• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloo

I talked to someone who is 43 today and about as worried as me. I think it's because Donald Trump of all fucking people is narrowing the gap. He has next to ZERO GOTV and he is doing this good?

Haven't they all had to pledge that they will cast their vote for the winner?

What has GOTV got to do with polling? I can be enthused and banging the drum about Trump all day long and have no idea how to register or where to vote.

HTupolev

Might as well say, well, it could go 300 EV to Trump.
Seems legit.

sepLxbG.png

Boke1879

Steve Schale ‏@steveschale 50m50 minutes ago

Soooo. Almost 47K people voted in Broward County today. Hint: That is a lot. Like 6-7K better than the best day of the year.

That is enormous. There's nothing Democrats can hope for more than running up the vote in Broward.

EV ends on Sunday in Florida right?

HylianTom

Banned
Guys, we did this 4 years ago.

Remember when I explained to y'all why Obama was winning and there's nothing to worry about.

I spent all fucking month explaining why we're good.

I have't done it this time because I figured you learned.

But we're good. Trump has no path to winning. Hillary will win Florida, Nv, Pa, Col, Va, Mi, Wis, and any other state you think she has to win.

If you're still worried, get people to the polls.
Yup.

We've got this. The main question marks are the margin of electoral victory and the Senate itself.

I'm still excited about the idea that we don't quite know the full effect that Trump's lack of data/ground operation is going to have, especially in contrast with Hillary's record-setting behemoth machine. We could end-up with an undeniably impressive electoral margin and 53 Senate seats.

Tuesday night is going to be FUN.

Drew Linzer ‏@DrewLinzer 15m15 minutes ago
Drew Linzer Retweeted PollyVote
People who study this stuff know what data points to what outcomes. A Trump win would belie a wide range of theory and evidence.

Linzer is basically saying a Trump win would probably mean we'd have to throw everything we know about data out the window.

Modbot locked the Wash. elector thread because he didn't know why it was bumped. However, as someone posted above, there was a news story from today saying the guy is now saying he's definitely not going to vote for her.

I bumped it because it appears the race was tightening, many said earlier one electroral vote wouldn't matter..now it has a bit more relevance.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
FOUR MORE SLEEPS until we KNOW THE NEXT PRESIDENT

What am I going to do with my time

I check this thread basically every ten seconds

And now that I discovered McDonald, Schale, and Godcohn on Twitter I check TWITTER every ten seconds and I HATE twitter

I wake up now at 2AM in a cold sweat and check my work emails and then twitter and then this thread

I'm going to get back like 18 hours a day of my life

FOUR MORE SLEEPS until we KNOW THE NEXT PRESIDENT

What am I going to do with my time

I check this thread basically every ten seconds

And now that I discovered McDonald, Schale, and Godcohn on Twitter I check TWITTER every ten seconds and I HATE twitter

I wake up now at 2AM in a cold sweat and check my work emails and then twitter and then this thread

I'm going to get back like 18 hours a day of my life

4 more sleeps? How can you say that after what happened in 2000! This thing could go on indefinitely!

Cat

Maps on CNN/MSNBC have been so annoying this past week.

Might as well say, well, it could go 300 EV to Trump. It's not probable but it's technically possible so fuck it, we'll just say whatever we want.

This explains a couple of recent conversations I've had with my mom. I was like, "where are you getting this?" She told me CNN/MSNBC, and I was like, and "where are THEY getting this?"

I told her I've even been checking this topic since then because ya'll are informed about this stuff.

I bumped it because it appears the race was tightening, many said earlier one electroral vote wouldn't matter..now it has a bit more relevance.

The map where one EV matters is essentially impossible. It would require a very specific layout of states that would contradict each other (for example, winning Nevada, but not Florida, which demographically wouldn't make a lot of sense)

Diablos

This explains a couple of recent conversations I've had with my mom. I was like, "where are you getting this?" She told me CNN/MSNBC, and I was like, and "where are THEY getting this?"

I told her I've even been checking this topic since then because ya'll are informed about this stuff.
Your avatar... I actually haven't played let alone thought about FFXIII so much that I can't remember her name. Holy crap

Remember when I explained to y'all why Obama was winning and there's nothing to worry about.

But we're good. Trump has no path to winning. Hillary will win Florida, Nv, Pa, Col, Va, Mi, Wis, and any other state you think she has to win.

But Reagan won PA in 1988 which means if Trump wins New Hampshire he wins Nevada as well and he wins Iowa but loses Ohio and wins the swing state of Delaware which means its over! he's gonna win so much we're not gonna want to win anymore!

I haven't heard anything about Iowa lately; how has early voting been going?

I wrote off Iowa a long time ago, but I do remember seeing early voting had been good for dems?

The map where one EV matters is essentially impossible. It would require a very specific layout of states that would contradict each other (for example, winning Nevada, but not Florida, which demographically wouldn't make a lot of sense)

Exactly.

States aren't all little islands that could go one way or another like a coin flip. If Trump wins the latino vote to such a degree that he wins nevada- or they all sit out the election en masse (which is NOT happening...at all) then you would expect the similar behavior from latinos in florida, new mexico, texas, etc etc. There would be a chain reaction that ignored state lines.

This is most of the reason why I called bullshit on the "black voters are sitting out early voting in FL" news story- it was so drastically down that you would have expected to see it everywhere...but there wasn't any indication of it. Interest was pretty high everywhere sans NC, which had serious issues with voter suppression.

and surprise surprise...the story was bunk.

But Reagan won PA in 1988 which means if Trump wins New Hampshire he wins Nevada as well and he wins Iowa but loses Ohio and wins the swing state of Delaware which means its over! he's gonna win so much we're not gonna want to win anymore!

Are you SURE about that? :D

Y2Kev

wtf is subtweeting

how bad do you think the tweets will be during Tuesday day about massive turnout in republican districts

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

But we've got states like WI, VA, MI, and PA that have voter ID laws that they didn't in 2012.

Syncytia

Obama just called out people looking at polls and freaking out hahaha.

"No, you just gotta vote!"

I forget the guys name on CNN that prompted me to post, but he actually said "It's not probable, but it could happen" about his map with Trump winning.

wtf is subtweeting

how bad do you think the tweets will be during Tuesday day about massive turnout in republican districts
Talking about someone on Twitter who also has a Twitter account without @mentioning them (putting their username in your Tweet) so they can see it and actually know you're talking about them. Basically, the Twitter equivalent of talking about someone behind their back.

Cat

Your avatar... I actually haven't played let alone thought about FFXIII so much that I can't remember her name. Holy crap

Her name is Fang, and she was my favorite character in the game and is one of my favorite FF characters period.

Y2Kev

Manmademan, you say FL is not even close and yet Steve Schale says it is. He's an expert. WHY ARE YOU SO CONFIDENT I JUST CANT KNOW

Her name is Fang, and she was my favorite character in the game and is one of my favorite FF characters period.

i liked fang, I think it was the accent.

I always used her as my party lead whenever I could.

Manmademan, you say FL is not even close and yet Steve Schale says it is. He's an expert. WHY ARE YOU SO CONFIDENT I JUST CANT KNOW

Maybe I am Steve Schale.

did I just blow your mind?

User1608

Banned
Obama just called out people looking at polls and freaking out hahaha.

"No, you just gotta vote!"

I forget the guys name on CNN that prompted me to post, but he actually said "It's not probable, but it could happen" about his map with Trump winning.
Obama's got the right message!! Love this man!!

Don't freak out guys, I got faith in you!

Any scenario where Trump wins is bordering on "impossible" territory right now.

He needs to flip PA, FL, or NV...and all of these are out of reach right now using a number of metrics.

Not just polls right? I remember benchmark pol uses demos that still shows Nevada/FL etc trending clintons way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom