• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/header-goes-here/2301397

Democratic strategist Steve Schale, who directed Obama's first successful Florida campaign in 2008, said the intensity of early voting, diversity of Florida's electorate, the fact that women are outvoting men by 55 percent to 45 percent and the Hispanic turnout in the I-4 corridor are all markers that point to a Clinton victory in Florida. In Jacksonville on Thursday, Schale had a private meeting with the president and told him Clinton will carry Florida, just as he correctly predicted an Obama win eight years ago.

"I told him, 'It's not like she's going to win by a ton, but it's trending in a place where she wins,'" said Schale, who expects Clinton to prevail by 1 to 2 percentage points. He said Democrats lagging Republicans up until now in total votes cast has its advantages: "I don't mind being down. Being down is a huge motivator."

sazzy

IawvJzy.jpg

Droppo that oppo!
Droppo that oppo!
Droppo that oppo!

did someone say....

KWVzq2.jpg

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. Do I need to take that too, or just my ID?

I hope you realize how counterproductive it is to vote for progressive state legislature but leave the presidency to chance when there is a possibility of a fascist being elected. The two go hand in hand.

You will vote for marijuana at the state level? Fucking LOL. If Trump were president he'd probably outright ban it.

Think about the shit you're saying. FFS.

I thought about staying home, but I wanna vote for medical weed and against Little Marco and that amendment 1, so won't do that. I can't promise I'll vote for her, sorry.

Really frustrating to see people dangle their vote in front of those who will suffer greatly from the alternative, which is Trump. Almost as if they want me to beg them to help us from a madman.

To speak like that is to either not know what a Trump presidency would mean for minorities and women, or is to not care one way or the other. Either way it's a bad look.

Kusagari

I mean Hillary is likely up by an enormous amount right now in FL.

Just looking at the D/R numbers isn't representing the huge increase in Independents, which is fueled by Puerto Ricans most certainly voting for Hill.

It's wise to remember that FL is one of the few states, because of a large number of Hispanic NPA's, that has Independents consistently vote D.

TI82

Banned
Really frustrating to see people dangle their vote in front of those who will suffer greatly from the alternative, which is Trump. Almost as if they want me to beg them to help us from a madman.

To speak like that is to either not know what a Trump presidency would mean for minorities and women, or is to not care one way or the other. Either way it's a bad look.

Yep, its like one of his few endorsements being the KKK isn't enough to let people know what he's all about.

That year he met a fellow student, Anne Holton, who shared his commitment to social justice. She began spending more time at the house and bringing over cookies. Tim was the last to understand where their relationship was heading. We would have told him earlier but we didn’t want Anne to stop baking.

The most Tim Kaine thing ever.

I'm not asking anything of anyone except to let me know what I need to take in order to vote. Apparently that's too much to ask as people are more worried about swaying me to vote for Clinton. I was actually pretty convinced I was gonna vote for her until recent events. She's a tad better than Trump, for sure, but I'm not sure I want to vote for her. I might still end up doing it as I will have time to think and ponder. I just wanna know what I need to take in order to vote.

In my experience in Florida you should have both your voter registration card and your ID. Just vote for Clinton for more liberals in the Supreme Court. This shit ain't rocket science.

Thanks. I will take both.

I'm not asking anything of anyone except to let me know what I need to take in order to vote. Apparently that's too much to ask as people are more worried about swaying me to vote for Clinton. I was actually pretty convinced I was gonna vote for her until recent events. She's a tad better than Trump, for sure, but I'm not sure I want to vote for her. I might still end up doing it as I will have time to think and ponder. I just wanna know what I need to take in order to vote.

Yes people are worried about people in swing states not voting for Clinton because Trump is a legitimate threat to our democracy

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member

It is too much to ask when you are contradictory in your values and how you go about achieving those values. Accept the criticism because to not know if you're voting Hillary at this stage is idiotic. Get used to hearing it. Perhaps you should stop ignoring people who are more reasonable than you, you could learn a thing or two.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I don't know what direction Michigan is going in, but Hillary got my vote via absentee ballot a few weeks ago.

I can tell you anecdotally that I know as many people planning to vote Trump as Clinton and those Trump voters aren't the demographics you'd think. I talking pretty highly educated people, University of Michigan educated with Masters degrees. Age range is 35-65. Not hurting financially at all, never been unemployed. A few of them are even people who voted for Obama. Their votes seem to be more antiestablishment than pro Trump from conversations I've had. This is all to say I have no idea what the electorate is going to do in this state.

As I have said for months: Michigan is bizarre. It has a weird electorate and is trending red. Polling was weird in the primary because the electorate is weird. Assume nothing about that state.

Thanks. I will take both.

You're being pretty disingenuous. If all you wanted to know is what you needed to bring, you wouldn't have mentioned your votes at all. You're doing it again in the bolded.

Claude Taylor ‏@TrueFactsStated 1m1 minute ago Florida, USA
It's not clear if the prostitutes in the video having sex with Trump are under age or not.

Claude Taylor ‏@TrueFactsStated 4m4 minutes ago Florida, USA
Trump has coerced many women who's abortions he's paid for into signing Non Disclosure Agreements. Media is talking to them.

I mean is this just the left's version of Alex Jones saying this shit or is this in any way credible?

Russian blackmail - Kompromat - has been confirmed to exist by Mother Jones and Newsweek, at least.

Abortions is a new thing, and no confirmation. Looks like the women signed a NDA so the legal issue needs to be sorted out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom