• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nairume

Banned
Not guaranteed: http://www.fox29.com/news/local-news/215477231-story

Yesterday, SEPTA officials asked for assurances from the city's striking transit union that it will suspend its walkout on Election Day if no contract agreement is reached by then.

SEPTA pushes strikers to work on Election Day, strike enters day four.

Without that promise, the agency said, it will go to court to try to force transit employees to work on Nov. 8.

The head of the Transport Workers Union local called the request "not helpful" and said the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority should focus instead on reaching a settlement as the strike entered its third day.

Democratic city leaders are worried that if the city's buses, trolleys and subways remain idle through Election Day, some voters won't get to the polls because of having to spend so much time getting to and from work.

Pennsylvania is a battleground state, and the vote in overwhelmingly Democratic Philadelphia is critically important to Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton as she battles Republican Donald Trump.​
It's not guaranteed but the union isn't stupid. They clearly know Trump getting in to office is basically begging to have them be the next PATCO if the strike isn't settled by January.

Futureman

and a Photoshop I spent 20 minutes on this morning...

qiodweGl.jpg

Looks like Rep. Beto O'Rourke is going to run against Ted Cruz in '18. He's a massive long shot but has enough of a name to hopefully keep some of the momentum we've seen this year going.

Pastry

Banned
Looks like Rep. Beto O'Rourke is going to run against Ted Cruz in '18. He's a massive long shot but has enough of a name to hopefully keep some of the momentum we've seen this year going.

I have seen some rumors in the local paper that Julian Castro will be running against him, he'd have a much better chance at winning.

I suppose of you're going to liken people to car wrecks (in a good way!) and drunk, wrong-way drivers, you should be the damaged sort of personality that sires a sociopathic dog-killer and runs interference for incestuous, pedophilic RealityTV stars.

Mike "Who Stole My Puddin!?" Huckafuck

“Trump may be a car wreck, but at least his car is pointed in right direction,” Huckabee wrote in a tweet. “Hillary is a drunk-driver going the wrong way on the freeway.”

Guevara

Anecdotal:

My family in Florida said they are all voting early/absentee this year. Simply can't risk not being counted, and are concerned about potential polling place shenanigans from Trump supporters.

I could see the optics looking very pro-Trump with signs and supporters on election day because of this.

I have seen some rumors in the local paper that Julian Castro will be running against him, he'd have a much better chance at winning.

If Castro ever intends to run for president, winning a Senate seat is basically a must. Senator or Governor is the best path to being a presidential candidate.

I suppose of you're going to liken people to car wrecks (in a good way!) and drunk, wrong-way drivers, you should be the damaged sort of personality that sires a sociopathic dog-killer and runs interference for incestuous, pedophilic RealityTV stars.

Mike "Who Stole My Puddin!?" Huckafuck

This totally doesn't make any sense. We can argue who is going the wrong direction, but you can't argue that Trump knows better how to drive the car than Clinton.

One is an experienced politician and one isn't.

That is incorrect.

You're either a very elaborate troll or you actually support him.

I am ready for President Trump.

I am ready for President Trump.

I'm ready for President Trump

Maybe you should get off that fucking tall as shit horse standing on a hill if you're gonna produce a joke of a list as evidence that Clinton is way better than Trump.

I think I have already mentioned on this forum that I would sleep just fine with President Trump (or another GOP president) at the helm. I am not a democrat. I have never voted, but friends have convinced me to register to vote. I did so under the premise that I would always vote for a candidate and not for a party. So, no, I wouldn't care.

just got into the first five minutes of last 538 podcast: "the electoral map is bad for HRC," "very little room for error for clinton", nate silver. come on, man. "not a safe lead," "50/50 in nevada." at least he admitted his model based on bad polls doenst take into account EV numbers.

Futureman

I notice the Trump house is all-white, whereas the Hillary house is a delightful coalition of colour.

yep... the house on the left was actually on the neighborhood house tour that I did photos for. The guy who lives there is very nice and the inside is very cool and nice decorating. No idea who lives on the Trump side.

fraud man. this guy is scarred from brexit and primaries. so obvious. this dude is going to be flusehd with the rest of overpaid ESPN/disney analysts after election!

You're either a very elaborate troll or you actually support him.

Why does it seem like all Trump supporters are fucking liars? If they aren't walking around with TRUMP tattooed across their head, they pose as Johnson supporters or disgruntled former Clinton voters.

Just own it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
fraud man. this guy is scarred from brexit and primaries. so obvious. this dude is going to be flusehd with the rest of overpaid ESPN/disney analysts after election!
Did trump write this post

I love Harry enten. Malone is truly unlistenable.

Paches

just got into the first five minutes of last 538 podcast: "the electoral map is bad for HRC," "very little room for error for clinton", nate silver. come on, man. "not a safe lead," "50/50 in nevada." at least he admitted his model based on bad polls doenst take into account EV numbers.

How would he describe Trump's electoral map then? Both candidates need a miracle to win? How does that even work?

BiggNife

lol, just go to the point where nate throws shade at wang again. he cant help himself. yeah, harry eten is good people.

I genuinely hope at some point after this election someone just throws Wang and Silver into a room and locks it for 12 hours

By the time the room is unlocked one or both of them will be dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom