• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oriel

Wonder will Trump provide more of his military insight regarding the just announced assault by the SDF on the "capital" of Islamic State. It's a shame the spineless media let him get away with his lie that the Mosul offensive had stalled.

witness

Good...Good.

Very good, the Clinton campaign said they were up 170K with NPAs calculated in yesterday. I'm not sure what the difference was on Friday of registered Dems and Reps who voted though. Are we getting close to a 200K lead in Florida before election day? Today should be HUGE here also.

Oriel

guyz CNN's poll of poll of polls says the race is super tight now with Clinton leading only by 46/43... within the margin of error

what now

Do you actually believe the candidates are neck and neck? Because.....they're not! Hillary has already built up a solid lead in early voting. The slide in Clinton support has stopped and she's recovering. Any effect the Comey intervention may have had was minimal and already reversed. Trump may end up below 200 ev's if Clinton can manage to flip Ohio.

Clinton has this folks, believe.

OH poll data now online (mail poll):

Dispatch Poll: Clinton-Trump race too close to call in Ohio

As the bitter 2016 presidential campaign lurches into its final crucial days, the nation’s leading bellwether state remains ripe for plucking by either side, the Dispatch Poll found. The survey shows Democrat Hillary Clinton leading by 1 point, 48 percent to 47 percent, over Republican Donald Trump heading into the final days of the raucous race.

Since that figure is well within the poll’s margin of sampling error (plus or minus 2.9 points), get-out-the-vote efforts will be especially important this year.

The poll results indicate that if the Clinton campaign can get young and minority voters to the polls, she almost certainly will win. And a victory in Ohio would almost certainly end Trump’s hopes for the presidency.

On the other hand, if the Trump team does a better job at getting its supporters to cast a ballot, especially older whites, he probably wins — and maintains a narrow path to prevailing nationwide. The GOP nominee holds a double-digit lead among white males, the poll found.

In other statewide contests, Republicans appear set to take both contested Ohio Supreme Court seats, preserving the party’s 6-1 majoritiy. And Sen. Rob Portman is crushing Gov. Ted Strickland 58 percent to 37 percent, in what was once expected to be among the nation’s top Senate battles.

Was hoping for a little more by now but that's still good

Anyone still think Murphy can win?

I think because of the Hispanic surge, it might be close than polls have it.

Dems have a lower raw vote lead then they had in 2012. But NPA is also higher, so it will be interesting when the large EV dump happens at poll close.

shoelacer

Banned
This thread is missing a specific je ne sais quoi

Where are the insanely self righteous multiparagraph indictments of anyone who doubts that Hillary is the most qualified candidate in US history of all time ever

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's going to be the squeakiest squeaker of a margin this year either way, but the Ohio trendz seem good for Clinton in this last week.

This plus the GOTV might be enough to push her over the edge. Trump's GOTV is basically racism.

This thread is missing a specific je ne sais quoi

Where are the insanely self righteous multiparagraph indictments of anyone who doubts that Hillary is the most qualified candidate in US history of all time ever

LOL Those were a few months ago when any of us dared state that she was a very flawed candidate.

Futureman

Anecdotal but maybe the African American turnout on election day is being underestimated. I canvassed yesterday in a small suburb on the edge of Pittsburgh that is predominantly AA and everyone we talked to was super pumped to vote on Tuesday. Gives me hope with that article above saying Ohio is a tossup right now.

Anecdotal but maybe the African American turnout on election day is being underestimated. I canvassed yesterday in a small suburb on the edge of Pittsburgh that is predominantly AA and everyone we talked to was super pumped to vote on Tuesday. Gives me hope with that article above saying Ohio is a tossup right now.

o5Mxc8P.gif

I think people don't want to believe 2012 might be the new normal for the AA vote. 2012 AA turnout on its own basically gives the presidency to Democrats.

Oriel

In a way it would be ok if she lost Ohio just so people will shut the fuck up about how you HAVE TO WIN OHIO.

My feelings as well. Although it would still be preferable to pick up those EV's nonetheless.

BTW, how's the polls coming out of NH?

Rewatching 2012 election night coverage.

In 2012, Obama campaign had given up on Ohio around 2010 when they were charting the re-election campaign. But then with Romney as candidate and his having both ways on the auto bailiout stance they saw an opportunity and took it.

@mmurraypolitics 43s43 seconds ago
The final NBC/WSJ poll of the 2016 campaign will be released at 9:00 am ET

lcjOUy2.gif

Edit: CNN political reporter saying that Democrats believe EV has been better for Trump, he is up about +2 in North Carolina.

Oriel

Lol, Trump claiming Dems being allowed to vote is evidence of a rigged election. Looks like the Orange Turd is gone off prompter again.

CNN spreading FUD about Michigan

Good. Let them. Them saying nonsense about Michigan only serves to enthuse Democrats. Them saying Michigan is close doesn't make it so, nor does it make Trump do better.

Hmmm... Presumably that doesn't include the NPAs, though. Also, possibly a tactical maneuver to ensure every Dem gets out and votes on Tuesday.

That's exactly what it is. You don't want to go into election day with the public believing the election is already over.

I really hope hispanics realize after this election that if they get out and vote more often, they can make a very large impact on the country.

I'd love to see 2012 African Americans and slightly less than 2016 Hispanic be the "normal" for voting demographics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom