• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH poll GOLD STANDARD:

No numbers yet
giphy.gif

Ohio's going to pull through. Iowa... well hopefully Selzer just blows it again like the primaries.

shoelacer

Banned
I'm not saying I want him to get his shit kicked, but there is no way that dude will ever be able to safely walk the streets of Seattle again if he goes through with the plan.

Ay can we chill the fuck out with this shit? Dude is not gonna get assaulted for voting for Bernie over Hillary in a non-battleground state, in an overwhelmingly white city that outright booed black people for having the nerve to interrupt Bernie.

"I'm not saying I want him to get beat up, and even though that was never going to happen anyway, I'm gonna act like people are gonna want to beat him up over this." Please.

mo60

Some of the insane electoral prediction maps being posted are giving me headaches lol
Are you talking about all the sub 300 EV maps,the maps that give random states like Minnesota to trump or literally Texas and or all or most of the south to Hilary.Some of the maps are insane in that thread. My map looks kinda unrealistic now but was realistic a few months ago.

Anyway like I said before it is very unlikely trump gets above 200 EV's. I do think Ohio will go to Hilary in the end.

sazzy

So just watching the footage of Donald scurrying off the stage on TV now...

It looks really bad. Especially since there was no actual threat.

Those 3-5 seconds of the video will get a lot of play.

This would be on par with the Hillary collapsing video.

edit- also, I feel terrible for the Secret Service people... having to give their lives to save.... a man like Trump.

benjipwns

Banned
We need faithless elector laws in every state and they need to define such actions as straight up treason (so that it has a harsh enough penalty to stop anyone from being an idiot).
This is worrying about too small of a problem. The real issue are all the people who will be not voting in favor of American democracy across the country.

What we really need are mandatory and binding loyalty oath laws for citizens to only act in ways that benefit the nation and which define breaking them as straight up treason.

They can be signed along with the Selective Service cards and be a required condition for gaining mandatory voting duties.

People need to face personal consequences for their duty as a citizen to vote to secure the nation from threats both foreign and domestic. The stakes are too high.

thebloo

So just watching the footage of Donald scurrying off the stage on TV now...

It looks really bad. Especially since there was no actual threat.

Those 3-5 seconds of the video will get a lot of play.

This would be on par with the Hillary collapsing video.

edit- also, I feel terrible for the Secret Service people... having to give their lives to save.... a man like Trump.

I don't get it. The SS took him away and ducking is standard MO. What's bad?

Diablos

Dave WassermanVerified account
‏@Redistrict
TX: Hidalgo, largest Hispanic county in state, has already cast more votes than in all of '12 - and we haven't even reached Election Day.
Yeah so, I don't think this is gonna flip TX but it will make it wayyyyy closer than it should be. It's the beginning of the end for TX being a Safe R state. The GOP is gonna freak out when they see how much Dems have been able to close the gap there when the final results come in.

Maybe he could call his dumbfuck electors and tell them to shut the fuck up, yes?
Mr. Sanders is an independent voice! He even eats lunch by himself. He has no business schooling a faithless elector trying to ruin the outcome of this election.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I was looking through that ancient GAF thread about the 2006 Obama TIME article.

10-17-2006, 08:23 PM, Post #35
Are you guys insane? He's black. It's ****ing sad but people in the south and middle america will never vote for him. Sure they will say so in public, but in that booth where you have complete privacy all your biases will come through.

Has there even been a president that was single, not religious? Shit it's a big deal that Kennedy was Irish catholic. I hope the guy becomes President, never really liked Hillary as much as Bill.

Glad I was wrong lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I wonder if we can get a nice big lead today with 2 Souls 2 Furious. Let's go black people! Save America!

sazzy

guyz CNN's poll of poll of polls says the race is super tight now with Clinton leading only by 46/43... within the margin of error

what now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom