• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

I hate football, beer, Republicans, and ticks. Central PA is the worst. I do like parts of Pittsburgh though. However, Philly sucks. There's no redeeming it.
Pittsburgh and the surrounding suburbs are the only place to be. I'm glad I live here. If I move it will be out of state.
Although I could probably settle for Eastern PA. Maybe not in the heart of Philly but in the surrounding counties.

Syncytia

Pittsburgh is nice and so are some of the suburbs. I agree with you though. This place can be trash.

Central PA can be a... relaxing place but you have to get over the people sucking.

Eastern PA has really come into its own though. Overall we're not that awful. Just a very uh manic state

Your alcohol buying laws are so weird that nothing else makes up for it.

Touchdown

Banned
There's never been a single moment in the last 2 years that I have doubted Clinton would be the next president. You people need to chill.

I like the cut of your jib.

image.php

If Hillary wins FL she literally only needs CO and NV to win.

Trump can get OH, NH, WI, PA, NC, etc and it won't mean shit.

You can mess around and have her lose FL and PA because of fuckery and still get an electoral map in her favor, that's how narrow a path Trump has. (but lets not, please)

Pittsburgh and the surrounding suburbs are the only place to be. I'm glad I live here. If I move it will be out of state.
Although I could probably settle for Eastern PA. Maybe not in the heart of Philly but in the surrounding counties.

The ONLY place to be?

Come on, Son. Yinzers need to get out more to the PHL, see what livin IS

Your alcohol buying laws are so weird that nothing else makes up for it.

they've relaxed substantially under governor Wolf. and in some ways they're better than Jersey.

Why do people park in the middle of the roads in Philly?

And who makes the better Cheesesteak? Pat or Geno? I had Geno's when I was there; is it covered in Trump stuff these days?

Diablos

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/11/clinton-leads-by-5-in-firewall-states.html

CO: C+5

MI: C+5

NC: C+2

NH: C+5

NV: C+3

PA: C+4

VA: C+5

WI: C+7

You need to chill. Maybe unplug yourself for a few days.

She's clearly got this. Can you be disappointed she isn't leading by more? Sure, I guess. It's a sad reality that 40% of America will vote for anyone with an R next to their name but them's the breaks.

She's winning by enough that it'll probably be an early night for the presidential race and we stand a reasonably good chance at winning the Senate majority (PPP's most recent round of polls has Feingold, Hassan, Masto and McGinty up and Ross and Kander in spitting distance). Election night will come and go and you'll wonder why you were ever worried.
These are just the PPP polls though. I wonder how many more we'll get before Tuesday?

I appreciate what you're saying but I don't think anyone two weeks ago thought that the race would be this close, do you? How can we say for sure Comey had no effect for example? What else could it be? GOPers coming home? They were not going to vote for Trump when the Access Hollywood tape dropped. Now all of the sudden they're coming home. Something had to boost their morale. It's not Trump's way with words...

Fuck the Flyers

Go Pens

*is Canadian XD*

Looks like the money isn't the only thing looney up there.

simmer down.

Wasserman

Top TX early vote increases vs. '12, thru Day 11:

1. Travis (D) +66%
2. El Paso (D) +62%
3. Williamson (R) +59%
4. Cameron (D) +51%

yeah, texas is the BIG story here but no one is paying attention to it. Dem turnout is absolutely fucking ridiculous. it's ahead of republican turnout, which has never happened- at least not in modern political history.

Why do people park in the middle of the roads in Philly?

And who makes the better Cheesesteak? Pat or Geno? I had Geno's when I was there; is it covered in Trump stuff these days?

1.) it's a legacy thing in south philly that's hard to reverse because traditionally politicians ignored it- now the residents there have far too many cars for the actual space down there by default, and that's difficult to correct. They've gotten rid of the insane double and triple parking thing that used to go on down there at least.

2.) both are trash for tourists. any number of local places will make you something superior for less money and less nonsense.

I don't see how the fundamentals of the election have changed. In June, everyone was talking about the 43-45% of Americans who are terrible human beings who would eventually just vote for Trump, and look where he's at in the aggregate polling.

Nothing about that changed at all through pollster fluctuations. The worst case scenario was that Trump would get 45% of the vote, and that was never enough to win the electoral college. Ever.

Now, I'm really bullish on Clinton winning by eight points or more because the stuff that people like Manmademan and some folks like Ralston have been saying re: minority turnout and Democratic turnout make me think that the pollsters might actually whiff by about three-and-a-half points like they did in 2012. Heck, they might whiff by more in Clinton's direction. But even if that doesn't happen, Trump was never fucking winning. I get being worried because he and his supporters are monsters, but once you get over your nervousness and look at the state of the race and the data we've had, he was always going to lose barring insane voter fraud that everyone would notice.

I turn off from the election on weekends for my own sanity. So I'll just get this out of the way.

O oppo, oppo! Wherefore art thou oppo?

I have come here to see oppo and kick ass... and I'm all out of oppo.

People of Earth... lend me your oppo!

Oppo is a dish best served cold, and it's very cold in New Hampshire.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
MANMADEMAN how can you be SO SURE

It is INSANE

I mean I get that with NPA we HOPE they break 55% or so to Hillary in NC and FL but how can you be SOOOO SURE

There could be huge turnout on Election Day from R voters

There could be weak turnout on Election Day from D voters

There could be so many things and you are SOOO SURE

These are just the PPP polls though. I wonder how many more we'll get before Tuesday?

I appreciate what you're saying but I don't think anyone two weeks ago thought that the race would be this close, do you? How can we say for sure Comey had no effect for example? What else could it be? GOPers coming home? They were not going to vote for Trump when the Access Hollywood tape dropped. Now all of the sudden they're coming home. Something had to boost their morale. It's not Trump's way with words...
This same shit happened in 2012

I'm not surprised

Syncytia

they've relaxed substantially under governor Wolf. and in some ways they're better than Jersey.

This past year was my first time going I was old enough to drink. I just couldn't help but laugh at the different sections for beer and wine in stores.

The Church Brewery in Pittsburgh is pretty awesome, such a cool place to have a brewery/restaurant in.

MANMADEMAN how can you be SO SURE

It is INSANE

I mean I get that with NPA we HOPE they break 55% or so to Hillary in NC and FL but how can you be SOOOO SURE

There could be huge turnout on Election Day from R voters

There could be weak turnout on Election Day from D voters

There could be so many things and you are SOOO SURE

Because I just came back from 5,815 minutes in the future.

There is no Trump Presidency.

Guys, we did this 4 years ago.

Remember when I explained to y'all why Obama was winning and there's nothing to worry about.

I spent all fucking month explaining why we're good.

I have't done it this time because I figured you learned.

But we're good. Trump has no path to winning. Hillary will win Florida, Nv, Pa, Col, Va, Mi, Wis, and any other state you think she has to win.

If you're still worried, get people to the polls.

Diablos

I know but I feel like I need to be the grownup here

And I'm 25
I talked to someone who is 43 today and about as worried as me. I think it's because Donald Trump of all fucking people is narrowing the gap. He has next to ZERO GOTV and he is doing this good?

If that elector fucks something up or inspires others to fuck something up, I will have no sympathy for him.
Haven't they all had to pledge that they will cast their vote for the winner by now? They missed their chance

Nafai1123

Banned
I turn off from the election on weekends for my own sanity. So I'll just get this out of the way.

O oppo, oppo! Wherefore art thou oppo?

I have come here to see oppo and kick ass... and I'm all out of oppo.

People of Earth... lend me your oppo!

Oppo is a dish best served cold, and it's very cold in New Hampshire.

I'm here to chew bubble gum and droppo the oppo, and I'm all out of oppo.

Modbot locked the Wash. elector thread because he didn't know why it was bumped. However, as someone posted above, there was a news story from today saying the guy is now saying he's definitely not going to vote for her.

thebloo

Most of the press chose not to cover the alleged rape trial of Trump. Now that the woman is backing down, they are.

And the Daily Fail is also running pictures of her because they're a fucking rag.

Syncytia

Maps on CNN/MSNBC have been so annoying this past week.

Might as well say, well, it could go 300 EV to Trump. It's not probable but it's technically possible so fuck it, we'll just say whatever we want.

Most of the press chose not to cover the alleged rape trial of Trump. Now that the woman is backing down, they are.

And the Daily Fail is also running pictures of her because they're a fucking rag.

The Daily Mail branded UK justices as traitors (to be executed maybe?) just yesterday, such a strong magazine.

I talked to someone who is 43 today and about as worried as me. I think it's because Donald Trump of all fucking people is narrowing the gap. He has next to ZERO GOTV and he is doing this good?

Haven't they all had to pledge that they will cast their vote for the winner by now? They missed their chance

Doing better in polls and GOTV are very, very different things

Kusagari

Steve Schale ‏@steveschale 50m50 minutes ago

Soooo. Almost 47K people voted in Broward County today. Hint: That is a lot. Like 6-7K better than the best day of the year.

That is enormous. There's nothing Democrats can hope for more than running up the vote in Broward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom