• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hngggggg.

For reference, Ralston said a 50k firewall would probably be enough if we tied in Washoe.

We're at 60k with one more day to go, and we still have a 1000 lead in Washoe (in 2012, we were behind there by 500 votes or so)
What if they are all shy Trump fans who aren't being captured... due to nonresponse bias leading to systemic polling error.

Grief.exe

Should have ordered the NYT on Tuesday

top.png

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I found this while looking at #NeverTrumpers on Twitter whine about how all us liberals were so mean to Romney so Trump is all our fault.

Basically one reason why we're seeing a lot of supposed Sanders/Trump voters is basically nerds on the Internet are the one group who really tend to lean that way.

https://intelligence.slice.com/shop...-provides-new-insights-presidential-election/

CwSc29VUcAAtAbh.jpg:small
Did they just find a chart of customers plotted by gender on the x axis and age on the y axis and pass it off as a Hillary vs Trump/Sanders chart?

Asked this earlier but who are we betting get the oppo bomb dropped on the tomorrow. Friday before the election there has to be a huge bomb out there. I'm hoping it's a nuke against Donnie.

If there is anything it would drop by tomorrow at the latest. For everything I heard about Hillary's oppo team being so good, we still don't have those apprentice tapes on Donald. Also nothing on mistresses after marrying Melania.

I don't know about her organization and how much of it is Obama people but her high level staff seem pretty weak to be honest. Would you rather have Plouffe, Axelrod, and Gibbs or Podesta, Abedin, and Mook? Mook seems like a pretty solid guy but the others are awful.

Ophelion

I don't know about her organization and how much of it is Obama people but her high level staff seem pretty weak to be honest. Would you rather have Plouffe, Axelrod, and Gibbs or Podesta, Abedin, and Mook? Mook seems like a pretty solid guy but the others are awful.

Well, it's kind of hard to say. Their participation has possibly been detrimental on an emails related basis alone, but it's hard to say if they are good or bad at their jobs outside of that. I feel that the campaign has handled itself mostly competently. It's just this election season has been such a shitstorm.

I do love me some Plouffe though...that guy's tweets are the cure for Diablosing.

You only know about Podesta because of the leak. You probably would've thought the same about Axelrod and Plouffe if the same thing happened to them.

I must be misreading this. It almost looks like you are saying that Podesta is awful.

pigeon

Banned

Literally after Hillary lost the primary in 2008 they had a bunch of postmortem leaks where they explained that Hillary's staff were terrible and constantly bickering and that's why she lost. It was the main criticism of Hillary's 2008 campaign.

This is like Plinko-level analysis of political operatives, cmon.

Joeytj

Banned

Podesta is top notch too, but not very public, like Plouffe or Axelrod were. And the leaks exposed him in ways it didn't happen to Axelrod. Just look at what Axelrod tweets all the time and one can guess the emails he must've written. Abedin isn't really managing staff, even if she has the "Vice Chair" title.

Joel Benenson, Chief strategist and pollster, is an Obama veteran also.

In fact, almost all of them have experience in both Obama campaigns and more.

Maengun1

Btw my brother and sister-in-law told me today they're officially going to be voting for Hillary, after voting for Kasich in the primary and waffling all year since then. They have always hated Trump but didn't want to vote for Hillary either.

So that's +2 for her from non Dems in Michigan :)

The numbers in this NYT poll....

Yikes.

85% of Trump supporters think that voter fraud happens sometimes to a lot, as opposed to not much or not at all (i.e. reality).

38% think that votes won't be counted properly.

Only 63% will accept the results if Trump loses.

TI82

Banned

Yikes.

85% of Trump supporters think that voter fraud happens sometimes to a lot, as opposed to not much or not at all (i.e. reality).

They support trump so we already know they aren't rational

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
They support trump so we already know they aren't rational

Well yeah, but this is greater than the 27% of the country I write off as irredeemable.
These are numbers show the country is really on shaky ground right now, basically created by the GOP in an escalating fashion where facts no longer matter.

TI82

Banned
Well yeah, but this is greater than the 27% of the country I write off as irredeemable.
These are numbers show the country is really on shaky ground right now, basically created by the GOP in an escalating fashion where facts no longer matter.

I'm not disagreeing with you. GOP leadership needs to control their people before they try and revolt. Ive already heard too much succession talk from my peers

Podesta strikes me as more of an oddball that's good at his job.

He may be an oddball, but he's been an effective and loyal surrogate and campaign boss for the Clintons, for a long time.

For better or worse, the Clintons prize loyalty, and reciprocate. It's a dangerous, but endearing quality in politics.

He may be an oddball, but he's been an effective and loyal surrogate and campaign boss for the Clintons, for a long time.

For better or worse, the Clintons prize loyalty, and reciprocate. It's a dangerous, but endearing quality in politics.

There was also a reason that Obama brought him on during his transition team. He's solid.

Yikes.

numbskulls. its not even an insult to call your average Trump voter stupid because it is pretty much factually proven at this point.
85%!!?? 63%!!?? there's no way there won't be some extra dramatic fallout when he lose. it'll probably still be nothing but it'll be more outrage than we normally get.

these people think the country is hijacked or some shit. and its not his fringe supporters that believe it, which is the scariest/depressing part.

Rubenov

numbskulls. its not even an insult to call your average Trump voter stupid because it is pretty much factually proven at this point.
85%!!?? 63%!!?? there's no way there won't be some extra dramatic fallout when he lose. it'll probably still be nothing but it'll more outrage than we normally get.

I dunno. They are your coworkers, friends, family. There must be something else there we can't see from our point of view.

sazzy

Mook says they expect to win FL, NV, NC, in a conference call on Thursday, primarily due to large Hispanic turnout.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/04/us/politics/campaign-trump-clinton.html

The superiority of Mrs. Clinton’s ground operation was in evidence in Chapel Hill, N.C., where Mr. Obama campaigned for her on Wednesday, and in nearby Durham, at Duke University. Mrs. Clinton’s campaign had a white shuttle van bedecked with Clinton signs idling in the traffic circle outside the student center, ready to ferry voters a mile and a half to an early voting center. Volunteers walked around the Gothic-style campus alerting students to the shuttle’s availability.

“Every day the last three weeks, at least two people each day have asked me if I’m registered to vote,” said Jeffrey Ho, a senior, adding that he used the shuttle to vote for Mrs. Clinton on Tuesday.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Well actually only the 85% who think voter fraud happens "a lot" or "sometimes" is a figure higher than 27% of the broader population. I don't think this is revealing anything new, it was always obvious Trump was going to convince the deplorables of conspiratorial rigging. I don't think those numbers are surprising at all, for better or worse.

I'd say one of the noteworthy numbers in that poll is that only 39% of Republican voters believe Trump has been good for their party, compared to 41% who believe it's been bad.

Ophelion

I dunno. They are your coworkers, friends, family. There must be something else there we can't see from our point of view.

Conservatives have been sinking ever-deeper into echo chambers of lies, paranoia, conspiracy theory and sensationalism for decades.

It's like Obama said, if I listened to everything their specially calibrated media says about him, I wouldn't have wanted to vote for him either.

Two versions, maybe three of reality are being presented with any given situation, built specifically to enrage and galvanize the intended audience against their enemies. That can only last for so long before things break down completely. There are young conservatives now who grew up with Fox News. Like, Millenial Conservatives at this point might not know a world without it. Think about what that has to have done to their culture. Even before it, my dad went totally nutters when he started going to Drudge way back in the day.

The poison's been in their veins so long even the old ones don't remember a time when they didn't feel sick. Source: raised by an old conservative.

is Hillary's ground game good as Obama's?
Yes, and probably better if anything.

The extent to which turnout might be lower (in some pockets of the country among some demographics) is just people not being as jazzed about Hillary the candidate versus Obama.

See 2012 as a trial run for 2016, and 2016 for 2020 and onward until there's some sort of shift that forces Democrats to modify their strategy.

I've said this before but I think 2012 is probably the most significant election in recent years in determining the course of American politics. Moreso than 2008 which any competent Democrat would have won bigly (Hillary or scandal-free Edwards probably both winning 300+ EVs) because 2012 was essentially a reset button on the electoral college. In past elections it came down to Ohio and Florida, now we're looking more at Colorado and Virginia.

Steve Schale said by Sunday night they expect 70% of total vote in FL to be already cast.

That's not news. I read that a couple of days ago, that they used a special program to look through the emails and see what's relevant and what's not.

You really think this needs a custom software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom