• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonjonaug

CwcxwIlUcAEiI6D.jpg

I'm sorry, but 538's model makes no sense.

I was going to make a long post today on why his model sucks...but the above image goes far beyond what I know is wrong with his model.

The above is nonsensical. Nate's reputation is going to take a massive hit on the 9th.
Add up the numbers there. It's the "uncertainty" part of the equation.

Also the model works by simulating 10 thousand runs of the election. That poll probably barely moved the numbers at all and the slight drop is due to deviation in the simulation. Really he should be running 100 thousand or more sims I think.

HTupolev

Wait I legit thought everyone knew she was an artist and they were just being glib?

I mean, I assume some repubs out there probably thought John Podesta was literally summoning the devil, but people knew she was an artist and this was about her kickstarter dinner right?
They knew what it was about but were not being glib, because they chose (well, choose; WaPo's article won't change their minds because "liberal media") to interpret it as darkly as possible.

The fact that we have a Watergate-style hacking event being operated along with a clear push from a foreign country to swing the election in its favor and we have almost no major media talking about it is absolutely insane to me.

Yeah but a woman wants to be President

CwcxwIlUcAEiI6D.jpg

I'm sorry, but 538's model makes no sense.

I was going to make a long post today on why his model sucks...but the above image goes far beyond what I know is wrong with his model.

The above is nonsensical. Nate's reputation is going to take a massive hit on the 9th.

edit: Actually, it's probably the result of the Loess regression again. Which just shows how fucking stupid it is.

It's a display bug. It's not a +18. It's actually +7, and their last poll was +9. Thanks to Macho for pointing this out.

http://www.roanoke.edu/about/news/rc_poll_nov_2016_politics

Methodology might be whack, but it's consistent.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Yeah, "The OPPO" is not happening now.

If it anything it's unplanned and not by the campaign, they would have wanted it out there earlier today.

A NeoGAF poster who worked with Obama's campaign before and some Republican strategists and campaign managers and Ben Carson had said for months that were two stories dug up by Hillary's campaign that were worse than "grab them by the pussy." These were referred to as the "oppo." The last few hours were the last possible time they could have shown up.
What if Cesare is Ben Carson?

@Redistrict: Horrific new voter registration data for GOP in CA: since '12, Ds have added 754,000 voters, Rs have lost 308,000. elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov/ror/ror-pages/…

:eek:

studyguy

California is set on making it impossible for Republicans to win the popular vote without a wave election.

Demographics aren't ever going to be shifting back to GOP in CA with their current trajectory anyway. GOP here is a sinking ship going deeper and deeper as it stands.

@Redistrict: Horrific new voter registration data for GOP in CA: since '12, Ds have added 754,000 voters, Rs have lost 308,000. elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov/ror/ror-pages/…

:eek:

Do they show which counties are adding them the most? I'm interested in it for the local Measure M prop for Los Angeles, which if passed, will double our current transit system. The last transit measure failed by just 15,000 votes, I believe.

A NeoGAF poster who worked with Obama's campaign before and some Republican strategists and campaign managers and Ben Carson had said for months that were two stories dug up by Hillary's campaign that were worse than "grab them by the pussy." These were referred to as the "oppo." The last few hours were the last possible time they could have shown up.
:D Thanks for clearing that up.

I saw that and it was glorious! Other guys like David Rothschild and even Enten to an extent seem to be getting sick of the shenanigans.

I like the concept of 538 just fine, but it's becoming pretty damned clear that nate himself is thin skinned with some very strange opinions that end up working their way into the site's business no matter what the data actually says.

I have a VERY strong dislike of libertarians (even over bog standard republicans) because of the habit they have of ignoring human behavior and actual history in favor of ideology and theory- and it didn't surprise me at all when i found out Nate fell into this category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom