• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What if all the Latino vote is being exhausted now? What if party ID on Election Day is 80% R?

What if Latinos for Trump are all we have?

sazzy

trump = nil ground game

why is sean spicer saying:

clinton ground game + DNC ground game << RNC ground game??

Y2Kev

COME ON YOU SEPTA FUCKS

Slightly worried about NC even though it's not necessary. It would just be amazing insurance. I know every poll except the SUSA has her up (including private polling) but...still.

THREE MORE SLEEPS OMG

Y2Kev

It is pointless to go to NV. Early voting is over and he lost bigly.

He needs to be fucking the chicken in MI, FL, and PA. anything else is a WASTE OF TIME

COME ON YOU SEPTA FUCKS

Slightly worried about NC even though it's not necessary. It would just be amazing insurance. I know every poll except the SUSA has her up (including private polling) but...still.

THREE MORE SLEEPS OMG

Uh...I think we might need to start worrying about PA.

But not because of SEPTA.

"(We are going to) have some teams going into...Philly with 40s and weed to give out to the local residents, which we think will lead to more of them staying home.”

Neo Nazis to Infiltrate Philadelphia on Election Day

I'm shook. This is going to work.

I had a nightmare last night that California went red. Actually pretty much all the states just started going red on the magic wall. Only a few more nights of this

HylianTom

Banned
Spent some time with my heavily Republican family this week. They've bought the "Trump is closing/tied" narrative.

It looks like this is the sentiment on FreeRepublic and elsewhere as well.

They have no idea what's coming.

&#128579;

BSsBrolly

Banned
Spent some time with my heavily Republican family this week. They've bought the "Trump is closing/tied" narrative. They have no idea what's coming.

&#128579;

Personally, I'm hoping for 2012 levels of meltdown. Gonna reactivate my facebook to soak ot all up.

Spent some time with my heavily Republican family this week. They've bought the "Trump is closing/tied" narrative.

&#128579;

This really is the best thing.

get ready for "VOTER FRAUD" posts November 9th to pretty much forever though

&#128579;
I am so glad I live on the other side of the country from my family right now.

Zukkoyaki

This dude is a GOP Strategist who isn't buying that Ohio is lost for Clinton. He isn't the first to say internals showing better than public polls for Clinton there.

I think it'll be v close in OH. But won't matter as Trump loses FL and NC. (and VA, CO, MI, WI, PA, etc)

Zukkoyaki

I don't think Clinton would be wasting her time there right now if she thought it was lost. I think Iowa is gone though

Agreed on both accounts. I'm amazed by the number in the political world that are convinced that Ohio is gone yet her campaign is devoting an enormous amount of time and resources to it. The Jay Z and Beyonce concert rally last night should have been enough evidence.

Agreed on both accounts. I'm amazed by the number in the political world that are convinced that Ohio is gone yet her campaign is devoting an enormous amount of time and resources to it. The Jay Z and Beyonce concert rally last night should have been enough evidence.

Good to see Ohio is still winnable.

Fun fact: If clinton wins Ohio- she's so far ahead that the dems could lose california and still win :jnc

jbug617

Banned
Breaking down Nevada

@Redistrict: Let's do the math. Dems added another ~12k to their Clark lead yesterday, their biggest day yet. Thru early voting period, lead is 73k
@Redistrict: NV statewide, Dems have built a 323k to 277k early vote lead, about as big as '12. 166k Others have voted early as well.
@Redistrict: Now let's say Clinton/Trump each win their own party's registrants 90%-5%-5% - prob best case scenario for Trump given national trend..
@Redistrict: And, let's say NV's Other registrants split 45%-45%, which is probably generous to Trump given their higher young/non-white share.
@Redistrict: In this scenario, the early vote tally would be Clinton 379,929 to Trump 340,787, meaning Trump would start out Election Day 39k down.
&#8207;@Redistrict: In '12, only 311k Nevadans voted on Election Day. Let's be generous and say it's 400k this time. Trump would need to win them by 10%.
@Redistrict: That's incredibly unlikely, given that in '12 Dems outvoted GOP on Election Day 121k to 109k, and Trump has far inferior ground org.
&#8207;@Redistrict: Bottom line: in diverse states like NV, when more people vote, Democrats win. And tons of ppl are voting - including new Latinos in droves.

Which is fine, because it's almost certainly going to be what causes a huge discrepancy in polling and results, if that does happen

I think no matter the results, everyone's going to write articles on why the polls "got it wrong"
It may explain why state polls in places with high Hispanic populations were off.

It doesn't explain why his model is a trash sine wave.

+2 for Dems in Texas

I did end up voting for one Republican judge because I felt her Democratic rival was totally incompetent and as far as I could tell was only running for funnsies. I also voted for the Libertarian candidate for rail road commissioner. Amusing because most people instantly dismiss it as a joke, but in Texas it's one of the most important public service positions we have - he had an impressive spread of policy, while as far as I could tell the other candidates didn't even quite understand what the position was. He also, importantly, lacked any of the typical groan-inducing red-flags of a typical Libertarian candidate.

For example, enjoy this synopsis of a local Libertarian candidate running for county commissioner:

"Governmental Change: It is imperative that we figure how to do more with less as a government and stop robbing people of their hard earned feria, cheese, greenbacks, wad, loot, gravy, dough, dinero, coin. I would stop doping the water, and make it legal to dope yourself. I would change school from rote learning to inspired learning. I would completely reform the criminal reform system.
Other Issues: Our Youth"

Y2Kev

Are those FROM wasserman or TO wasserman? Because wasserman is too dumb to have put something like that together

Do you think the "both sides" posters are either going to just disappear on the 9th or still snark a bit?

"both sides!" posters are either stealth republicans (republicans don't like to out themselves much on this board) or berniebros that were never seriously going to vote in the first place and just enjoy airing grievances.

Given that November 8th is rapidly careening towards "landslide" territory, neither one of those two kinds of posters are going to be anywhere to be found if clinton is at or above Obama '08 numbers, which I think is a guarantee right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom