• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
y5WmsU-3Vm1KLKtbGg3imkX5ZSusxJO9sowYzV0vYWfIXFvzOM8vVowms9ERlu3fIQ=w300

Yes, it is weird, I did not follow Obama vs. Romney and Obama vs. McCain much at all (I was very young, like something around 17 and 13 years old), but I remember I supported Obama.

But this election is between Hillary and Orange Hitler.

We do have a king and Im actually against the monarchy. :p

It's a good thing to be against since monarchies have no place in modern times. Start the revolution. It's up to you.

Joeytj

Banned
The fact that we have a Watergate-style hacking event being operated along with a clear push from a foreign country to swing the election in its favor and we have almost no major media talking about it is absolutely insane to me.

For real.

I was catching up to Designated Survivor yesterday and SPOILERS:
The FBI director's face when Maggie Q's character convinces him that people within the U.S. government helped plan the attack on the Capitol, is of utter shock and disbelief.

I wonder if anybody in the FBI, CIA or Obama administration in general had the look on their faces when it became clear that a major party's candidate for president is very likely being influenced by Putin himself, along with all the other meddling in the U.S. election.

TheFatOne

I mean it gives the perfect excuse to clean house and not make it look like a partisan witch hunt.

It's still hard because even though you are in the right the media will cry foul, and play it up for a story. Then, the GOP machine will try to kick in and smear the shit out of you. Thankfully they have been doing that to her since the beginning of time, and she will be more than prepared for their bullshit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I find it interesting that Trump's major bump in Michigan (now down 4 points, within MOE) is mostly from Gary Johnson supporters.

I don't believe this DNC story. Way too clickbait-y.

Clickbait? The article is by David Corn. He is legit.

David Corn of Mother Jones will receive the George Polk Award for Political Reporting for a story that rocked the nation and perhaps cost Mitt Romney the Presidential election. Through persistent digging and careful negotiation with a source, Corn secured a full recording of Romney at a $50,000-a-plate Florida fundraiser declaring that 47 percent of Americans — those who back president Obama — are “victims” who are “dependent upon government” and “pay no income tax.” Corn worked for weeks to obtain the recording, but it was his years of high-impact journalism that helped lead him to the source of the recording. Furthermore, it was Corn’s extensive previous reporting on Romney that convinced the source to trust him with its release

It's still hard because even though you are in the right the media will cry foul, and play it up for a story. Then, the GOP machine will try to kick in and smear the shit out of you. Thankfully they have been doing that to her since the beginning of time, and she will be more than prepared for their bullshit.

Yeah, that's why I edited it to say Comey stays and is the one who cleans house.

TheFatOne

Yeah, that's why I edited it to say Comey stays and is the one who cleans house.

Nah he's gone. Clinton will take the hit. She knows what republicans are, and she's not going to take the chance of having the FBI leading witch hunts the entire time she is president. You can't have these fuckers as the head of the FBI at the moment which is incredibly depressing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why are Russia and Wikileaks trying to get Trump elected? Because they think he'd ruin the country?

Ithil

Oh god, a PAC ad with a bunch of doctors saying Trump has a better plan for healthcare, then one doctor saying Hillary Clinton's plan is "the wrong prescription."

I fucking laughed so hard.

Were they wearing lab coats? They always do that for these sorts of ads.

Podesta story debunked

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-fluids-at-a-secret-satanist-dinner/#comments

People taking wikileaks drips at face value will now have to contend that wikileaks emails later refute the story.

Oh thank god it was debunked. It looked real for a while there.

Also, if they were winning, do you think they would be doing this? Remember in 2008 that Hannity had an hour-long weekend special on Obama's radical black church that does SCARY STUFF.

WatTsu

Voted early. +1 for HRC in WI as well as the downballot Dems. I'll miss the thrill of going out on Election Day but this was so much faster and more convenient.

WTF is this OPPO everyone keeps mentioning?!?!

A NeoGAF poster who worked with Obama's campaign before and some Republican strategists and campaign managers and Ben Carson had said for months that were two stories dug up by Hillary's campaign that were worse than "grab them by the pussy." These were referred to as the "oppo." The last few hours were the last possible time they could have shown up.

Explain yourself Cesare

EXPLAIN THE LACKO O' THE OPPO!

there's no oppo. Cesare betrayed us.

A NeoGAF poster who worked with Obama's campaign before and some Republican strategists and campaign managers and Ben Carson had said for months that were two stories dug up by Hillary's campaign that were worse than "grab them by the pussy." These were referred to as the "oppo." The last few hours were the last possible time they could have shown up.

No oppo??? Bullshit.

I'm going to go back in time 45 minutes to warn everyone so we don't get worked up for nothing.

Kusagari

Sam Stein Verified account
‏@samsteinhp

More latinos have voted in Florida as of now than in the entire 2012 election, Clinton campaign says

Well Trump lost FL guys

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
oppo = opposition research = an actual discipline where political people, researchers, private investigators, etc will do a bunch of background checks on an opponent. basically sifting through every single thing the opponent touched in their lives.

an oppo dump is when those findings are leaked to media outlets at a well-timed moment. alicia machado is an example of an oppo dump, perhaps the best in recent memory, assuming 47% and swiftboating don't count. (47% wasn't oppo it was a leak, swiftboating was twisting well-known controversy).

marrec

Banned
Podesta story debunked

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-fluids-at-a-secret-satanist-dinner/#comments

People taking wikileaks drips at face value will now have to contend that wikileaks emails later refute the story.

Wait I legit thought everyone knew she was an artist and they were just being glib?

I mean, I assume some repubs out there probably thought John Podesta was literally summoning the devil, but people knew she was an artist and this was about her kickstarter dinner right?

CwcxwIlUcAEiI6D.jpg

I'm sorry, but 538's model makes no sense.

I was going to make a long post today on why his model sucks...but the above image goes far beyond what I know is wrong with his model.

The above is nonsensical. Nate's reputation is going to take a massive hit on the 9th.

edit: Actually, it's probably the result of the Loess regression again. Which just shows how fucking stupid it is.

Geg

CwcxwIlUcAEiI6D.jpg

I'm sorry, but 538's model makes no sense.

I was going to make a long post today on why his model sucks...but the above image goes far beyond what I know is wrong with his model.

The above is nonsensical. Nate's reputation is going to take a massive hit on the 9th.

This is something I would expect a parody image of the 538 model to look like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom