• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Systematic polling error incoming.

*shrugs* Still confident and hopeful here. I'm riding this wave all the way until Tuesday night.
Sure, but this time last week you would have been way more aggressive in defending your confidence and hopefulness. It's not because of your opinions but rather the general mood over the past few days. I feel like last week was a different reality politically speaking

But like why do they keep saying this? He demonstrably did not upend it. Can people not even rewrite the stories they wrote a week ago?
To make the race look closer. The problem is that they keep insisting this. It's just a bad look. By not paying attention to the fact that Comey did little to nothing they're pushing manufactured narratives that can impact the election. It's ridiculous, it amplifies peoples fears or hopes depending on what side you're on

I think you have an uncanny ability to say things and the exact opposite is true :p

And yes, I do think Hassan and Ayotte will operate independently of the top of the ticker, as they've done all year, because they're Hassan and Ayotte.

Yes, they will operate independently to an extent. After that we need voters who are turning out for Hillary to vote straight ticket and get Hassan over the finish line.

Sure, but this time last week you would have been way more aggressive in defending your confidence and hopefulness. It's not because of your opinions but rather the general mood over the past few days. I feel like last week was a different reality politically speaking
You're wrong actually. I am still on the Texas train. Still feel she will outperform numbers. Still think the race was as set as it was last week. You should see me in the discord. I haven't faltered at all since debate #1.

I'm not aggressive with it today because I am not trying to convince others, especially not people that likely won't be convinced anyway.

Gorger

Let's take another look at how Europe (Scandinavia, England, Germany, France) currently views the two candidates.

How%20good%20Clinton%20Trump-01.png

Clinton%20v%20Trump%20emotions-01.png

Source:
https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/10/27/europeans-trump-would-be-terrible-president-clinto/

How bad would we be with 50/50? Who determines if we hold hearings on an even split like that? Because I'm sure there are some Republican Senators who would be willing to vote for things.

Maledict

How bad would we be with 50/50? Who determines if we hold hearings on an even split like that? Because I'm sure there are some Republican Senators who would be willing to vote for things.

Democratis hold the senate if its 50/50 and Hillary wins. The VP gets to cast the deciding vote.

Means Tim Kaine will be in the senate a lot more than he planned on being!

Pixieking

Banned
He was joking fam

I realllllly hope we can get 51/49 but NH tightening might stop that

SCOTUS needs to be packed with liberal justices if it's 50/50 by fall of next year. Ginsburg, Breyer, Kennedy need to step down

Hahah... I legit can't tell anymore, sorry. :) The sarcasm/bedwetting/"I haven't been paying attention what's going on?" hit a peak a few days ago, and I've lost all sense of anything.

effzee

Was at the live taping of Keeping it 1600 last night at Drew University in NJ.

Great time and reassuring for ppl panicking.

Diablos

Ah, I really would if I could - I'm a British citizen in the Middle East. :( I genuinely hope I'm in the US in 4 years time, though, because I'd get out and volunteer for Hillary so fast.
Fill out two phony ballots and send them to Ohio's Secy. of State with a note saying you did this because Trump said to on television.

Tracking poll round up:

IBD
Clinton 44
Trump 44
Johnson 4
Stein 2

ABC
Clinton 47
Trump 44
Johnson 3
Stein 2

LATimes
Trump 47
Clinton 43.5~ (She jumped 2 points today)

Diablos

Tracking polls... I feel like they all suck

Not sure if it's because of my own bias or if it's because they really do suck

I know the LA Times one is bogus for sure

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Only state that really worries me about flipping is Michigan. I know, I know, polling aggregates. I'll still worry until the moment it is called for Hillary. That state and its electorate has disappointed me so much over the last few years and the polling was awful in the primaries.

Yes, she'll probably win. Just don't have faith in Michigan to do the right thing sometimes.

Diablos

Only state that really worries me about flipping is Michigan. I know, I know, polling aggregates. I'll still worry until the moment it is called for Hillary. That state and its electorate has disappointed me so much over the last few years and the polling was awful in the primaries.
PhoenixDark will be the deciding vote. Michigan = Midwestern Trumpland.

@JohnJHarwood: Trump strategist at last weekend: "MI/PA/WI break our hearts. We win OH/NC/IA; NH/FL toss-up. We win those, LONG night waiting for NV/CO/AZ"

oh no they don't realize they've already lost NV and CO and possibly NC.

We'll win Iowa. Have faith.

Just for fun, remember six years ago when this Senate class was up and fucking California and Washington were tossups? Good times, and by good times I mean everything sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom