• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalizer

Meanwhile, in Texas.

Dave Wasserman
@Redistrict
TX: Hidalgo, largest Hispanic county in state, has already cast more votes than in all of '12 - and we haven't even reached Election Day.

QGP4JoR.gif

Jeels

Dave WassermanVerified account
‏@Redistrict
TX: Hidalgo, largest Hispanic county in state, has already cast more votes than in all of '12 - and we haven't even reached Election Day.

It's happening. Now we need those suburbanites to flip and the inner cities and transplants to turn out!

I'm still going to be mildly upset if Wi-Fi gets 2 electoral votes even if Hillary ends up with around 320 EVs.

This is the sort of petulant, loser mentality that immediately barred me from supporting Bernie. It was less his fanciful ideas, than his rabidly ignorant fans.

After living through 2000, and the intervening years enabled by Naderites in FL, I have no fucks left to give for anyone who doesn't have the basic wherewithal to understand that raw political power is the only current mechanism to get anything done.

Someone needs to find out if these man-children have actual jobs so we can find out if their bosses know they're employing fucking idiots. And if so, I would like to ensure i'm not inadvertently spending money on them. FFS

sazzy

I really wish there was one final massive oppo drop on Donald.

Probably not going to affect the election at this point, but still... just for giggles.

Emarv

I really wish there was one final massive oppo drop on Donald.

Probably not going to affect the election at this point, but still... just for giggles.
I honestly believe there is gonna be even more scandals revealed in the months after the election. I'm convinced by the end of 2017, Trump will end up having to escape from the spotlight.

Strimei

I can only imagine how much pressure that would be put on the guy (and anyone else) if he does that in that situation.

I mean, god, he'd basically have a bullseye on his back.

I can only imagine how much pressure that would be put on the guy (and anyone else) if he does that in that situation.

I mean, god, he'd basically have a bullseye on his back.

Satiacums apparently have a history of running off to Canada to rape 10 year olds, so I suspect that's where he'd head to.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Seems like attention seekers. Have to imagine they'll cave under the pressure of the voters.

If a rogue elector changes the results of the election because of his own petty reasons, you know that mf is getting got. I would flee to where no one could find me.

Maengun1

If we can't outright ditch the electoral college, we need some sort of reform to bind the electors ASAP. I feel like with the general falling apart of things this election, pettiness, conspiracies, and ...I dunno, nothing-matters-anymore-ness of it all, we're going to see more and more of this in the future. I mean we're seeing people volunteer to be put up as electors, wait until the last minute, and then bust out "LOL PSYCH I HOPE I GET TO FUCK YOU ALL OVER."

I feel like in the future we could see this from 10, 15, 50 electors. It COULD theoretically render an entire election meaningless. What the hell is happening.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If we can't outright ditch the electoral college, we need some sort of reform to bind the electors ASAP. I feel like with the general falling apart of things this election, pettiness, conspiracies, and ...I dunno, nothing-matters-anymore-ness of it all, we're going to see more and more of this in the future. I mean we're seeing people volunteer to be put up as electors, wait until the last minute, and then bust out "LOL PSYCH I HOPE I GET TO FUCK YOU ALL OVER."

I feel like in the future we could see this from 10, 15, 50 electors. It COULD theoretically render an entire election meaningless. What the hell is happening.

Some states do have laws against faithless electors and if someone pulls that shit this time expect more to be passed.

Trump fans have managed to put together the least biting anti-Hillary meme of her life.

CwjkFuuXcAEKF-l.jpg

Literally the only thing there that has any effect of how someone should view Hillary is "Sniper Fire"... They don't have her Iraq War vote or questionable things she has actually done, just Vince Foster and Whitewater, lol.

Brinbe

I really can't wait to see how wrong the pollsters were after Tuesday. Way to completely miss a huge portion of the electorate. These EV numbers continue to be inspiring. I hope more states offer it in 2020 and beyond. It's really ridiculous that such an important event has been conducted in such a limited way for so long.

Veelk

Banned
Trump fans have managed to put together the least biting anti-Hillary meme of her life.

Literally the only thing there that has any effect of how someone should view Hillary is "Sniper Fire"...

I still don't get why she lied about that, of all things. I mean, I get it, she wanted the drama and shit, but why would she say something so easily disprovable?

border

Trump's schedule tomorrow is, literally, crazy. He shouldn't go to Iowa. He shouldn't go to Minnesota. He shouldn't go to Leesburg.

I am having a hard time understanding the other dates on the schedule. Why should he be in Michigan, Pennsylvania, or Virginia? Aren't those all pretty solid Clinton states, at this point?

I am having a hard time understanding the other dates on the schedule. Why should he be in Michigan, Pennsylvania, or Virginia? Aren't those all pretty solid Clinton states, at this point?

He has to win Michigan or Penn to win the election so he should campaign there probably.

(He's not going to win the election).

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Literally the only thing there that has any effect of how someone should view Hillary is "Sniper Fire"... They don't have her Iraq War vote or questionable things she has actually done, just Vince Foster and Whitewater, lol.

Speaking of which, did that evolve much like the Brian Williams story?
It's fucked up how the human mind works, and especially with evidence of the story getting a bit taller over time, I have some sympathy as I doubt it's intentional.

I bet he has Rubiio's numbers telling him he is going to lose FL. Losing FL and NV requires him to pick up one or more of the very unlikely battleground states.

Two things:

1) I guarantee that if that asshole goes through with bein a faithless elector, he's going to regret it when any of his non-deplorable friends find out. I'm not saying I want him to get his shit kicked, but there is no way that dude will ever be able to safely walk the streets of Seattle again if he goes through with the plan.

2) We need faithless elector laws in every state and they need to define such actions as straight up treason (so that it has a harsh enough penalty to stop anyone from being an idiot).

Brinbe

Another article on the surge in Latino voting by NYT http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/06/u...trump-campaign.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

In Florida, at least 200,000 more Hispanics had voted early as of Friday than did during the entire early voting period four years ago, according to an analysis by Steve Schale, a Democratic strategist who helped run President Obama’s two campaigns here.

The turnout has been particularly explosive in South Florida and Central Florida, where thousands from Puerto Rico and other regions of Latin America have migrated in recent years. And 24 percent of the Hispanics casting early ballots were first-time voters, the analysis showed.

“It’s the demographics that are bailing her out,” Mr. Schale said.

In Orlando, voters waited up to 90 minutes on Saturday at one early voting location at a library, some spending the time taking pictures of one another in front of candidates’ signs. Parking lots for a quarter-mile surrounding the area were packed.

Mrs. Clinton clearly carried the day there. Jon-Carlos Perez, 30, an independent voter and a concrete laborer originally from Puerto Rico, said he cast his vote for Mrs. Clinton in part because “she’s not an idiot like Trump.”

Alyssa Perez, 23, a doctoral student at the University of Central Florida who voted at another busy location in Orlando, said she considered Mr. Trump to be “anti-women, anti-Hispanic, anti-Muslim” and said, “I don’t want to live in a country where there is a president who has those kinds of views.”

Canvassing on Saturday morning in North Miami, Mary Kay Henry, the president of the Service Employees International Union, and a handful of local members focused on households, many of them Haitian or Hispanic, with an infrequent voting history. But nearly every resident who answered their door assured her they had already voted.

“The word is out,” said Ms. Henry, as roosters scooted between yards.

But it was not just Florida where Hispanics were poised to send a powerful message. In Nevada, which has the fastest-growing Latino population in the West, Democrats appeared to have built a fearsome advantage in Las Vegas’s Clark County at the end of early voting Friday, largely because of a surge of votes from Mexican-Americans. The early voting period was extended until 10 p.m. at one Hispanic grocery store in Las Vegas, where the images of hundreds of voters waiting in line ricocheted across the internet. (On Saturday, Mr. Trump claimed, without any evidence, that the hours had been extended so Democrats could be bused in.)

And Trump should have been sitting in PA for the last month or so, he really has no shot without picking it off. Especially if this is how things play out (And this is already being super favorable to DJT). Luckily, he's an idiot and he's wasting time in places like MN.
8f0B5Xt.png

There's no way to fix it.

*puts on tin-foil hat*

If the Darkest Timeline were to come to pass, Washington would have 5 weeks, until December 19th to find all sorts of jail-able offenses to physically keep him from the Elector's meeting. Physical absence, and replacement by a designated surrogate, would be the only thing that could avoid his avowed stupidity.

border

He has to win Michigan or Penn to win the election so he should campaign there probably.

(He's not going to win the election).

So we are basically at the point where Trump has to start making appearances in states where he has no shot, because there's nowhere else to go? I tend to feel like rallies in North Carolina would make more sense, even in that scenario.

What's interesting is satiacum is a member of the puyallup Indian tribe, the tribes are huge supporters of the Democratic Party here in Washington. You would think the DNC would be able to lean on the tribe.

Dierce

If not for Sanders those assholes would never had been picked as Democratic electors. This is what you get when an independent attempts to hijack your party and invites the loons in.

SmokeMaxX

Either electors can be faithless or they're not necessary. Doesn't really make sense to make faithless elector laws if you could easily just get rid of them instead.

Either electors can be faithless or they're not necessary. Doesn't really make sense to make faithless elector laws if you could easily just get rid of them instead.

You can't get rid of them easily, it'd require a constitutional amendment. States have the authority to choose their electors, beyond that, not so much. They can't eliminate them or dictate how they vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom