• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Dang the rally got rained out in FL and ended a bit earlier than it should've, but it was prettty fun. Hilary's voice was a bit throaty but she's been speaking A LOT. When she asked who had already voted pretty much everyone raised their arms, think that's a good sign. 3 more days.

jbug617

Banned
People sent pizza last night to the grocery store for voters
CweXlTsUcAAyTSX.jpg
https://twitter.com/maireadlynn/status/794770538950336512

Blue Georgia. I really hope to see that this Tuesday.

Also no one thinks that Texas is possible anymore? I thought early turnout was breaking records there too? Im thinking if it goes blue I think it's within .5%

I really wanted to take a chance on TX, and I think it's going to be closer than people realize, but in the end I kept it red.

Kusagari

Michael McDonald ‏@ElectProject 4m4 minutes ago

Two FL wildcards:
-Will be ~2.5 Million more #earlyvote. Some must be prior Election Day voters
-Over 200% more Unaffiliated early voters

Man the Independent numbers in FL are nuts. I wonder how much Hill is going to win them by in the state, considering this surge is almost assuredly because of Hispanics.

shiba5

I'm surprised Trump doesn't have any faithless electors. Although if I was one, I'd never admit it beforehand since the deplorables are super scary.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm eagerly expecting another NV poll with horrible Hispanic sampling so we can start the "NV is shifting Trump's way" horse race talk anew.

You don't KNOW that the Ds showing up to vote aren't voting for Trump. YOU DON'T KNOW IT YOU CAN'T LA LA LA LA LA LA /joe scarborough

CLINTON CAMPAIGN IS IN DISARRAY at what happened in Nevada. Tons of Reagan Democrats that speak exclusively Spanish coming out to vote for Trump because they are ANGRY at BLACK PEOPLE THE ECONOMY going to vote for DONALD J TRUMP.

The Clinton campaign is so incompetent, we are leaning so much about them from Wikuhleak. John Podesta is part of a sex prostitution ring where he eats children. And Clinton hates Catholics or has to "dump" evidence that she doesn't like "those" people. Hillary should be ashamed of herself, lose or lose.

And then in Nevada they can't even get enough voting machines for people at a Mexican grocery store. EMBARRASSING. Clinton campaign should be ashamed of itself.

Two FL wildcards:

Man the Independent numbers in FL are nuts. I wonder how much Hill is going to win them by in the state, considering this surge is almost assuredly because of Hispanics.

I actually think that because we are turning out more low propensity voters (aka hispanics and young people) that the Rs are moving people up while we have a chance to expand our base. But like Steve Schalesus says, we must gotv.

Seems like no one serious thinks there's a chance for Texas, but maybe the final numbers will at least be a warning shot across the bow.

I really wanted to take a chance on TX, and I think it's going to be closer than people realize, but in the end I kept it red.

Yea I'm in the mindset that AZ, TX, and GA are locked in to go red on Tuesday. That way if they flip, I'll be surprised.

Y2Kev

CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS CHERYL MILLS

Blader

Nevada numbers should make us pray Sandoval can't make it through a GOP primary in 2020 lol

Or maybe we should pray he does, takes the presidency but isn't terrible and then Democrats make a bunch of midterm gains in 2022.

I don't know much about Sandoval, but what little I've read about him seems pretty ok? Of course, he sounds like exactly the kind of moderate candidate who would pivot hard right in a primary.

GhaleonEB

Two FL wildcards:

Hispanics and women. Guessing at least a 60/40 break for newly voting unaffiliated for Hillary.

Grexeno

My final prediction:

7zeBZ.png

States I'm not sure about:

Ohio leans Trump I think, but will probably be the closest state this year. Yes, closer than Florida.

NE-2 I'm iffy on, but I think it leans towards Hillary.

Arizona and Georgia are probably Trump, but will be closer than they have been in a long time.

Iowa is gone.

You have no idea how badly I want this to happen.

I would bet one or possibly both nuts that the Trump campaign paid absolutely no attention to electors and just farmed it out to whomever the RNC or state GOP parties selected, and there's no guarantee they're all hardcore Trumpers.

Is she? I feel like NPA in FL is going to be in big part hispanic, which should help ha.

She is! Everyone in this thread should read Best Nate's overview of NC. He used the excellent data provided by the NC Secretary of State to build a model to track the early voting and Clinton is on pace to win by around 6 with over half of the vote in. Steven Schale reasonably puts Clinton's margin in FL at 2 points. Even with an extra point from the insane Hispanic turnout, 6 is way more padding than 3.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/north-carolina-early-vote-tracker.html

shiba5

Guys, I think Maryland is going red this year. I've seen 3 Trump signs and no Hillary signs. I also had one trick-or-treater dressed as Trump and none as Hillary. I'm using the Bill Mitchell school of polling.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Guys, I think Maryland is going red this year. I've seen 3 Trump signs and no Hillary signs. I also had one trick-or-treater dressed as Trump and none as Hillary. I'm using the Bill Mitchell school of polling.

Friends, I think MA might be going Libertarian this year because my dad jokingly voted them and there are three yard signs on my way to work for Weld.

Y2Kev

She is! Everyone in this thread should read Best Nate's overview of NC. He used the excellent data provided by the NC Secretary of State to build a model to track the early voting and Clinton is on pace to win by around 6 with over half of the vote in. Steven Schale reasonably puts Clinton's margin in FL at 2 points. Even with an extra point from the insane Hispanic turnout, 6 is way more padding than 3.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/north-carolina-early-vote-tracker.html

That's not what his model says. His thing just says that assuming his earlier poll is right, turnout is coming in at exactly the rate his poll projected.

If the poll is wrong and she is behind by 4, for example, then it would show the same thing.

tuxfool

Banned

I still don't understand this trick or treating thing. Did lots of people dress up as Trump?

I thought it was the point of Halloween to dress up as a monster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom