• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how CNN would cover the 1980 campaign somehow try to maneuver that into a horse race that doesn't exist.

CARTER UP BIG IN GEORGIA

Did the media try to gin up a horse race or was that before cable ratings needed to be kept up so they didn't bother?

They didn't bother. Your only choices were CBS, ABC and NBC in 1980 (outside of the 17 people in the US who had cable) so they didn't need to sensationalize everything to try to steal every little bit of market share.

Trouble

Banned
LOOK WHOS BACKKK

panic-reaction-gif.gif

BiggNife

Well Bayh went from a sure thing to totally fucked. Amazing.

Do we have anyone from Indiana who can explain how this happened? Just curious because I know jackshit about Bayh and the senate race there.

A cursory glance on google makes it sound like he pushed himself as anti-establishment only to get wrecked by an avalanche of oppo proving he's allied himself with lobbyists and wall street.

Teggy

Do we have anyone from Indiana who can explain how this happened? Just curious because I know jackshit about Bayh and the senate race there.

A cursory glance on google makes it sound like he pushed himself as anti-establishment only to get wrecked by an avalanche of oppo proving he's allied himself with lobbyists and wall street.

I think it started with news that he hadn't been living in Indiana and it just kind of went downhill from there.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Why in the world would his assistants just fuck around like this if it wasn't under his direct orders? Who, other than a pure Christie backer, would think that he surrounded himself with all these "rogue" assistants. Christie belongs in jail.
Either he knew, or he fostered an environment where his staff actively engaged in political retribution, or he's an incompetent manager.

Only true believers can think he's somehow good or innocent.

Hoping to pickup a PS4 Pro, for the POWER. We don't do Black Friday in my house. We've been online shoppers for a decade. Even converted the wifey to Loft online.

Yeah same, I do it all online. I might go to one store just to see the choas, but I love to just do it all online. Faster, and honestly more fun.

Slayven

I am confused, either there is a mountain of empireical evidence that Clinton is going to win

Or GOP is picking up a vibe Trump is going to win

Which should I believe?

Even converted the wifey to Loft online.

sigh. ive only converted the SO to purchase household goods online, still inching closer and closer to clothes online... last night she was out shopping (at least she looks online to check in store before going now), couldn't find anything that fit, and then proceeded to blame me since i was pressuring her?

I'm going to get a diet root beer on black friday after sleeping in until 2pm. Maybe some B1G game will be on the TV so I can cheer for them to lose or get hit by a meteor.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but man, no one does existential dread and panic like Andrew Sullivan.

I realize unhinged panic is his MO, but geez, we're a long way from "Know Hope".

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin, we live in a republic, if we can keep it. And yet, more than two centuries later, we are openly contemplating throwing it up in the air and seeing where it might land.

Do what you can.

sigh. ive only converted the SO to purchase household goods online, still inching closer and closer to clothes online... last night she was out shopping (at least she looks online to check in store before going now), couldn't find anything that fit, and then proceeded to blame me since i was pressuring her?

Once she realized she could return for free, and return in-store she felt better about online. But she hates crowds and smarmy retail agents, so it was bound to happen eventually

So about black friday, what deals yall getting?

I'm looking for deals this holiday on Bose wireless headphones, vitamix blenders, PS4, a bicycle, boxing/MMA gear, workout and work clothes/shoes, and an ipad/tablet. Not gonna buy them all, but looking out for deals. May buy some household items if I see anything interesting as well.

Grief.exe

LOOK WHOS BACKKK

Paul Manafort ‏@PaulManafort 2h2 hours ago
Battleground states moving to Trump en masse. Media not liking the pattern. By Sunday Trump will be over 270 in polls

Public Polls are a sin wave, and they are only moving back towards the median of this entire race which is C+5.

...unless he has knowledge of some leak from his body Putin.

so is that Comey letter really what's to blame for what's been happening this past week?
because that pisses me off because it was a nothingsandwhich but the dem tickets are taking blows for it. i know CNN and Punished Nate and others have gone off the deep end with the "dead heat/toss ups everywhere" narrative but there has been a significant downtrend

Now IA and OH are running away, so my hopes of a landslide are dashing, and the Senate races are getting too close for comfort

fucking hate politics

Iolo

MI poll (EPIC-MRA) Clinton up 42-38, +4 Trump since last, +1 Clinton

Are there really this many undecideds left

Solid PPP numbers for HRC, and finally a decent result in NH after a rough couple of days there. I also love bad Nate's article about a polling error meaning that the race would be tied. He failed to mention that a polling error in favor of HRC puts her up at 6 points, and that would make Georgia and Arizona back in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom