• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say so.. but the point being is that the words to match up with the rhythm and beat of the music.. it's weird.

I agree, you're not wrong either way. It's just weird to imagine Gato as a rapping robot. And I don't even have a lifelong relationship with Chrono Trigger. I played it last year for the first time. It definitely occurred to me that the lyrics and rhythm were mismatched, but not that Gato was rapping.

alternade

I took the next week off just in case I cant handle whatever happens. I always feel uneasy when the election gets this close. It just make my anxiety kick into overdrive thinking about him winning and dealing with his smug supporters for the next 4 years. My mom has been a bigger wreck than me even though shes out of the country. She told me she mostly worries for my safety in this election. I don't care she wins by 1% as long as she does.

Going to vote early tonight in NV.

Beefy

Cwc0YtvXcAAki5D.jpg

BiggNife

I am like 99% sure that the oppo exists but it couldn't be properly sourced or corroborated and everyone knows how lawsuit happy trump is

It sucks but w/e

Do they show which counties are adding them the most? I'm interested in it for the local Measure M prop for Los Angeles, which if passed, will double our current transit system. The last transit measure failed by just 15,000 votes, I believe.

Tough to say, very little polling and 66% is a tough bar to clear. But Metro is very popular these days, especially in the city, and they did get the sales tax that this is renewing passed via vote.

Marist has Hillary +1.

WASHINGTON
A majority of voters believe Hillary Clinton has done something illegal, according to a new McClatchy-Marist Poll days before the presidential election.

A total of 83 percent of likely voters believe that Clinton did something wrong – 51 percent saying she did something illegal and 32 percent saying she something unethical but not illegal. Just 14 percent said she’s done nothing wrong.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article112635048.html#storylink=cpy

Good going News media. Fucking idiots.

Can we ban anyone who just absolutely swore oppo was coming? Or at least force them to explain themselves? ...And apply this to Twitter if at all possible? Like, it'll still be fine on Tuesday, but it's just mean to drag people on like this all week.
My name is Oppo
I have metal joints
Drop me down
And earn fifteen percentage points!
This is fantastic.
THERE IS HOPE
Oh jesus christ. Even if there IS something now, it missed its peak impact window to hit the Friday (or thursday... or wednesday...) evening news.

Marist:

Hillary+1, ugh.

WASHINGTON
A majority of voters believe Hillary Clinton has done something illegal, according to a new McClatchy-Marist Poll days before the presidential election.

A total of 83 percent of likely voters believe that Clinton did something wrong – 51 percent saying she did something illegal and 32 percent saying she something unethical but not illegal. Just 14 percent said she’s done nothing wrong.

By comparison, 79 percent think Donald Trump did something wrong, though not nearly as many think he did something illegal. Just 26 percent think he’s done something illegal, while 53 percent think he’s dome something unethical but not illegal. Just 17 percent think he’s done nothing wrong.

The deep suspicion of Clinton is likely a top reason she’s lost much of her lead and the race for the White House has tightened in the race’s closing days.

In a four-way race, the two are neck and neck with Clinton supported by 44 percent and Trump by 43 percent. Libertarian Gary Johnson has 6 percent, and the Green Party’s Jill Stein has 2 percent.

In a two-way match up, Clinton has 46 percent, Trump 44 percent.

SEXUAL ASSAULT IS ILLEGAL YOU DUMBFUCK VOTERS.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article112635048.html

So the story of this election cycle will be the pollsters oversampling white people and undersampling Latinos. I'm looking forward to all the articles written about that post-election.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
How much better can Hillary do with women than Obama? He got 55%. Is 60% wishful thinking?

I'm excited to see exit polls, even if they'll likely be relatively inaccurate.

Wilsongt

Unless there is any hard, concrete, can show the public evidence that there are any links to Trump and Russia, or any actual bugging of the DNC headquarters or whatnot, any of these little "oppo" drops by Slate, MJ, etc are just a pile of nothingburgers and they just need to stop trying at this point.

The election is almost over, the Queen is going to reign, and nothing will happen to Trump unless a huge FBI purge occurs, and all that will do is cause another political shitstorm.

Just let the orange, oozing twat fade back to Trump tower to take potshots at people via Twitter and Fox News for the rest of his days.

The pussygrabbing story stuck because there was audio and video evidence. PodestaGate stuck because there was hard evidence. Nothing else is going to stick with just "sources say".

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Matthew DowdVerified account
‏@matthewjdowd
@NateSilver538 and by the way you made stuff up in GOP primary which is why your call was so off. Some of us called it by data.

Ouch, hitting Nate where it hurts

Things really feel like they are slipping in the polls.

Glad early voting has been looking good.

Which polls are people freaking out about?

PS even with Nates crazy model, Clinton is still in the 60+ chances of winning.

What did I just watch..

I agree, you're not wrong either way. It's just weird to imagine Gato as a rapping robot. And I don't even have a lifelong relationship with Chrono Trigger. I played it last year for the first time. It definitely occurred to me that the lyrics and rhythm were mismatched, but not that Gato was rapping.
Yup.. it's weird.. the music is awesome, but it stands out is all.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm still not worried about that Fox poll. GOP came back, which was expected. Hillary still can win if voters get to the polls, and her GOTV organization is huge. I trust it.

All I keep thinking is that if Biden had made it through the primaries, he'd probably be up 5-6 points. Too bad he'd have never made it through :/

Hot take: The polls are showing enthusiasm among Republicans who thought the election was lost. But the key here is that these are Republicans in reliably GOP states (ala Mississippi) and not battleground states.

Comey was successful in reinvigorating the GOP base.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The near-entirety of the Republican demographic rallying around Trump because of Hillary something something emails is maybe the biggest indictment of that party yet. It's just complete mindlessness.

Grexeno

So what we're looking at here is the polls trying to get back to 2012 numbers, which means we're in for about a 3-4 point Clinton win and over 300 EVs

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hot take: The polls are showing enthusiasm among Republicans who thought the election was lost. But the key here is that these are Republicans in reliably GOP states (ala Mississippi) and not battleground states.

Eh, I don't know. I'm sure sure that's part of it, but some swing states have tightened considerably over the past week. Michigan, PA, etc.

Grexeno said:
So what we're looking at here is the polls trying to get back to 2012 numbers, which means we're in for about a 3-4 point Clinton win and over 300 EVs

If she overperforms, which adam and others earlier showed she most likely will.

If you look at the difference between the last mcclatchy poll and this one. Clinton goes from 45 to 44, Trump goes from 31 to....43. This is why those big leads with Trump in the low 30s were a phantom. He was always guaranteed 40.

someone else (I can't recall who, really) chalked this one up to nonresponse bias- republicans were simply less likely to answer polls at all when news was bad for them.

these people were always going to vote, they were just harder to reach, or less likely to identify their preferences.

That being said, polls don't matter anymore. Early voting data is so far off of expectations, no one's "likely voter" models are correct.

a 2 point margin between Trump and Hillary (when Obama was 3.7 v Romney) is so laughably terrible given how we already know people are voting, that it should be discarded immediately as irrelevant.

Eh, I don't know. I'm sure sure that's part of it, but some swing states have tightened considerably over the past week. Michigan, PA, etc.

I think those states are more about enthusiasm in the polling rather than coming home. They were always going to vote, just ignored the polls after such bad debates by Trump.

Trump's % of GOP voters is going up in non-battleground states. That's what the national polls are showing.

Sadly, we are hyper-partisan. Latinos are saving the Republic.

Mike M

Nick N
Holy shit, that winking when Guliani just said "acid bleach my emails" is a Vic Berger video waiting to happen.

#RIPVine
"Acid bleach?"

I'm never not mortified that U.S. politicians consistently demonstrate a sub-junior high level of scientific knowledge.

Ac30

clinton losing the EV is as close to an impossible scenario as you can describe.

there is no valid path where Trump gets anywhere near 270.

Huh, the models I've seen put her at 269 if she wins her firewall states and loses NH.

Either way, don't fuck this up America.

I can believe Donald Trump is potentially about to be elected president. What in the ever-loving fuck are people thinking?

Donald Trump is "potentially" about to be elected in the same way that Jill Stein and "Deez Nuts" are potentially about to be elected.

Huh, the models I've seen put her at 269 if she wins her firewall states and loses NH.

Either way, don't fuck this up America.

The models you've been looking at are LOLworthy. She's already at 270 in states where she's comfortably ahead by 6+ points in "likely" voters...while first time and unlikely voters are breaking records in the early vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom