• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. I don't have a sign for Hillary outside of my home and neither do any of my friends. But we have phone banked like crazy for her. We'll talk to people about her if the issue pops up but apart from that we keep our political preference to ourselves. Hell when everyone and their mother had an Obama sign in my neighborhood in 2008 I still didn't put one out and I was 100% for him after the Primary. People are free to do whatever they like on their property but its just not my thing.

It seems like the attraction of yard signs has an inverse relationship with general intelligence in a swing state. No matter who you're for, I'd wager you've increased the likelihood of targeted vandalism several times over by putting up a yard sign.

Grief.exe

The irony is Hispanics would have been a great demographic for Republicans if they didn't fly off the rails in the last twenty years.

Maybe if they reform to a center-right party again they can enjoy some of this delicious Guacamole.

In the meantime, arriba!

giphy.gif

It seems like the attraction of yard signs has an inverse relationship with general intelligence in a swing state. No matter who you're for, I'd wager you've increased the likelihood of targeted vandalism several times over by putting up a yard sign.
The only person who has ever taken a yard sign from me is my 90 year old neighbor. Because she wanted it for herself. So, she just grabbed it, knocked on my door and said "I want this."

She also took a Bernie sign I had from the convention pack and wrote under "Bernie" "now wants Hillary" And she put it in the window, although I think she took that one down.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Is it fair to say polling may be off due to all the new hispanic voters that didn't exist in 2008/2012 models?

Franklin and Cuyahoga counties (strong Democrats) are up in early voting I believe. And the initiative this weekend with the Jay Z/Bey concert and LeBron's thing on Sunday might encourage more Democrats to vote.

Obama won Hamilton County (Cincinnati) by 6%, about 27,000 votes, in 2012; I pulled the early voter data today and ran comps from this year to the same period in 2012.

yqD17Px.png

Do keep in mind that Party ID in Ohio is less reliable than most places that have it, though.

AniHawk

Do I smell a little hopium in here?

nc, nv, nh, and fl are on lock

pa, wi, and mi aren't swing states (i would say nv really isn't either)

for a bigger blowout, i'm looking at taking ohio and iowa to at least come close to matching 2008.

for a real blowout, let's take arizona, georgia, and maybe alaska.

still going with a 7 point win:

50 hrc
43 djt
5 gaj
1 jws
1 other

Hillary Clinton is only appearing at 1 event tomorrow? I guess she really does lack stamina.

She'll be at the Katy concert.

Also tomorrow is the Ed Rendell/Katie McGinty/Debra Messing/Cyndi Lauper Philly gay bar crawl after the Katy concert. Just fucking amazing.

FL is the only state I will never say is a lock, while I feel really good about it I just never can fully detach myself to the chance of Florida pulling a Florida. I'm more confident in it then I was in 2012, but never will be a lock until polls are closed.

According to Politico (I know, but it's a GOP operative), Trump hired some ground people in Florida today. TODAY. 3 days before the election.
tumblr_m03qjdYkS71qiexflo1_500.gif

Wallach

According to Politico (I know, but it's a GOP operative), Trump hired some ground people in Florida today. TODAY. 3 days before the election.

he thought GOTV stood for gregarious orwellian television

no wonder he thought he was winning big league

There's also a GOP congressman and Trump supporter who is getting people together to canvass multiple states for Trump. (I can't find the tweet)

He managed to get 23 people to go to like 7 states.

JackDT

"Hilary can't be trusted to handle secure information. I know this because other people who are supposed to handle secure information leaked it to me. But those guys are patriots."

Caught some cable news tonight at the YMCA. The past two days Giuliani just couldn't resist bragging about how connected with the FBI he was and how he knew all about the Clinton investigation. Tonight he's walking everything back and doing the circuit of shows saying he just mispoke, he meant he just talks to *retired* FBI agents. lol

Imagine if the FBI was leaking information on Trump to the Clinton campaign, and her campaign coordinator confirmed it on live TV. Imagine the reaction. They would burn down the world.

TheFatOne

Is it fair to say polling may be off due to all the new hispanic voters that didn't exist in 2008/2012 models?
Could very well be a major factor. Bad polling of Hispanics in key states giving the appearance that this race was close. It's the reason I think FL polling is going to be off by a bit.

Krowley

If Trump loses, it will be fitting that Hispanics play a key role in throwing him into the fire.

And it would absolutely, in the clearest possible terms, signal the death of any and all republican strategies that involve marginalizing or demonizing immigrants.

tumblr_m03qjdYkS71qiexflo1_500.gif

This is a silly thing to do three days before a GE, but keep in mind that RPOF and RNC have always had a crew running Trump's GOTV operation here. Obviously, they're not built to handle the job all by themselves, but they're competent from what I hear, and they've been on the ground since at least September.

It won't save him, but from what i've heard it was meant to provide a buffer for the down-ballot and provide coat-tails for Trump as a spill-over effect.

Retro

The only person who has ever taken a yard sign from me is my 90 year old neighbor. Because she wanted it for herself. So, she just grabbed it, knocked on my door and said "I want this."

That's freakin' adorable.

Related Question: Isn't a yuge part of Trump's warchest being spent on swag (hats, signs, etc.), perhaps explaining why Trump signs seem to be everywhere?

Mark Hamill really saves Arkham Knight, it's probably one of my favorite performances in a game in many years. The UI is amazing and the game tries a fuckton of different stuff, but then there's just lots of mediocre Batmobile stuff.

Anyway, not sure if it's good that a Batman game has mostly gotten me excited for Episode 8, but I guess that's how it goes sometimes?

This is a silly thing to do three days before a GE, but keep in mind that RPOF and RNC have always had a crew running Trump's GOTV operation here. Obviously, they're not built to handle the job all by themselves, but they're competent from what I hear, and they've been on the ground since at least September.

It won't save him, but from what i've heard it was meant to provide a buffer for the down-ballot and provide coat-tails for Trump as a spill-over effect.

Right, but he hasn't been giving the state party money for the entire month of October. They're doing it with funds from the RNC and Trump's been giving them shit too. The party is doing a lot of the heavy lifting, but they're, from what we can tell, just turning out their regular voters. Pretty much each R in the state is depending on the state party. It's an interesting (read: stupid) strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom