• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

avaya

Wait wait wait is the total vote in from Miami-Dade EV going to surpass 90% of the TOTAL 2012 vote of 890k......

Is Miami Dade going to smash >70% turnout?

Broward is trending the fucking same.....

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Also, Trump's schedule for today seems really stupid even setting aside the early voting firewalls for a moment. Just the logistics of visiting Nevada, Colorado, North Carolina and Florida in a day seem ridiculously inefficient.

Depends what you want it to be efficient at. For campaigning? Nope. For maximising the amount of campaign money that goes into Trump's own coffers? Damned efficient. Costs a lot to keep a plane flying, especially a Trump one.

HylianTom

Banned
woEBP.png

This is precisely where I am.

On the Senate:
Hold: Nevada
Flip: New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Wisconsin, North Carolina
Unsure, but I'll guess GOP: Missouri, Indiana, Florida

And on that last category, I am truly unsure. It ties-in to my "where is the ceiling?" question. At the same time, I am not hopeless on these races.

For Florida, for instance, we don't know the loyalties of these new low-propensity voters that the Clinton campaign is obviously successful in turning out. We know how reliable voters act, but the electoral habits of these new voters aren't as researched/measured. If they're straight-ticket Dem voters and the Senate race is a matter of a few points, I'd love to see Murphy shock us all.

For Indiana and Missouri, I want to know how motivated Dem turnout will be. I also want to know if the polls showing Bayh going down were taken during a time period where response rates were dampened by the Weiner laptop news (even though I think Bayh is goin' down).

We're getting the Senate back. But I still greedily hold-onto slim hope for a surprise or two in our favor on Tuesday night.

sazzy

will PoliGAF be bedwetting in this thread or the OT election thread on Tuesday?

edit-

NYTimes teasing oppo drop?

hJOVnR.png

Jonathan Martin of NYTimes wrote this stuff above, which I've quoted.

He just retweeted this tweet:

HZXi9O.png

edit

unfortunately, I have a bad feeling it might be an fbi oppo drop; CNN played a clip of donald saying, from yesterday, "amazing news about the emails coming".

HZXi9O.png

edit

unfortunately, I have a bad feeling it might be an fbi oppo drop; CNN played a clip of donald saying, from yesterday, "amazing news about the emails coming".

Friday before election is gone.

Yea, I hope this isn't anything related to FBI/emails. Shit's got me worried again after the EV hopium.

Eric Bradner ‏@ericbradner 56m56 minutes ago
Nevada early vote figures:

Dems won Clark County by 72K, or 13.7 points.

A GOP official told me Trump could afford to lose Clark by 6.

Is this going to be the story on Tuesday, how Trump completely underperformed?

Zukkoyaki

HZXi9O.png

edit

If it helps you feel better at all, Patrick Ruffini is a #NeverTrumper and that tweet from Adrian Gray came after going through a rundown of Bush internal polling in past elections. Also going through his feed he doesn't seem to be a fan of Trump at all either. As for what Trump was saying, he's pretty much a broken record when it comes to emails and was more than likely referring to the Fox news "indictment" story which was debunked later in the day yesterday.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It cant be anything bad about the emails because Hillary didn't do anything wrong. Keep the faith.

Grief.exe

Damn you guys are optimistic. I mean way more optimistic than anything I read when I step out of my Neogaf Distortion Bubble (and I don't mean just 538). God I hope nate is wrong.

It's a weird situation right now as we can look at dem turnout and diversity of the early vote and make educated guesses at the resilt, but Nate Silver is still hamstrung by bad polling and his ideology.

Several analysts have pointed out that it's clear from early voting that pollsters have not been weighting the Hispanic population correctly in their polling. Case in point, Nate Silver had Nevada as red the other day while we are looking at record early vote numbers in dem countys and by a very diverse NPA.

This would be a great positive ad to close with on TV, as opposed to the dark and depressing stuff both campaigns have been running with for the most part (aside from some of the shorter trump TV spots, which are positive).

Yup, definitely want Clinton to close positive.

Leave negative to Priorities USA.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Hillary didn't do anything wrong.
that's what they say about Hitler. And by they I mean 4chan.

Fake Edit: Hitlary didn't do anything wrong.
Fake Edit 2: a weird trump supporter gave my son 20$ "for his college fund" at dinner last night. He would not take no for an answer. Also pretty sure he was a white nationalist.

sazzy

If there is an oppo drop, my guess is:

the video made by ISIS feat. Donald Trump for recruiting people.

People have talked about that video, but no one has found it.

If anyone has it, it would be the government/intel people.

Guessing, again, based on Jonathan's write-up specifically mentioning the OBL video in 2004.

Pixieking

Banned
this is huge

SrFdxq.png

well, we've known this for some time.

Also, Clinton might be doing even better than recent polls let on because they did not oversample Hispanic voters.
In Florida, the Hispanic vote is largely split between Republican-leaning Cuban-Americans in the Miami area — whose numbers are relatively dwindling — and Democratic-leaning non-Cuban Hispanics, especially Puerto Ricans, whose numbers are skyrocketing in the Orlando area. So by under-sampling Florida Latinos, surveys can misreport overall Latino support, often in favor of Republicans because Cuban-American voters tend to have landline phones and are easier to reach for pollsters.
In polls that survey only Hispanic voters, Clinton is dominating Trump. A smartphone-based survey of Florida Hispanics conducted by Florida International University professor Eduardo Gamarra last week showed that Clinton was beating Trump by historic amounts, 74-15 percent. A poll for Univision conducted by Bendixen & Amandi International in July found Clinton winning the Latino vote by 61 to 21 percent.

http://www.politico.com/states/flor...ers-poses-problem-for-trump-in-florida-104717

polling latinos is expensive, and difficult. among those that have done it properly (in english and spanish, and heavy on cellphones) support for Trump is below the 20% range.

There is absolutely no way he gets anywhere near Romney's 27% final result. These voters are all extremely motivated to show up this year, and it's not to vote for "president Trump."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom