• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also largest popular vote difference in a very long time. Too bad so much of it is going to come from Cali and New York, while Texas is close enough to mitigate any normal advantages Reps have in bolstering their pop vote totals.

My prediction. Hill will win but not as much as I want. Popular vote margin will end up being around 4-5%.

ny23v.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's one of the things that the GOP did to itself.

I'm not letting them use Trump as an out. They caused Trump. They nurtured this.

The funny thing is, a lot of republican pundits have dismissed the losing candidates as RINOs for the past two cycles. This is the first time they actually have a case about it but I doubt they'll even try.

Kusagari

I'm eagerly expecting another NV poll with horrible Hispanic sampling so we can start the "NV is shifting Trump's way" horse race talk anew.

How did the Iraqi army go from getting their shit pushed in in 2014 and 2015 to being a competent fighting force in 2016, anyway?
Inclusive government at top. Shia PM, Sunni President and Kurdish head of parliament. No favoritism and giving the forces a strong, achievable goal. Of course training and equipment from US forces helps.

Diablos

Why is he the exception? If Clinton/Obama or even Romney/McCain did any of the disgusting shit that Trump has done, they'd be destroyed.
Because people love to hate him as much as his supporters love to love him. I guess. I don't know

The funny thing is, a lot of republican pundits have dismissed the losing candidates as RINOs for the past two cycles. This is the first time they actually have a case about it but I doubt they'll even try.

Trump's deviation from GOP dogma was mostly in places where the GOP's beliefs were big losers-Social Security, government investment in infrastructure. He's backed off where he was at in the primaries on those and some other issues, but his campaign and candidacy did one thing correct-some of the GOP longtime platform are big losers and it's better to break from them rather than let Democrats hook you to them.

He only controls one EV, and I suspect that if by some miracle his vote does matter, he'll get a major dose of Clinton religion.

If in some fantasy timeline he was the deciding vote between Clinton and a House decision, he would be too busy hiding in the woods from violent mobs to make it to the December electors meeting, meaning his alternate would vote for Glorious Queen

DrMungo

Inclusive government at top. Shia PM, Sunni President and Kurdish head of parliament. No favoritism and giving the forces a strong, achievable goal. Of course training and equipment from US forces helps.
Yup Noori Al Maliki really pushed division and punished Sunnis. Corruption also weakened the forces too

johnsmith

remember me
I fully believe this is part of his motivation.

Glenn Thrush
@GlennThrush
Trump wants to win. But two people in his orbit have told me in last week that decisively beating Romney's 206 EVs is increasingly a goal.

You take the small victories where you can get them I guess.

YaBish

My current expectations (didn't mess with NE's districts b/c I can't recall the situation there):
Looks really good! NE-2 is a tossup, possibly leaning Clinton. Bernie stumped in Omaha for her yesterday, and the local news has her up a little I think.

shiba5

Why is he the exception? If Clinton/Obama or even Romney/McCain did any of the disgusting shit that Trump has done, they'd be destroyed.

My guess is he Gish Galloped so much they couldn't cover everything and just gave up. He's also highly litigious and I think they are afraid of him. Our media has been completely craven and spineless.

Cyanity

Banned
If Trump gets to 240 EVs I'll videotape myself doing whatever depraved dare GAF can come up with for me.

Save this post b/c I will

My prediction:

I also stand by my prediction that the election will get called hours before OH does.

This is my map, except i'm torn about AZ. So much GOP inertia there, but so much Latinx potential energy.

350 is my dream EV threshold, where all my dreams come true and I finally convince my wife of a foursome with Christina Ricci and her forehead.

GhaleonEB

Trouble

Banned
This is my map, except i'm torn about AZ. So much GOP inertia there, but so much Latinx potential energy.

350 is my dream EV threshold, where all my dreams come true and I finally convince my wife of a foursome with Christina Ricci and her forehead.

I would love to see AZ flip, my brother lives there and will be doing his part for Hills. I think it will be closer that AZ has been in a long time.

I love Trump's super focused campaign stop in Wilmington right after early voting in the state closes (you have to be in line @ 1PM in NC to vote today). Pro plays there by his team.

Blue Georgia. I really hope to see that this Tuesday.

Also no one thinks that Texas is possible anymore? I thought early turnout was breaking records there too? Im thinking if it goes blue I think it's within .5%

Seems like no one serious thinks there's a chance for Texas, but maybe the final numbers will at least be a warning shot across the bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom