• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way these overly enthusiastic Trump rally goers are going to be scary on Wednesday

All these people are going to do is either

1) Go back to their local bars where they can say Obama is a n--, say Clinton should die, and cry about how America is gone

2) Go back online to crying about how women don't like them because they have to compete with men who give an effort.

just got into the first five minutes of last 538 podcast: "the electoral map is bad for HRC," "very little room for error for clinton", nate silver. come on, man. "not a safe lead," "50/50 in nevada." at least he admitted his model based on bad polls doenst take into account EV numbers.

Downgraded to Nate Tin.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
If following politics on the sidelines is this stressful, I cannot imagine doing it for a living. I know this election is an outlier and possibly a symptom of what we can expect going forward, but holy crap if you're a pundit or someone actively vested in politics. The rate at which you age must be exponential.

All these people are going to do is either

1) Go back to their local bars where they can say Obama is a n--, say Clinton should die, and cry about how America is gone

2) Go back online to crying about how women don't like them because they have to compete with men who give an effort.

Hopefully that's all they do

Solid PPP numbers for HRC, and finally a decent result in NH after a rough couple of days there. I also love bad Nate's article about a polling error meaning that the race would be tied. He failed to mention that a polling error in favor of HRC puts her up at 6 points, and that would make Georgia and Arizona back in play.

ClickNate needs Clicks.

Either way these overly enthusiastic Trump rally goers are going to be scary on Wednesday

Quite honestly, I want them to get it out in the open. Let's be done with the dog-whistles and down to the brass-tacks of the GOP as a White Resentment Party. Let the suburban Whites put their chit in that pile knowing full-well who they're supporting.

If the GOP wants to go full-fascist, let's do this

Quite honestly, I want them to get it out in the open. Let's be done with the dog-whistles and down to the brass-tacks of the GOP as a White Resentment Party. Let the suburban Whites put their chit in that pile knowing full-well who they're supporting.

I'm very glad Canada doesn't have a right to bear arms

Jeels

Hasn't gone red since 72, two Democrats in the senate and one in the governorship. Polling hasn't been favourable to him.

If he does, it's in a landslide.

What keeps Min, Wis, and Mich blue while Ohio continues to trend red? I feel like they all have similar problems with industry dying out, not as diverse demographics as the south, west/east coasts, etc etc.

BadRNG

So who are we realistically expecting to lose for the Senate?

Have you guys legitimately given up on Bayh?
Bayh is probably done, Murphy is likely as well.

I think this is our most optimistic spread?

TzGWkmX.png

Kander is not in great position though, and Hassan looks close. At this point I am banking on Hillary's ground game carrying over and pushing NV/NC/WI our way. Even if Kander and Hassan lose, we'd at least have tie breaker if the rest is accurate.

thefro

What keeps Min, Wis, and Mich blue while Ohio continues to trend red? I feel like they all have similar problems with industry dying out, not as diverse demographics as the south, west/east coasts, etc etc.

Southern Ohio (like Southern Illinois/Southern Indiana) is basically Kentucky.

I find it weird because I thought it would be reverse that. Trump getting Minni, Wisconsin, Michigan being tight and she gets Ohio.

yep as long as there is no harm im fine with this

TI82

Banned

Minnesota is a tech center of the Midwest, and the area was founded by Scandinavian peoples.

johnny956

Bayh is probably done, Murphy is likely as well.

I think this is our most optimistic spread?

Kander is not in great position though, and Hassan looks close. At this point I am banking on Hillary's ground game carrying over and pushing NV/NC/WI our way. Even if Kander and Hassan lose, we'd at least have tie breaker if the rest is accurate.

Just sucks Missouri doesn't have no reason early voting. I already voted as I'm going to be out of town but Saturday in-person early voting would be huge for St. Louis and Kansas City but of course no way 'super majority republican Missouri' would ever approve it

Wang's PEC model is feeling slightly bullish on a lot of the Senate races.

IN, NC, NH are all at 50/50 in the model, but MO is waffling around 44/56 for Kander.

I think we have a good shot at 52-48 Tuesday. BELIEVE!!

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member

They're pretty damned scary already. An older man wearing a MAGA cap started shouting at my two year old son when he put our ballots in the ballot box accusing him/me of voter fraud. Who yells at a toddler?

Ryuuroden

Southern Ohio (like Southern Illinois/Southern Indiana) is basically Kentucky.

Southern and south eastern Ohio is like kentucky, west Virginia. Really, Trump is the ideal candidate down there. I see a lot of Confederate flags in that area too,. They just usually are unlikely voters.

Anyways, what I really came to post, +6 votes for Hillary here (Ohio)

Those three are sort of the last vestiges of the old labor union vote, iirc. MN and WI are some of the last places Democrats win rural counties, which in conjunction with the big urban centers makes them tilt Democratic. One of my professors also listed Twin Cities as one of the best examples of good racial integration of minorities. It also has the well-oiled DFL machine.

Those three are sort of the last vestiges of the old labor union vote, iirc. MN and WI are some of the last places Democrats win rural counties, which in conjunction with the big urban centers makes them tilt Democratic. One of my professors also listed Twin Cities as one of the best examples of good racial integration of minorities. It also has the well-oiled DFL machine.

This, to me, is the future Democratic coalition. With the rise of the unaffiliated voter bringing together what's left of retail/health unions, Greens, sustainable agriculture and traditional Dem demographics in the mold of DFL will be how you push-back against Revanchism.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Susan Surandon thread got locked pretty quickly

Why people listen to that woman is beyond me.

There were some reasonable voices, but it was very quickly going in an ugly direction. Probably the right call to lock it down.

Piecake

Minnesota isn't rust belt. Its economy isn't struggling and is definitely a modern-oriented tech-service economy.

As for the difference between Ohio and Michigan/Wisconsin, this map is rather interesting.

Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Northern Ohio were settled by New England migrants. Southern Ohio was settled by migrants from the Southern Back country. These groups obviously had quite different values and cultures, and it seems plausible that it still has an influence today.

rjinaz

Don't know yet.

My dad and I have an age old Thanksgiving tradition where we read the Black Friday ads while our food digests.

bfads.net is the way to do Black Friday. You know well in advance. Especially since some deals actually occur on the day of Thanksgiving these days, unfortunately.

bfads.net is the way to do Black Friday. You know well in advance. Especially since some deals actually occur on the day of Thanksgiving these days, unfortunately.

My family is opposed to Thanksgiving deals and do not take part in them unless they're online. It doesn't really matter what they are, we just ignore them.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Do we have anyone from Indiana who can explain how this happened? Just curious because I know jackshit about Bayh and the senate race there.

A cursory glance on google makes it sound like he pushed himself as anti-establishment only to get wrecked by an avalanche of oppo proving he's allied himself with lobbyists and wall street.

1. It became public that Bayh didn't live in Indiana.
2. He became a lobbyist during the financial crisis.
3. Young's ads have been incredibly effective. Really, really well done. They did a great job of making Bayh seem like an out-of-touch politician and that he didn't really care about the citizens of Indiana

Watching this Cubs parade has made me doubt if I'm still in my Prime reality.

I just saw someone walking down the sidewalk with swimming trunks over sweatpants. Shit, shit, shit...how do I return home?

No, Minnesota is Minnesota.

That map is so amazing to me. How does an entire country rally behind a single politician like that? It's so inconceivable to me. 49 states - and this was only in 1984. It's not like this is ancient American history.

This is the kind of thing that I would always believe could never happen. Except, of course, that it did.

That map is so amazing to me. How does an entire country rally behind a single politician like that? It's so inconceivable to me. 49 states - and this was only in 1984. It's not like this is ancient American history.

This is the kind of thing that I would always believe could never happen. Except, of course, that it did.
Fear.

Plus an economic bandaid that made the 80s look like a recovery from the 70s recession.

bananas

Banned

Less polarization.
Also, America was a lot more white and conservative and Reagan was a popular President who was in charge when the economy recovered from a recession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom