• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this election closer than 2012...

Polls were worse for Obama

I mean I think this race is closer than it should be as I hoped Hilary could win by like 15, but I'll take the 6 point win I think she will get. I strangely feel more confident with liberals bedwetting though to get their asses to the polls.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
anyone scared yet
Nah. If Trump had a modern data driven operation, maybe I'd sweat it, but even then, women and Latinos are going to deliver this thing. As is, I think he's going to get fucking clowned on. Everybody needs to vote, but this is over.

Knocked on some doors in Mid-Missouri today for my local Democratic HQ. Hillary unfortunately cannot win here so we pushed Jason Kander in the Senate race and Chris Koster in the Gov's race. Volunteering like this really helped my anxiety levels.

These redneck, white trash Trumpsters here in mid-MO have been so brainwashed by Trump's "drain the swamp" anthem, they are helping Jason Kander bigly. We talked to approximately 125 people today and the question that was repeated the most was "who is the incumbent?".

#DrainTheSwamp!
lol, that's awesome. Great to see that rhetoric backfiring.

And thanks for your hard work! Every bit definitely helps! ^__^

For y'all watching GA, early voting has broken records this year.

As far as demos go watch women and the margins they end up running.

Early voting is breaking records EVERYWHERE.

no one seems to mention this though, instead choosing to fret over shit tier polls that say the race is within two points.

UraMallas

I have Hillary getting 334-204. I'm pessimistic on Iowa and Ohio.

You should be pessimistic about Iowa. Iowa isn't happening.

FYI:

Iy6741C.png

I volunteered to make a bunch of calls this weekend for my local Democratic HQ. I've never volunteered to do the phone thing. Is there a script they usually give you and then do they usually focus on registered Democrats or how does this work. Basically I'm asking what can I expect?

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Demon's Souls is so much than all the Dark Souls games. It had too many memorable characters and I liked the level design more.
Demon's Souls is the best. Hands down. For me it stands up there with the likes of Super Mario World and Half-Life 2. I love the Dark Souls games, but man... Demon's Souls has an atmosphere that can't be touched.

/off topic semi drunken gushing

Syncytia

Wait Wang isn't at 100% anymore?

FUCK

Also just found out the Washington elector who won't vote for Hillary was a Bernie supporter. As a former Bernie guy, fuck you guy.

Not going to lie, sheets are still a little damp. I hope NPAs are not youngins being edgy and voting trump

o come on, millennials hate trump. we know this from every poll we've seen since september 2015.

I volunteered to make a bunch of calls this weekend for my local Democratic HQ. I've never volunteered to do the phone thing. Is there a script they usually give you and then do they usually focus on registered Democrats or how does this work. Basically I'm asking what can I expect?

Yes there is a script.

Smile when you call. It's a lot easier when you do that.

xeris

There should be a script and if it's like the one I did and the canvasing I've been doing it'll be a mix of registered Democrats and people that at some time indicated to the party that they lean Democrat. At this point we're past cold calls and doing strictly GOTV.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Bernie's campaign was a shitshow. Seriously. After picking the trash delegates for the convention...

ahhhh

https://apnews.com/37dc7aef0ce44077930b7436be7bfd0d

WASHINGTON (AP) — Melania Trump was paid for 10 modeling jobs in the United States worth $20,056 that occurred in the seven weeks before she had legal permission to work in the country, according to detailed accounting ledgers, contracts and related documents from 20 years ago provided to The Associated Press.

The details of Mrs. Trump's early paid modeling work in the U.S. emerged in the final days of a bitter presidential campaign in which her husband, Donald Trump, has taken a hard line on immigration laws and those who violate them. Trump has proposed broader use of the government's E-verify system allowing employers to check whether job applicants are authorized to work. He has noted that federal law prohibits illegally paying immigrants.

Mrs. Trump, who received a green card in March 2001 and became a U.S. citizen in 2006, has always maintained that she arrived in the country legally and never violated the terms of her immigration status. During the presidential campaign, she has cited her story to defend her husband's hard line on immigration.

The wife of the GOP presidential nominee, who sometimes worked as a model under just her first name, has said through an attorney that she first came to the U.S. from Slovenia on Aug. 27, 1996, on a B1/B2 visitor visa and then obtained an H-1B work visa on Oct. 18, 1996.

The documents obtained by the AP show she was paid for 10 modeling assignments between Sept. 10 and Oct. 15, during a time when her visa allowed her generally to be in the U.S. and look for work but not perform paid work in the country. The documents examined by the AP indicate that the modeling assignments would have been outside the bounds of her visa.

LOOOOL

https://apnews.com/37dc7aef0ce44077930b7436be7bfd0d
http://www.wsj.com/articles/nationa...m-playboy-models-affair-allegation-1478309380

The company that owns the National Enquirer, a backer of Donald Trump, agreed to pay $150,000 to a former Playboy centerfold model for her story of an affair a decade ago with the Republican presidential nominee, but then didn’t publish it, according to documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal and people familiar with the matter.

The tabloid-newspaper publisher reached an agreement in early August with Karen McDougal, the 1998 Playmate of the Year. American Media Inc., which owns the Enquirer, hasn’t published anything about what she has told friends was a consensual romantic relationship she had with Mr. Trump in 2006. At the time, Mr. Trump was married to his current wife, Melania.

Quashing stories that way is known in the tabloid world as “catch and kill.”

In a written statement, the company said it wasn’t buying Ms. McDougal’s story for $150,000, but rather two years’ worth of her fitness columns and magazine covers as well as exclusive life rights to any relationship she has had with a then-married man. “AMI has not paid people to kill damaging stories about Mr. Trump,” the statement said.

Hope Hicks, a Trump campaign spokeswoman, said of the agreement with Ms. McDougal: “We have no knowledge of any of this.” She said that Ms. McDougal’s claim of an affair with Mr. Trump was “totally untrue.”

Ms. McDougal expected her story about Mr. Trump to be published, people familiar with the matter said. American Media didn’t intend to run it, said another person familiar with the matter. Ms. McDougal didn’t return calls for comment.

Double whammy for Melania.

Wilsongt

Trump surrogate Rudy Giuliani backpedaled Friday afternoon, claiming that he never had advance knowledge of the letter sent by FBI Director James Comey.

Giuliani affirmed that he had spoken to nobody currently working at the FBI and that his cryptic promises last week that there was a game-changing surprise coming was not a reference to Comey’s missive telling Congress about the discovery of additional emails related to the Clinton investigation.

Lol

Slayven

Bernie's campaign was a shitshow. Seriously. After picking the trash delegates for the convention...

o come on, millennials hate trump. we know this from every poll we've seen since september 2015.

Yes there is a script.

Smile when you call. It's a lot easier when you do that.

I will probably not be right until she hits 270

i think everyone assumed this one to be true some time ago.

If she was any kind of asset to the Trump campaign this might be a big deal- but as it is, she's been a bust. No one sees her as anything more than a gold digging trophy wife with a funny accent.

I saw an amusing anecdote that was making the rounds recently with someone saying "ann romney prancing around on rafalca with a diamond studded bridle would STILL be more relatable than melania trump" and it's absolutely, positively true.

Ann at least came off as human. Melania seems like a russian femme-bot programmed to plagiarize speeches.

i think everyone assumed this one to be true some time ago.

If she was any kind of asset to the Trump campaign this might be a big deal- but as it is, she's been a bust. No one sees her as anything more than a gold digging trophy wife with a funny accent.

I saw an amusing anecdote that was making the rounds recently with someone saying "ann romney prancing around on rafalca with a diamond studded bridle would STILL be more relatable than melania trump" and it's absolutely, positively true.

Ann at least came off as human. Melania seems like a russian femme-bot programmed to plagiarize speeches.

I don't think it'll matter. I just think it's hilarious. And sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom