• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Cwc9CuYWEAAJaCZ.jpg:large
This is hysterical. "As president, I will do whatever you cheer loudest for!"

royalan

Well fuck...

Apparently, a judge denied the injunction SEPTA attempted to file to get the striking transit workers back to work.

We won't know until a hearing on Monday at 10:30 of the strike will end or be paused for election day.

I'm trying not to panic, but a transit strike on election day worked be disastrous for Philly turnout.

newjeruse

Chances of ESPN dropping his site like a hot rock are pretty damned high, so you may be correct.

Wherever he ends up after this, let's hope it's somewhere with a little less pressure and more humility.
We will see. My heart hopes he's wrong, but my head isn't so sure. The great part of this is that we will see on election day. I've been following Silver since the PECOTA days back at Baseball Prospectus, so I'll always be loyal to him even if his methodology is questionable at times.

Ac30

Well fuck...

Apparently, a judge denied the injunction SEPTA attempted to file to get the striking transit workers back to work.

We won't know until a hearing on Monday at 10:30 of the strike will end or be paused for election day.

I'm trying not to panic, but a transit strike on election day worked be disastrous for Philly turnout.

Maybe the Dems should start busing them around.

Fuck, this keeps getting worse.

Emarv

Will he will put out a solid projection for how the states and election play out in the end? Otherwise he can show Clinton at 1% and claim the outcome was just unlikely, but possible in the model.
He said on the podcast they will stop adding polls on Monday at midnight and Tuesday morning he will have a post on the website with his final model. According to him, he's not "calling anything". Essentially the model says what it says and if you want to call that "the call" than it is. Basically he's trying to cover his bases by saying it's only 65% or whatever. Scientifically, that's the correct way to say it but other model analysts are more confident in how they word it. We'll see how he writes the post.

He and Wang both agree though that they're gonna get a few Senate races wrong because it's just so close in a few of them. So even if they call them all, it's important to note it's just a coin toss right now and luck.

Well fuck...

Someone I think will balk for the strike. Neither wants trump.

I think the Union thinks they can get the city/state.

The union has endorsed Clinton. They're not going to screw her. My guess is they get a temporary agreement for election day

Hopfrog

Well fuck...

Would be the definition of Democrats fucking themselves over if a strike hurt turnout in Philly enough to swing the state to Trump. Congratulations SEPTA, you played yourselves.

TheFatOne

We will see. My heart hopes he's wrong, but my head isn't so sure. The great part of this is that we will see on election day. I've been following Silver since the PECOTA days back at Baseball Prospectus, so I'll always be loyal to him even if his methodology is questionable at times.

If you need reasurance looks at the early voting numbers in NV, and FL. In the immortal words of Vince Carter.

ByQSoLU.gif

Well fuck...

Am I reading this wrong or isn't everything still operating as normal on election day either way?

Hopfrog

The union has endorsed Clinton. They're not going to screw her. My guess is they get a temporary agreement for election day

Obama needs to have a word with them when he is there on Monday.

Am I reading this wrong or isn't everything still operating as normal on election day either way?

you're reading it wrong.

the strike is still active. nothing will run on election day except regional rail and suburban transit.

SEPTA is trying to get a court injunction to force striking workers back to work for election day, it didn't happen today, might on monday.

edit: that being said it probably won't make a huge difference even if SEPTA is still on strike.

Iolo

I just don't understand this election anymore. The polls are crazy. Hope the Hillary campaign has better information than everybody else.

faisal233

If they're telling NBC about it, they've already done the damage, or they're announcing that we have the capacity and expect that the Russians believe that we do, and will, if they don't get their shit in order PDQ.

Ain't propaganda grand?

If they are telling NBC then they have already penetrated their systems but haven't done any damage. The damage will come if election disruptions from Russia happens. This is just a warning.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maybe California is weird, but every place I've ever lived I could walk to the polling place.

Nairume

Banned

As I said before, though it's not quite the same situation, I imagine most unions still remember what happened to PATCO and aren't going to do anything that would risk Trump getting into office, since he'd pull the kind of things Reagan did and fuck unions even harder.

Really though, that twice as many people think Hillary is a criminal than Trump is fucking astonishing.

TRUMP BRAGGED ABOUT SEXUALLY ASSAULTING WOMEN, FUCKHEADS.

As I said before, though it's not quite the same situation, I imagine most unions still remember what happened to PATCO and aren't going to do anything that would risk Trump getting into office, since he'd pull the kind of things Reagan did and fuck unions even harder.

LOL I thought you were talking about the PATCO Speedline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom