• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
and for the first time I'm thinking she really could lose this.
giphy.gif

Why do I always picture you as some cartoon manic mad man who's pulling out his hair and sweating profusely at all times

Trump is really going to execute his political opponent over... emails if he gets elected.

And 90% of Republicans are OK with that.

..... I don't think there's been a stronger sign for a second civil war then that 40-45% of the nation seriously wants Hillary to be imprisoned or killed over.... nothing. I mean, they want her imprisoned or dead over absolutely nothing.

Maybe California is weird, but every place I've ever lived I could walk to the polling place.

that's still true for philadelphia. there are a LOT of polling places and none more than a few minutes walk on foot.

hour long lines or whatever on voting day aren't really a thing there- but that's not exactly true for the suburbs. there are way less polling places in the inner and outer suburbs and they're farther apart, occasionally far enough that you'd want to drive.

SEPTA's suburban transit is a different union though, and not on strike.

royalan

that's still true for philadelphia. there are a LOT of polling places and none more than a few minutes walk on foot.

hour long lines or whatever on voting day aren't really a thing there- but that's not exactly true for the suburbs. there are way less polling places in the inner and outer suburbs and they're farther apart, occasionally far enough that you'd want to drive.

SEPTA's suburban transit is a different union though, and not on strike.

If SEPTA is on strike come Tuesday, it won't be getting to the poling places that will be the problem.

It'll be having enough time to vote before getting to work that will be the problem.

There's no Oppo. This election is way closer than it should be right now and for the first time I'm thinking she really could lose this.

Comey did some damage. I don't know how much, but I hope the bleeding stops

You know, I've never put someone on my ignore list before but I'm pretty close to it.

Diablos

True, but he's unlikely to run for the presidency and do anything worthwhile anytime soon now. Before this, $3 was the rising Republican star. Now he is little Marco.
Least of my concerns once again. Honestly, I'd rather have four years of Hillary and then four years of Rubio if I could see the future and choose between that or a Trump win.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's no Oppo. This election is way closer than it should be right now and for the first time I'm thinking she really could lose this.

Comey did some damage. I don't know how much, but I hope the bleeding stops

hDUaHtK.gif

My anxiety level is extremely low and my heart is beating so hard right now after those polls showing it within two points.

I need to calm down, but it's hard right now...

It's just, Trump winning means a war with Iran, a trade war with China, more police brutality, 6 million people taken from their homes, global warming ending up at 4 degrees Celsius and killing tons of people in Bangladesh and India... And he will probably sign Paul Ryan's bills to reverse the New Deal and his presidency opens up the chance for nuclear war with China or internment camps for Muslims. Not to mention he will surely order massive amounts of war crimes.

Syncytia

If SEPTA is on strike come Tuesday, it won't be getting to the poling places that will be the problem.

It'll be having enough time to vote before getting to work that will be the problem.

If SEPTA is still on strike/doesn't take a break for Tuesday, people really need to make a stink about it. Very good argument for having early voting.

Edit: Also my sister who recently moved to PA is pretty much like WTF I really have to go in person? Is this the fucking 1800s?

thought about that- but I don't think it's relevant. only about 30% of the city is entirely car-free.

SEPTA Regional Rail is running. but a little behind. maybe about a half hour and trains are packed. So if you're a city resident that uses those to get to work you're not impacted all that much.

Anyone else that relies on buses or the subways to get to work within the city- employers are well aware that SEPTA is down. no one is going to be on time for anything, anywhere.

Service based employers (retail, restaurant, etc) are going to be hit so hard by the lack of traffic they're lucky to be running regular hours anyway.

not my first strike, been living in the area for quite some time.

If you really want to take 10 minutes to vote before work, SEPTA being on strike isn't going to stop you.

Geg

PA actually has me worried now because of that strike. I hope everything goes smoothly.

Same, it feels like a lot of little things going wrong in Philly could hurt her chances in PA.

The early voting and GOTV stuff we've heard from NC and Florida keep me hopeful though

Right, because these latest polls mean nothing
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/11/clinton-leads-by-5-in-firewall-states.html

CO: C+5

MI: C+5

NC: C+2

NH: C+5

NV: C+3

PA: C+4

VA: C+5

WI: C+7

You need to chill. Maybe unplug yourself for a few days.

She's clearly got this. Can you be disappointed she isn't leading by more? Sure, I guess. It's a sad reality that 40% of America will vote for anyone with an R next to their name but them's the breaks.

She's winning by enough that it'll probably be an early night for the presidential race and we stand a reasonably good chance at winning the Senate majority (PPP's most recent round of polls has Feingold, Hassan, Masto and McGinty up and Ross and Kander in spitting distance). Election night will come and go and you'll wonder why you were ever worried.

Emarv

A bit ironic, as he made his name in this business by correctly calling all 50 states in 2008.
Totally. Kind of the statiscians dilemma. Don't pretend you're a soothsayer in case you're wrong because you're just saying the math, but then quietly accept the accolades when your numbers pan out. The difference is most scientists or statisticians don't make their entire business on those calls.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/11/clinton-leads-by-5-in-firewall-states.html

CO: C+5

MI: C+5

NC: C+2

NH: C+5

NV: C+3

PA: C+4

VA: C+5

WI: C+7

You need to chill. Maybe unplug yourself for a few days.

She's clearly got this. Can you be disappointed she isn't leading by more? Sure, I guess. It's a sad reality that 40% of America will vote for anyone with an R next to their name but them's the breaks.

She's winning by enough that it'll probably be an early night for the presidential race and we stand a reasonably good chance at winning the Senate majority (PPP's most recent round of polls has Feingold, Hassan, Masto and McGinty up and Ross and Kander in spitting distance). Election night will come and go and you'll wonder why you were ever worried.
Its Diablos. Worried is his default state.

I'm not one for violence, but that guy needs a good flogging.

Nullifying hundreds of thousands of votes for your own egotistical nonsense isn't right. Seriously, go trip on a knife you sanctimonious asshole.

You don't vote for President. You vote for people like that guy. Nobody's vote is getting nullified because the people of Washington are voting for him, not Hillary.

johnsmith

remember me
There's never been a single moment in the last 2 years that I have doubted Clinton would be the next president. You people need to chill.

Diablos

As someone who just finished graduate school at Penn State, Pennsylvania is trash. Burn the whole state down.
Pittsburgh is nice and so are some of the suburbs. I agree with you though. This place can be trash.

Central PA can be a... relaxing place but you have to get over the people sucking.

Eastern PA has really come into its own though. Overall we're not that awful. Just a very uh manic state

Pittsburgh is nice and so are some of the suburbs. I agree with you though. This place can be trash.

Central PA can be a... relaxing place but you have to get over the people sucking.

I hate football, beer, Republicans, and ticks. Central PA is the worst. I do like parts of Pittsburgh though. However, Philly sucks. There's no redeeming it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom