• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futureman

House(s) near where I live..

YueADy5l.jpg

sazzy

NAACPVerified account
‏@NAACP
If someone tries to stop you from voting, take their picture and call 1-866-OUR-VOTE. Lawyers will be ready.

Save this number in your cellphones now; text it to your friends/family members as well.

Video:
"But Hair Mouse... they're just children. I can't have sex with underage prositutes."

If they are too young to consent, Donald, they are too young to refuse. Celebrate their flesh, Donald, it is rude to refuse gifts. Do not be such a hesitant creature, it is boyish and petulant.

Putin undoes his velvet housecoat. "Who are you talking to?"

"My conscience..." says Donald.

The video cuts to static.

Parshias7

Yesterday I learned that the condo association I'm moving to has its own precinct and does voting on the premises. But I'm not moving there until the end of the month so I'll have to do my voting on Tuesday with the unwashed masses. Sad!

Gattsu25

Banned
This SEPTA strike is getting annoying. I hope these union people know that if they cause havoc they're increasing the chance of trump getting elected and destroying their little union.

Yeah, someone brought that up to me yesterday. It would be funny if the stakes weren't so high.

The abortion thing would be far bigger in terms of electoral impact.

It would also be the ultimate test to see how full of shit religious right "values voters" are.

Gattsu25

Banned
Great! Comey for the demoralization narrative, Al Qaeda for the fear narrative!

I thought SEPTA was pausing the strike on Election Day?

Not guaranteed: http://www.fox29.com/news/local-news/215477231-story

Yesterday, SEPTA officials asked for assurances from the city's striking transit union that it will suspend its walkout on Election Day if no contract agreement is reached by then.

SEPTA pushes strikers to work on Election Day, strike enters day four.

Without that promise, the agency said, it will go to court to try to force transit employees to work on Nov. 8.

The head of the Transport Workers Union local called the request "not helpful" and said the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority should focus instead on reaching a settlement as the strike entered its third day.

Democratic city leaders are worried that if the city's buses, trolleys and subways remain idle through Election Day, some voters won't get to the polls because of having to spend so much time getting to and from work.

Pennsylvania is a battleground state, and the vote in overwhelmingly Democratic Philadelphia is critically important to Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton as she battles Republican Donald Trump.​

Yesterday, SEPTA officials asked for assurances from the city's striking transit union that it will suspend its walkout on Election Day if no contract agreement is reached by then.

Without that promise, the agency said, it will go to court to try to force transit employees to work on Nov. 8.

The head of the Transport Workers Union local called the request "not helpful" and said the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority should focus instead on reaching a settlement as the strike entered its third day.

Democratic city leaders are worried that if the city's buses, trolleys and subways remain idle through Election Day, some voters won't get to the polls because of having to spend so much time getting to and from work.

Pennsylvania is a battleground state, and the vote in overwhelmingly Democratic Philadelphia is critically important to Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton as she battles Republican Donald Trump.​

The union is just using the threat of election day as a bargaining tactic.

Public sector unions are the worst.

This is why unions are so unpopular

Also lol it's a dead heat in surrogates! Might as well add Adam for Clinton because he probbaly likes her more than half the people on that list like Trump.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Also, why campaigning in Michigan but not Wisconsin? Aren't they a lot further behind there?

Recent poll had Trump down 3 in Michigan (along with a bizarre long-term poll that had him down like 20) and down 6 in Wisconsin. Plus, Michigan was a trainwreck for polling in the primary. They know they need to flip it.

Futureman

Just reading this Newsweek article on Trump's relationship to Russia and my eyebrows raised at this part...

Both Trump and Clinton were monitored by Russian intelligence during their visits to Moscow over the years, according to American and European intelligence sources, in hopes of gathering kompromat—compromising material about a politician or public figure.

so Russian oppo is kompro??

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...ary-clinton-united-states-europe-516895?rx=us

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
John Harwood Verified account
‏@JohnJHarwood

with WH race closer, ace House analyst @Redistrict lowers top-end projection of Dem House gains to 15 from 20. (Dems need 30 for majority)

Still suprised at anyone who thought a democratic House was a thing this year.

kess

I find it hilarious that Reeeeeel Cleeeeeear Politics is relevant in 2016. There must be some kind of formula that adds just the right amount of Drudgesque graphic design to attract Facebook Dads.

Barzul

Jon Ralston ‏@RalstonReports
State of play in NV:
Dems build Clark firewall to 61K.
Trump path very narrow here. Needs HUGE Tuesday GOP turnout.

Feeling more and more confident about Florida by the day:

Michael McDonald ‏@ElectProject 6m minutes ago
In 2012, FL Dems were +2.7 points or 76,873 votes over Reps at this same point in time, now Reps +0.03% or 1,833 votes

Michael McDonald ‏@ElectProject 4m4 minutes ago
What makes 2012 FL comparison difficult is change in law that has increased early voting, up 2.4 Million votes at same time in 2012 (+81.8%)

Michael McDonald ‏@ElectProject 3m3 minutes ago
FL turnout is not going to be up 2.4 Million votes over 2012, so some Election Day voters (where Reps win in past) converted to early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom