• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protein

Banned
Fine, I was being too generous.
ny9yk.png

we're getting anywhere from 323 to 413 EVs, 50 to 54 senate seats, and probably in the ballpark of 200-210 house seats

i've got an actual prediction for that first thing lying around in a google response form somewhere

Listen, I campaigned in Nevada for Hillary. Lots of people who are feeling cynical/overtargetted by the campaigns. Hispanic early voter activation is a great thing to see though.

I mean, it's a numbers game at this point. There just aren't enough people left and Trump has no GOTV, unlike the Reid machine, unions and Clinton team.

I just feel a prediction should be based on observable data, not a CNN poll that had Trump winning Clark county. But, it's online predictions, so it doesn't make a difference, just seems odd to me.

@steveschale
Yesterday EV in Florida really helped the overall diversity:
Friday:
White: 61.4%
Black: 14.9%
Hispanic: 16.8%
Other: 6.9%
1/2
Overall EV diversity in Florida through Friday:
White: 67.5%
Black: 12.4%
Hispanic: 14.6%
Definitely trending more diverse than 2012. 2/2
One more thing: Remember how I told you Wednesday was record day for AfAm turnout in FL...until Thursday? Well, Friday beat them both.
I'm old enough to remember when people said I was crazy last week that the Florida electorate could be more diverse than 2012.

kimbaka

Any reason to be nervous about the transit strike in Philly? A blue PA basically locks this election up for Hillary, but if Trump could squeeze out PA, FL, and NH, he can easily get 269 (with Ohio and Iowa leaning his way already).

mo60

Bill Mitchell diablosing saying the GOP is being lied to.

I love it. Give me more and stay salty.

Can't wait to see his reaction on election night.

Also trump's campaign is delusional there is no way they will beat Romney's EV total in this election.

witness

Go Big "Hopium" Map - Lebron brings Ohio home for Hillary and Latinos close the deal in AZ. Alaska is the other big surprise. GA will be like NC in 2008-2012, bitterly close.

p39Ky.png

Big win "Realistic" Map

k4932.png

I cannot wait for all the crow to be served Tuesday night to Trump, his surrogates, and the mainstream media.

Any reason to be nervous about the transit strike in Philly? A blue PA basically locks this election up for Hillary, but if Trump could squeeze out PA, FL, and NH, he can easily get 269 (with Ohio and Iowa leaning his way already).

not really, no.

there are about 1700 divisions within the city- polling places are all within a few minutes walking distance. If anyone really wants to go vote they can do so easily without SEPTA.

from an employer prospective everyone knows SEPTA is down and transportation is fucked. no one is going to be on time for anything, anywhere- if employers are even running regular hours. retail and food service are probably running limited hours due to the lack of consumer traffic.

and regional rail is still working, since that's on a different union. That will take you between center city on 10th or so to university city out near 30th street in a couple of minutes. this is where a lot of the schools and business is. Same thing for north broad, temple, etc etc.

If someone really wants to vote, SEPTA not running isn't really going to get in the way of that.

So anyone know why Trump is holding rally in Keith Ellison's district in MN, which has a Somali and majority Muslim community?

It's doubtful anyone with a chance of winning a congressional race wants him in their district campaigning at risk of being associated with him so close to the election.

Well, possibly Jason "If I owned a slave it wouldn't affect you" Lewis.

thebloo

Can you give me more context. Who's lying to them and about what lol? I need to know what he's saying.

This @RalstonReports guy is an IDIOT. D's lead state by 45k. BUT Trump leads Indies by 20% which = 34k. 45k minus 34k is 11k or 1% lead.

The ONLY thing saving Hillary from Trump's DOMINANCE with Independents is the D+8 oversamples - and news flash, those aren't happening.
Stuff like this.

Hazmat

New fox poll of independents From Nov 1-3.

Trump 41%
Clinton 33%
Johnson 11%
Stein 3%

W....T....F?

You know how Republicans have a well-earned reputation for being unlikable pieces of shit? Lots of people who otherwise support them don't want their voter registration to be Republican, so they go "independent."

mo60

That is questionable. IIf Iowa and Ohio were leaning his way I don't think hilary or her surrogates would have be campaigning in those states in the last minth or so.

Emarv

I hate this media narrative that Clinton is playing defense in NH and PA by holding rallies there in the days before the election.

It's definitely not that PA & NH don't have early voting so focusing on them the day before the election is important. Nope. Definitely not that! It must be that she screwed up and got lazy and took naps and now she's on the ropes and trying to catch up! Trust me, I'm a televised strategist!

I'm not bitter are you bitter i'm not being bitter

New fox poll of independents From Nov 1-3.

Trump 41%
Clinton 33%
Johnson 11%
Stein 3%

W....T....F?

Got the impression a lot of undecideds this go around seem like people who would normally be republican voters who wouldn't go for Hillary anyway but didnt want to commit to Trump.

I wouldnt be shocked if a lot of those people go Trump.

(((Harry Enten)))
‏@ForecasterEnten
You can agree or disagree with the model. (I have some qualms myself.) But it's empirical & tested. To say otherwise is idiotic.

So, ya. I agree with Harry.

Also, if you (universal, non specific collective you) are willing to give Hillary FL but not NV, that's an interesting assumption that I can't quite square with reality!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Independents lean right. They're Republicans who just don't admit to it. Obama lost them too. This is literally nothing to be worried about.

Well Obama lost them by 5, so by 8 is a little high probably.

That said, you expect him to do a little worse among "republicans" so that's probably that. Her standing with indies will also probably cost her Ohio.

Emarv

(((Harry Enten)))
‏@ForecasterEnten
You can agree or disagree with the model. (I have some qualms myself.) But it's empirical & tested. To say otherwise is idiotic.

So, ya. I agree with Harry.

This is why Harry is the best. He's right and open about it all. That dude really does have a bright future ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom