• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite

Thought this was a good article by Sam Wang. Basically the argues that if your candidate is likely to win, you are more likely to vote. Goes opposite of some people who think people will be unmotivated to vote if they feel the election is in the bag.

http://election.princeton.edu/2016/11/05/confidence-is-associated-with-increased-turnout/
Anyone who follows sports shouldn't find this shocking, bandwagon fans exist. Viewership goes up then there are super teams like Jordan's Bulls or super players like Tiger Woods.

Owzers

Should be a reckoning for many in the media after this election of their job over the past year and a half. They might pat themselves on the back and argue that they went after him on the Access Hollywood tape and a number of other things, and they would have a bit of a point. But they are also responsible for aiding and abetting the rise of Trump by giving him so much attention and spending an inordinate amount of time on "EMAILZ" to the detriment of other issues.

In the final measure, with a few exceptions (ex. Farenthold) the media has done a real disservice to the country with their coverage.
I don't even think they care.

Has the Trump campaign released any numbers about their GOTV in the last 72 hours? I know we're at a million shifts (!) which is just crazy. Going to add some more phone hours tomorrow with my mom and the kiddos, but I wasn't sure if Trump had said anything.

(I'm pretending he has a ground game, okay?)

Boke1879

Has the Trump campaign released any numbers about their GOTV in the last 72 hours? I know we're at a million shifts (!) which is just crazy. Going to add some more phone hours tomorrow with my mom and the kiddos, but I wasn't sure if Trump had said anything.

(I'm pretending he has a ground game, okay?)

#BothSides

kimbaka

In Broward, we had our biggest day EVER yesterday. Today, we were only down 300 from yesterday, and still like 3k up from a normal day.

Great news from Broward. Have there been any recent updates on turnout in Palm Beach? It's probably the second or third most liberal county in Florida and it sounded like turnout was lacking based on previous updates. Hopefully it's improving.

I had a sign that said ‘Republicans against Trump’. It is a sign that you can just print off online

Initially, there was the expected reaction of people around him booing, he said. “And then all of a sudden people next to me are starting to get violent; they’re grabbing at my arm, trying to rip the sign out of my hand,” he said.

He said he could not be sure but “it looked like” Trump was pointing at him, and may have been “instigating something”. Either way, the crowd piled on him, he said, kicking, punching, holding him on the ground and grabbing his testicles.

He said he was a wrestler in his youth and used his training to turn his head to the side to maintain an airway open as he was being choked by one man who had him in a headlock. “But there were people wrenching on my neck they could have strangled me to death,” he added.

Crites said when he was on the ground he heard someone yell “something about a gun” and he kept telling those on top of him that he had merely been holding a sign.

Trump told his people to "take him out" right before this incident.

Trump should probably not bring up an event where he incited violence against a protester moving forward, but we'll see!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...publicans-against-trump-sign?CMP=share_btn_tw

sazzy

To be fair, it was dark in the room, and they probably thought they were grabbing some woman's .... you know.

(I can't say it.yes, I'm that gay)

... ham sandwich?
5CwuSJn.jpg

Paches

I have a "gut" feeling that Trump is overperforming in the polls and his complete lack of campaign and ground game are going to catch up to him on election day. I can't help but think Hillary gets a 3-5 point bump from it all.

sazzy

I have a "gut" feeling that Trump is overperforming in the polls and his complete lack of campaign and ground game are going to catch up to him on election day. I can't help but think Hillary gets a 3-5 point bump from it all.

But what if he's underperforming in polls by so much that he doesn't even need a ground game to beat Hillary?

November 6, 2016 Cleveland, Ohio Get Out the Vote Hillary Clinton and LeBron James
November 6, 2016 Manchester, New Hampshire Get Out the Vote Hillary Clinton
November 6, 2016 Milwaukee, Wisconsin Get Out the Vote Tim Kaine
November 6, 2016 Green Bay, Wisconsin Get Out the Vote Tim Kaine
November 6, 2016 La Crosse, Wisconsin Get Out the Vote Tim Kaine
November 6, 2016 Kissimmee, Florida Get Out the Vote President Barack Obama
November 6, 2016 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Get Out the Vote Vice President Joe Biden
November 6, 2016 Scranton, Pennsylvania Get Out the Vote Vice President Joe Biden
November 6, 2016 Phoenix, Arizona Get Out the Vote Senator Bernie Sanders
November 6, 2016 Las Vegas, Nevada Get Out the Vote Senator Bernie Sanders
November 6, 2016 Lansing, Michigan Get Out the Vote Bill Clinton
November 6, 2016 Chester, Pennsylvania Get Out the Vote Chelsea Clinton
November 6, 2016 Morton, Pennsylvania Get Out the Vote Chelsea Clinton
November 6, 2016 West Chester, Pennsylvania Phone Bank Kickoff Chelsea Clinton
November 6, 2016 Norristown, Pennsylvania Get Out the Vote Chelsea Clinton
November 6, 2016 Elkins Park, Pennsylvania Phone Bank Kickoff Chelsea Clinton
November 6, 2016 Charlotte, North Carolina Get Out The Vote Performance Jon Bon Jovi
Trump
SIOUX CITY, IA
MINNEAPOLIS, MN
STERLING HEIGHTS, MI
MOON TOWNSHIP, PA
LEESBURG, VA

Pence
PANAMA CITY, FL
HICKORY, NC
WINDHAM, NH

Trump's schedule tomorrow is, literally, crazy. He shouldn't go to Iowa. He shouldn't go to Minnesota. He shouldn't go to Leesburg.

Iolo

Trump's schedule tomorrow is, literally, crazy. He shouldn't go to Iowa. He shouldn't go to Minnesota. He shouldn't go to Leesburg.

What? I thought going to MN was typical Trump bluster. Did he really take that school poll seriously?

Debirudog

Everything is at stake and these douchebags want to disrespect the will of the voters for their petty bitter baby feelings. Sanders should give 'em a smacking.

Emarv

Meanwhile, in Texas.

Dave Wasserman
@Redistrict
TX: Hidalgo, largest Hispanic county in state, has already cast more votes than in all of '12 - and we haven't even reached Election Day.

sazzy

Dave WassermanVerified account
‏@Redistrict
TX: Hidalgo, largest Hispanic county in state, has already cast more votes than in all of '12 - and we haven't even reached Election Day.

One of the electors sounds like he's protesting the electoral college and wouldn't do anything if it's close. The other guy says he will ensure Trump wins if it's 270-268.

“No, no, no on Hillary. Absolutely not. No way,” said Robert Satiacum, a member of Washington’s Puyallup Tribe who had supported Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders as the Democratic presidential nominee.

He had earlier told various media outlets he was wrestling with whether his conscience would allow him to support Clinton and was considering stepping aside for an alternate elector. But on Friday, he sounded firm, even if the election is close.

“I hope it comes down to a swing vote and it’s me,” he said. “Good. She ain’t getting it. Maybe it’ll wake this country up.”

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...obert-satiacum-says-he-wont-vote-for-clinton/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom