• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

http://www.nbc26.com/news/national/electoral-college-voter-said-he-will-nott-vote-for-clinton

CwdE6yrW8AAuqs_.jpg

Diablos

There's no Oppo. This election is way closer than it should be right now and for the first time I'm thinking she really could lose this.

Comey did some damage. I don't know how much, but I hope the bleeding stops

Hopfrog

Hopium: Hillary will be executed if Trump wins the presidency and Hillary is not campaigning like she's about to be executed.

Like, legitimately, no playing, I cannot believe we have a situation where a major party candidate who has rallies where his audience openly calls for his opponent's execution, and he does nothing to stop it, has a decent shot at winning the election.

Paches

There's no Oppo. This election is way closer than it should be right now and for the first time I'm thinking she really could lose this.

What are your thoughts on Hillary going under 270 due to the Washington state elector not voting for Hill?

GhaleonEB

He said on the podcast they will stop adding polls on Monday at midnight and Tuesday morning he will have a post on the website with his final model. According to him, he's not "calling anything". Essentially the model says what it says and if you want to call that "the call" than it is. Basically he's trying to cover his bases by saying it's only 65% or whatever. Scientifically, that's the correct way to say it but other model analysts are more confident in how they word it. We'll see how he writes the post.

He and Wang both agree though that they're gonna get a few Senate races wrong because it's just so close in a few of them. So even if they call them all, it's important to note it's just a coin toss right now and luck.

A bit ironic, as he made his name in this business by correctly calling all 50 states in 2008.

If they are telling NBC then they have already penetrated their systems but haven't done any damage. The damage will come if election disruptions from Russia happens. This is just a warning.

Sorry, that's convoluted. I was making pizza in between reading GAF, which compromises both activities.

Yeah, they've already infiltrated those systems. I wouldn't be surprised if Russia already knew it, but doesn't exactly know how, or where and refuses to take things offline to search.

By damage, I mean simply infiltrating their systems. I doubt the US is really interested in shutting off electrical grids to Putin's palace, or his girlfriend's apartment. They certainly don't care about scrambling transportation systems, or communication outlets.

To me, it's sabre-rattling, letting them know we have tentacles in systems they've probably forgotten they even have. Russia, despite having a halfway decent arsenal of nukes and tanks, isn't a very well run military, and an even shakier economy. Simply shutting down pumping rigs for a couple days would be enough to cause bank runs, and since the govt controls most banks, that would be quite a shock to a population that is less than a generation removed from the bad memories of Yeltsin.

Paches

So, let's say this WA elector doesn't vote for Hillary or Trump. Is he bound to only the choices on the ballot? Who can he even vote for?

WA has laws that forbid it. Should be the least of our concerns

I should know that living here my entire life, I will have to look that up.

Grexeno

This is all the proof you need that Hillary has 0 chance of losing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is the elector just going to vote for Bernie?

He just won't vote unless his vote is actually necessary, in which case he will vote for Clinton even if he claims he won't. He's trying to get attention.

royalan

Strike doesn't really matter all that much in terms of voting, honestly.

its a bigger deal for the suburbs, but transit is running there.

Honestly, after the HELL center city has been this week I don't know about that.

Getting anywhere takes a long ass time even if you DON'T use public transit. The streets are so congested.

And parking? Better set aside an extra hour for that.

I can imagine a lot of people not taking the time to vote just to get to work on time.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
You know I just realized. Trump has basically single handedly destroyed Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Paul Ryan, maybe Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and more's political career. He is truly the saviour of the democrats :O

thebloo

Trump has not lead a REAL national poll since September, before Hillary's clone died.

Chill, she's got it. Panic about the Senate, that's less apocalyptic.

You know I just realized. Trump has basically single handedly destroyed Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Paul Ryan, maybe Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and more's political career. He is truly the saviour of the democrats :O

They kinda helped.
hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom