• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why are the debates so far away from the actual election? These are the best opportunities to see these people for who they are, which is why Hillary was leading big afterward.

Why are the debates so far away from the actual election? These are the best opportunities to see these people for who they are, which is why Hillary was leading big afterward.

Two weeks isn't far away from the election. The electorate didn't have the attention span of a fruit fly before... well, this year.

It just feels like forever because of the 24 hour news cycle. I do agree though, maybe next cycle it'll be moved to one week before.

does it even matter? nobody watching those was undecided after debates 1 and 2.

lyrick

Co-Chair & Chief Strategist for @PrioritiesUSA

...what does that even mean.

Hillary changed her facebook profile pic to have a big 2 as well
14947407_1316583371731522_5087822112318122314_n.png

Diablos

Hillary changed her facebook profile pic to have a big 2 as well
Folks, would you look at this. Hillary just said she's in second place. She knows she's losing. She knows she's losing. But there's a rigged system that's gonna help her win. It's a rigged system. We aren't going to let them take it from us.

Turnout is up 15-20% in the urban counties where all the votes are. Trump was doomed in the state the minute that was clear given the fact that 60-66% of the vote is already in. Now it's just a matter of if it was enough to get Ross across the finish line.

The reason why you say that is to scare irregular NC young people and left-learning unafiliated white urbanties into thinking McRory might get re-elected. If you want to get out all of your vote an then some, that's what you say because HB2 is enrages urban residents.

I mean, if you talk to a NC white urbanite/liberal you'll find that it's all cheerwine and hush puppies until McRory/General Assembly/HB2 come up and the eyes go crazy and you think they are ready to stab someone based on their demeanor and the anger coming out of their mouth.

What is worrying is Repubs being up 15 fucking percent.

I'm not too worried. Democrats have declined in registration numbers since 2012, but unaffiliated voters have now overtaken Republicans as the second largest voting group in North Carolina, and many of them are younger voters. This was to be expected.

Edit: My bad, looks like unaffiliated voters are only 20k less away from Republicans. Still, that's a massive climb in four years.

AniHawk

i thought this was the state where republican registration went up because democrats switched over. so there's just fewer in the state overall. the unaffiliated vote is more than likely aligned with or favors democrats, and probably accounts for the 'closeness' in the polls (although clinton's been leading in most polls in the last week in nc).

They've had little organic registration growth outside of Dems swapping to Republicans so they could vote Trump or Cruz missile in the extremely contested primary. Realize that the primaries in NC have been late in the year forever until this year. This is the first year in decades that primary voting mattered, and Dixiecrats who hadn't voted for a Dem since Clinton '92 finally swapped parties so they could vote (many not for Trump).

The votes are just shifting from election day to early voting (a statewide trend) and the above flip. They aren't just pulling out 100k votes magically given that their most performing areas have negative white population growth. Meanwhile new left-leaning registrants have been NPA-young minorities and whites identifying with values instead of party. In NC you can register unaffiliated and vote in either primary, we had PLENTY (much more than I thought we would tbh) people register and vote for Bernie in the primary. He got 40%(!) here.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

They know he needs to flip MI. It's the only reasonable chance he has, and, to be fair, the only state that could probably flip.

If he loses Florida, though, still wouldn't matter. Come on, Hispanic vote!

As if the racists weren't motivated to vote against the black, muslim emporer the past two elections?

That was the joke, which I should have ended with "/s." I edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom