• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Nope they just become anti Hilary at that point. Which is pretty much all they've ever been. No rational person thinks both sides are the same.

This, or they crawl back under their rocks and wait another four years to play Internet Message Board Contrarian.

The Voter Suppression Trail game on the NYT is both neat... and sad.

Lol. The most read article on Poolitico is about TrashNate. I bet that's because of you all.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Looking at the photos of the people lining up next to the deli counter to vote (or, perhaps order deli meats) makes me want to cry. It's sad how the newest citizens of our country want to save it and share it and the old fuckbags that need to die off are trying to send us back to the stone age.

HylianTom

Banned
I've spent all week in/around I-4 in Florida, now currently driving north along I-75. On some of the bridges over the interstate, there are assorted Deplorables with Trump signs and "REMEMBER BENGHAZI" banners.

My muttered-under-the-breath snark: "sure. Keep doing that. Don't get folks to the polls or anything.."

Iolo

Number 43?
Yes I'd like 2 pounds of turkey, a pound of black forest ham, and a Hillary platter. Because I'm hungry for democracy

I've spent all week in/around I-4 in Florida, now currently driving north along I-75. On some of the bridges over the interstate, there are assorted Deplorables with Trump signs and "REMEMBER BENGHAZI" banners.

My muttered-under-the-breath snark: "sure. Keep doing that. Don't get folks to the polls or anything.."

Lake, Sumter, or Marion?

If it's near the Villages, they might be inducing them with a raffle or something. Maybe giving away a golf-cart

Bowdz

Looking at the photos of the people lining up next to the deli counter to vote (or, perhaps order deli meats) makes me want to cry. It's sad how the newest citizens of our country want to save it and share it and the old fuckbags that need to die off are trying to send us back to the stone age.

Seriously. Minorities are the true MVPs of this election.

One of my shirt stays keeps coming undone so I will probably kill myself. Just FYI to all friends.

tumblr_nzqa8cq3ri1ufyxleo1_500.gif

Iolo

Wasserman reverted to form after that tweetstorm.

Just a reminder to Dems that all of their positive news in NV/CO/VA isn't transferable to MI/NH/PA/WI. Those become all the more critical.

Wasserman reverted to form after that tweetstorm.

What noone is telling you is that the PA Amish are prepared to come out in force for Trump. They're gonna swamp them polls, one buggy at a time.

It'll henceforth be known in all election historians' circles as The Butter Wave

Gawd help us all

It was about an hour south of Gainesville when I saw the last clustering..

Yeah, sounds like Sumter or maybe Hernando.

Funny quip about Hernando: Large population of NY/NJ retirees and their extended families have moved down there in the past 20-30 years, and they have some of the best bagels i've ever had outside of The City.

Lotsa strip clubs, just south in Pasco Co.

Make sure to see the Mermaid Show in Weekeewatchi, but watch out for rogue gators.

Zackat

Yeah, sounds like Sumter or maybe Hernando.

Funny quip about Hernando: Large population of NY/NJ retirees and their extended families have moved down there in the past 20-30 years, and they have some of the best bagels i've ever had outside of The City.

Lotsa strip clubs, just south in Pasco Co.

Make sure to see the Mermaid Show in Weekeewatchi, but watch out for rogue gators.
This is the most Florida post I've ever seen.

Are those FROM wasserman or TO wasserman? Because wasserman is too dumb to have put something like that together

Even if the model they put out this year is deeply flawed 538 still has many of the sharpest analysts in the public space. Wasserman was way ahead of pack when it came to the Dems being routed in '14. The Clinton team appears to have managed their ground game brilliantly in these early voting states with large Hispanic populations but that doesn't mean it will carry over to the midwest and NH.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Even if the model they put out this year is deeply flawed 538 still has many of the sharpest analysts in the public space. Wasserman was way ahead of pack when it came to the Dems being routed in '14. The Clinton team appears to have managed their ground game brilliantly in these early voting states with large Hispanic populations but that doesn't mean it will carry over to the midwest and NH.

NV obviates the need for NH. Now, I agree we need MI/WI/PA, but who was making the argument we felt safe there?

If FL and NC deliver they're all irrelevant anyway.

I feel pretty good about WI. MI less so. I hope models in MI take into account lower black turnout.

Clinton's lead in PA is 4, which is just below what Obama won it by, so I feel reasonably confident there.

we're actually pretty fortunate black voters are as engaged as they are.

If black voters turned out at the same rate asians and latinos historically did, you'd be looking at massive, irreversible republican majorities every 4 years.

Yep.

I always go back to the Regan demographics.

Black voters tried to stop him... so did 2/3rds of Hispanic voters but the Black vote was the usual 90+ Dem to >10 GOP.

It is cool to see that not everyone bought into Reganmania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom