• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Garrison is God.

CvuzoMPUsAA4mon.jpg

This is literally the shittiest political cartoon you can make, there's just labels everywhere.

This is literally just like The Onion's fake political cartoons

960.jpg

kevin1025

Banned
I'm really curious why we haven't gotten a good Maggie Haberman or Costa piece from inside the Trump Camp lately? Where is the good gossip from Trump Tower of chaos or turmoil?

They just feel relatively calm or at least leak-free with such little time left.

I think most of the people in the campaign have already moved on to other jobs at this point.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I hate to be like, um, Nate, but if she's really down 7 in Iowa, it kind of does worry me a little about her performance with midwestern whites in general. TRENDS etc

Are there any hispanics in Iowa

:D

kevin1025

Banned
How many more sleeps, Kev?

I'm not the Kev you asked for, but if you go to sleep now, you can theoretically get in four total sleeps between now and election day, and then you don't have to be awake for as much as three sleep's worth of this stuff!

Math may not add up, use as doctor suggests.

NeoXChaos

Michael McDonald ‏@ElectProject 51s51 seconds ago
Obama won Iowa +6.0 points in 2012. Dems +16.8 point lead in #earlyvote (same relative 2016 day). Now +7.1. Good prospect for Trump pickup

IA dream is over.

I don't think iowa is going to go clinton's way this year but 7 points seems a bit implausible.

I think it's entirely possible. Conservatives in Iowa tend to be VERY conservative and liberals in Iowa tend to be VERY liberal. This results in rabid support for Trump from Iowa conservatives and very lukewarm support for Clinton. Also, we have aalllllll of the whites. The city I live in has 50,000 people and is something like 94% white.

1 Day, 23 Hours, 20 minutes.

30562596812_997723a2c9_o.png

I'm feeling pretty calm right now but when it's under 24 hours, I'm going to be freaking out.
Prep for the worst though. My biggest worry is, Dems have no clue what they will do if he wins. it's freaking terrifying to think about, but you have to.

I hate to be like, um, Nate, but if she's really down 7 in Iowa, it kind of does worry me a little about her performance with midwestern whites in general.
Yep, being mostly white should worry us a bit.

Dany

Banned
What are early polling? Are they just exit polls and demographic data? Or are they actually tallying up votes being sent in early??

Hillary should slash ethanol subsidies to fuck with Iowa. She could say that she's doing it so that Mexican farmers can compete in the corn market and stop illegally immigrating here or some shit.

Yeah, I'm being petty, I know. Sorry.

EDIT: Shit, my petty dumbass idea is at the top of the page.

RDreamer

Just saw this and thought you guys would get a kick out of it:

lRrdjYI.jpg

Can't find Trump's name at all on his twitter, lol. It's like fucking Voldemort with him.

Chichikov

So...

Is Iowa cool to visit? What's there to see/experience?
The first thought that came to my mind is "go to Nebraska instead" and that should tell you everything there is to know.

I will say though, the Iowa state fair on a presidential election year is a fucking trip and all you political junkies should try to go there at some point.

UraMallas

My friend I have been gaming with for years is from there. He is one of those Bernie to Trump people. Infuriating.

I live in IA and have all my life. I know plenty of those here. It's disgusting. A lot of my close personal friends are dipshits. I only found out this cycle.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I started a discussion a few months back on here about how democrats need to start reaching rural whites more with their message. Iowa and the shrinking leads in the Midwest is showing why.

After many months of arguing, my Bernie or Buster mom finally agreed to vote for Hillary today.

Too bad it won't make any difference in her state. :(

I started a discussion a few months back on here about how democrats need to start reaching rural whites more with their message. Iowa and the shrinking leads in the Midwest is showing why.

What is the way to appeal to these people though?

Obamacare and Medicaid expansion or any form of expanded social safety net is definitely not it based on Walker getting elected.

shiba5

Ted Nugent is joining Trump at a rally on Sunday. Hold onto your butts.
Make a bet on how long before he goes full bore racist.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What is the way to appeal to these people though?

Obamacare and Medicaid expansion or any form of expanded social safety net is definitely not it based on Walker getting elected.

They have the economic policies to do it. The poor and lower middle-class just get reamed by the GOP in comparison to the rich when it comes to taxes. The democrats just can't package the message well enough to reach that group. Romney's 47% comment crushed him, but he made the comment himself .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom