• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ground game is why I expect Clinton to overperform her polling numbers. Also the surge in Latino voters who are harder to poll and also probably miss a lot of likely voter screens means that she probbaly will outperform polling places like Florida and Nevada.

Standing in line right now. Two hour wait. Ugh.

Yeah it's really ridiculous. You really shouldn't have to wait more than an hour at an early voting location.

rjinaz

What's going on with the betting markets? Big move towards Clinton overnight.

Maybe reality finally setting in now that the weekend of the election is here. Just my guess, people less comfortable in taking chances.

Trolling is an art. Homeboy is an amateur.

The complete flip in the Orlando-Metro area over the past 20 yrs has scared the GOP shitless. The drug of constant development and low-wage workers has come to bite them in the ass. They can't make enough angry White dudes fast enough to overcome the immigrants their economy requires to survive.

I love the irony of Boricua flooding into the state, and threatening to make GOP intransigence and outright antipathy towards the island's economic solvency a rallying cry to unseat them.

Chickens. Roosting.

Heh. Well said. The demographics change isn't happening as fast as I would like, I mean sure the WH is secure but the rest is a damn struggle. But, it's inevitable and I don't think the Republican party is capable of change.

posted? more dumpster polling (quality, result is nice!) that we'll ignore but nate will feed to his skewing machine

Latest Landmark/RosettaStone Poll

Trump 48 (+2)
Clinton 46

Fox318

New thread for new news?

Chinese mystic monkey picks Trump as next US president

000_HR62C-640x427.jpg

monkey-king-trump.jpg

There was a 3rd choice

He could have jumped

I think you're taking issue with the label of "Trump Supporter". You don't identify that way. Fine alright, no labels. Would you at least be willing to admit that you are a defender of Trump and his positions more often than not? And also admit that you almost never defend Hillary? I mean your posting history is there for all to see. Prove me wrong.

I think both are horrible candidates. I just think both right and left wing people are bigoted as all hell. I dislike the fact that the DNC was openly cheerleading for Clinton when they should be neutral.

Can't defend Trump on his position for climate change. I do think he is a racist, misogynist, xenophobe. I do like the fact that he would cut my taxes. I like the fact that he's an atheist. His plan for health care reform is a joke, as is his immigration plan. You ain't deporting 11 million people and building that wall is not happening. I think he is very politically incorrect and that rubs people the wrong way.

Can't defend Clinton on abortion at 9 months and I'm very pro choice. I do think she is a liar and a demagogue. I'm okay with her flip flopping on gay marriage, better late than never, I guess. I don't like her free college plan because it doesn't include everyone. Can't defend her flip flopping on TPP, keystone pipeline, and especially single payer healthcare. I think her position on immigration and path to citizenship is a major plus. As is her position on women's rights and gun control.

Does that make me a defender of Trump and not a defender of Clinton? I don't know. I don't care. Maybe because GAF is so pro Clinton, you only see me being a Trump defender, I guess?

For someone who mmerely entered the thread to ask an innocent question, you sure seem to be sticking around in defense of your Trumpism.

You're telling on yourself and you just can't seem to help it.

You guys keep engaging me, so yeah....

The issue people are taking is that you say these Trump things "sarcastically" and then, in complete earnestness, profess that you would sleep just fine under his presidency. Your supposed sarcasm is extremely disingenuous because it is indeterminable from what you actually feel.

In other words, you are not being sarcastic. You are being playful. There is a difference.

"The Donald, I love you" is not sarcastic if you do not actually condone his existence. At best, it is an exaggeration of the fact you are completely comfortable with him, which is not exactly an exonerating explanation.

We don't label you. You label yourself.

I have probably said "Jeff Rigby I love you" on the gaming side forum. I guess I have a profound love for the Jeff.

I haven't labeled myself, but I don't care what you guys label me.

The fact that I would be comfortable with Trump as president has everything to do with it being out of my control and "there is nothing I can do about it". It has nothing to do with me condoning him. The reason I never voted is because I always felt my vote doesn't really count and the electoral system is just garbage. I have felt this way since Bush won despite losing.

ppp -

clinton up in both nevada and NH and NC
democrats winning both senate races
burr up 3 in NC senate

PPP finds Clinton +3 in NV, +5 NH, +2 NC, +4 PA, +7 WI. In Senate races, GOP up 2 in MO, 3 in NC, down 3 in NV & NH, 2 in PA, 5 in WI.

Economic news is good, right? Imagine if the battle to take Mosul pans out this weekend. These both could cut directly into Trump's message of doom and gloom.

Strong economy is already baked in (or being ignored) , just be relieved it wasn't bad.

If Mosul is liberated it's maybe a good last news cycle but probably too indirect and remote to boost anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom