• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mike

Wut?

WILMINGTON, N.C. --

Trump: "If a company wants to fire their worker... we will make them pay a tax of 35 percent."

35 percent of what? And under what conditions would employers have to pay when they fire someone?

Regardless of the details, any policy that makes it harder to fire people will also cause employers to be more cautious when hiring people, and push investors to be more conservative with trying to expand since the costs of failure would be higher. Letting them fire people at will isn't great either, but there is a balance to be struck here and I severely doubt Trump's ability to find a good one.

shiba5

Zackat

Iowa has the only millennials in America basically where they support Trump over Hillary (discounting Utah where all Utah millennials are for McMuffin). It's going to get worse there.

Probably gone forever.
My friend I have been gaming with for years is from there. He is one of those Bernie to Trump people. Infuriating.

Kusagari

Iowa has always been a bizarre state to me. Everything about it suggests it should be GOP favorable but it's been lean blue until now.

shiba5

35 percent of what? And under what conditions would employers have to pay when they fire someone?

Regardless of the details, any policy that makes it harder to fire people will also cause employers to be more cautious when hiring people, and push investors to be more conservative with trying to expand since the costs of failure would be higher. Letting them fire people at will isn't great either, but there is a balance to be struck here and I severely doubt Trump's ability to find a good one.

Yeah, I have no idea. Some of his supporters say he is really talking about companies off-shoring. Apparently, I no speak "tell it like it is" good.

teiresias

Trump is such a bad candidate that any state that votes for him this election should be entitled to only 50% of any emergency funding requested during the next Presidential term, and all FEMA responses will be lead by a special FEMA subsidiary managed by Michael Brown.

Emarv

I'm really curious why we haven't gotten a good Maggie Haberman or Costa piece from inside the Trump Camp lately? Where is the good gossip from Trump Tower of chaos or turmoil?

They just feel relatively calm or at least leak-free with such little time left.

kcp12304

Banned
Iowa Livefeed:

timthumb.php

shiba5

I'm really curious why we haven't gotten a good Maggie Haberman or Costa piece from inside the Trump Camp lately? Where is the good gossip from Trump Tower of chaos or turmoil?

They just feel relatively calm or at least leak-free with such little time left.

Probably deathly afraid of the deplorables doing more than screaming at them.

Trump's closing ad was full of anti-Semitism.

From a technical and thematic perspective it's a well made ad. It's also packed with anti-Semitic dog whistles and anti-Semitic tropes. I'm not even sure whether it makes sense to call them dog whistles. The four readily identifiable American bad guys in the ad are Hillary Clinton, George Soros (Jewish financier), Janet Yellin (Jewish Fed Chair) and Lloyd Blankfein (Jewish Goldman Sachs CEO).

The Trump narration immediately preceding Soros and Yellin: "The establishment has trillions of dollars at stake in this election. For those who control the levers of power in Washington [start Soros] and for the global [start Yellin] special interests [stop Yellin]. They partner with these people [start Clinton] who don't have your good in mind."

For Blankfein: "It's a global power structure that is responsible for the economic decisions that have robbed our working class, stripped our country of its wealth and put that money into the [start Blankein] pockets of a handful of large corporations [stop Blankfein] and political entities."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/trump-rolls-out-anti-semitic-closing-ad

Syder

1 Day, 23 Hours, 20 minutes.

30562596812_997723a2c9_o.png

I'm feeling pretty calm right now but when it's under 24 hours, I'm going to be freaking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom