• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastry

Banned
Posted in election thread:

This is the state of the race IMO.

D3K7k.png

Why is NV red

HylianTom

Banned
!❤️

@AlFranken:
.@realDonaldTrump, you should know by now that your hate and lies have no place in Minnesota, especially while our Vikes are playing.

Apparently Trump's appearance that day is during the damn Vikings game. Brilliant!

Posted in election thread:

This is the state of the race IMO.

This looks like a map made by someone working with low information. Would suggest doing a bit more research.

edit; honestly Trump showing up in MN is just going to piss off and fire up Minneapolis liberals.

Diablos

I think it's safe to say that Nevada is in the bag by now. I wouldn't dare say that about Florida and North Carolina yet though.

Emarv

I'm excited about early voting but cautious. Trump is ahead in the polling average.
Nate Silver over here.

Harry Enten literally just tweeted about the piece he's gonna write on NV early voting numbers. Hopefully he ends this red NV fantasy on his site (I understand their model doesn't take into account EV and support that notion. Just needs accurate reporting about the shortcomings of the model going forward)

I've read this a lot and have taken it to be true, but is there some field data somewhere with specifics on this.

It'd be great for my insomnia...

On mobile. Look up the Vegas rally where they ended with "We've got buses outside to get people to the polls to early vote!" and there were only two small vans and no markings on them. 7 people got in haha.

Emarv

I fully believe this is part of his motivation.

Glenn Thrush
@GlennThrush
Trump wants to win. But two people in his orbit have told me in last week that decisively beating Romney's 206 EVs is increasingly a goal.

Saw Elizabeth Warren speak outside the NEA headquarters here in Concord, NH. She mistook NH for Massachusetts. At least she realized her mistake and we all had a good laugh about it. Other than that gaffe it was a good event though. Andru Volinsky, our Executive Council candidate, probably had the best speech, making a good case for why downballot races matter. I still wouldn't extend his argument as far as he did to the county level though; I'll still be voting for Kathy Guay for Register of Deeds and Jane Bradstreet for Register of Probate regardless.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I fully believe this is part of his motivation.

Glenn Thrush
@GlennThrush
Trump wants to win. But two people in his orbit have told me in last week that decisively beating Romney's 206 EVs is increasingly a goal.

This basically involves Ohio being shitheads. Which...I guess tracks.

Saw Elizabeth Warren speak outside the NEA headquarters here in Concord, NH. She mistook NH for Massachusetts. At least she realized her mistake and we all had a good laugh about it. Other than that gaffe it was a good event though.

I imagine they must all be dizzy as hell now, hoping from state to state in a day, day in and day out.

Emarv

So Trump wants to win. That's a given, but people close to him probably know he won't and they just want him to beat Romney's total. Is that supposed to be a caveat?
He just wants to say he wasn't as big a loser as Romney was. It's all ego and self-worth for him at this point.

Plumbob's map is how your exam looks when you just looked up the crib notes an hour before the exam. Let me just check the polling averages on RCP for a second and just make that my prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom