on during 2012 like "yeah there's really no way to tell exactly how fucked up they made things until election day lolz"

So kind of a hopium shot immediately followed by a panic stab to the heart eek :trying to chill:

He really only cares about the Senate results at this point, which I agree with in theory of course but I really don't have the energy to care about the senate that much myself...not with the narrative this last 10 days have taken. I want Hillary to be able to achieve even the barest bits of legislation/appointments of course, but I'll take a totally stonewalled Hillary achieving nothing over orange Hitler nuclear war, you know? My attention will turn to the senate results after the race is called for Hillary.

mo60

Worse? He's poised to do better right now.

He's not going to break 200EV's most likely and he will get below 45% of the vote.He is not going to do better than romney or mccain in terms of the popular vote and he most likely will only do better than Mccain in electoral votes.

Not in Texas. BCBS is one of the last remaining providers on the ACA. The others jumped ship. It's no longer competitive so I guess its not surprising the prices are going up so much.

It's not Texas. It's based on your county. If you live in Dallas, you probably have numerous choices. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt Dallas has only 1 provider. But yes, if you live in a smaller area, you could be kind of screwed in this respect (but it's not why the prices are going up).

But remember, the subsidies are based on income level, not on how much your insurance is. So if you're on a silver plan paying nothing, that won't change even if your rates went up.

I've told myself if hillary wins to not be a sore winner and refrain from rubbing the noses of trump supporters I know in shit but it's going to be tough to not do it. I'll just be so pumped/grateful if she wins

jiggle

I've told myself if hillary wins to not be a sore winner and refrain from rubbing the noses of trump supporters I know in shit but it's going to be tough to not do it. I'll just be so pumped/grateful if she wins
I'm practicing my smirk for the holidays now
Is it too soon?
Cuz I want it to be poifect

Slizeezyc

That's a bummer man. I live in Florida and my last plan was taken away, but there's still 85 plans to choose from. I'm going with a plan that will cost about $2 more per month and give me better benefits than before, but I understand not everyone has many plans to choose from in their area.

I know Florida did get boned by not expanding Medicaid multiple times though.

Totally OT, but how does transition from Junior to Member work around here? Is it based on time-frame or comment count without being banned?

Just noticed I was no longer a Junior tonight.

I'm a very good sport, and look down on those who do that ridiculous obnoxious celebrating in other people's faces...

BUT

You bet your sweet ass I'm doing it if/when Hillary wins. This election has made me feel gross, and I'm ready to unload on the trash people that made a Trump presidency as close to happening as it is.

TheCrow

I have 1 co-worker who openly supports trump. I need to find the perfect picture to email him when she wins. Nothing over the top but just enough to rub it in.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Asked this earlier but who are we betting get the oppo bomb dropped on the tomorrow. Friday before the election there has to be a huge bomb out there. I'm hoping it's a nuke against Donnie.

Please encourage people on your social media to vote early. If they do in the next couple of days, the ground operation will have that data and won't waste time canvassing or calling them early next week. This lets them increase their effectiveness by focusing on those who's vote is less certain.

TheFatOne

Asked this earlier but who are we betting get the oppo bomb dropped on the tomorrow. Friday before the election there has to be a huge bomb out there. I'm hoping it's a nuke against Donnie.
No one. It would have been dropped already. Might get something like last week that doesn't do much but drives the narrative for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom