• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Unaffiliated is a popular thing in NC because it's the only way you can vote in a different primary if you choose. Most people I know here are unaffiliated as am I.

Beautiful.

haha it is the high school poll isn't it

They could be going up to the Duluth area to get on the media market in the upper michigan peninsula. Don't know how the teevee works in that part of the country.

Unaffiliated is a popular thing in NC because it's the only way you can vote in a different primary if you choose. Most people I know here are unaffiliated as am I.

Does that mean you get the GOP crazy direct mail? The Democratic ones are just awful wastes of trees.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Do we think they're polling any other state? I mean he hasn't paid his pollster. Why do we think he's doing anything?

SexyFish

Banned
Ted Nugent is going to say something fucking horrifying tonight and I can't wait for Trump to say "GOTTA LOVE TED NUGENT. AIN'T NO ONE LIKE EM."

Tamanon

Banned
haha it is the high school poll isn't it

They could be going up to the Duluth area to get on the media market in the upper michigan peninsula. Don't know how the teevee works in that part of the country.

Does that mean you get the GOP crazy direct mail? The Democratic ones are just awful wastes of trees.

I get no direct mail right now from political stuff. It's great!

Zukkoyaki

Current final national polls:

Marist +1
Fox +2
Gravis +2
CBS/NYT +3
Morning Consult +3
NBC/WSJ +4
ABC/WaPo +5

Probably around a 3-4 point national lead right now for Clinton. GOTV game likely pushes it an extra point or two and prevents any threat of SYSTEMATIC POLLING ERROR

sazzy

Sunny (Mat)
‏@sunnyright
The final NBC/WSJ poll of 2012 gave Obama a 1% lead, he won by 3.9%. Final NBC/WSJ poll of 2016 gives Hillary a 4% lead.

@ElectProject 14m14 minutes ago
NC #earlyvote indicates Trump lead. Sizable increase in unaffiliated early voters wildcard

There we have it from data guy himself.

Dems are underperforming, partly due to the voting restrictions put in place.

Y2Kev

He's making the call based purely on party registration. I don't understand why you are freaking out about this.

Ted Nugent is going to say something fucking horrifying tonight and I can't wait for Trump to say "GOTTA LOVE TED NUGENT. AIN'T NO ONE LIKE EM."
If you want to hear something horrible, Jay Z said the N word the other night at a concert put on by Hillary Clinton, and she said she enjoyed the concert.

Very unlikely event:
let's say that Hilary won the popular vote by a significant margin (say +5), but was tied on EV though some shit luck (I know, extremely unlikely, but w/e).

Would the republicans hand the vote to Hillary out of respect for the popular vote?

lol

Mark Murray ‏@mmurraypolitics 4m4 minutes ago
More inside crosstabs:
Men: T 47, HRC 42
Seniors: T 49, HRC 42
Whites: T 53, HRC 38

College whites: HRC 51, T 41
Non-college: T 60, HRC 30

Huge.

It's all about GOTV now, guess who has the advantage.

CwlXnxWWIAE96Ep.jpg:large

Pathetic.

Y2Kev

Because Obama had a lead in NC EV in 2012?

You have to know what is happening with registered Democrats and registered Republicans and the unaffiliated votes. Who is winning them? What about the surge in women?

The fact that Obama won EV and still lost should tell you the EV by party registration alone is not predictive.

Diablos

Very unlikely event:
let's say that Hilary won the popular vote by a significant margin (say +5), but was tied on EV though some shit luck (I know, extremely unlikely, but w/e).

Would the republicans hand the vote to Hillary out of respect for the popular vote?

lol
Of course they wouldn't.

Because Obama had a lead in NC EV in 2012?

Clinton still has the NC EV lead.

He's saying that democratic voters are at the same rate as 2012 and haven't moved much. There are still more democratic votes than anything else.

GOP is up from 2012 but still behind democrats.

Therefore Trump has a lead, since Obama lost in 2012.

"Unaffiliated" is WAY up from 2012, but he's not counting those in either column and calling it a wildcard. We know from demographic data that these voters lean D, which is why everyone else has been saying that Clinton likely wins NC when you include them.

I understand that some of you might be worried about your physical integrity when voting. It is precisely because of that that people like Scott Adams have your best interest at heart and developed an app to facilitate voting with like-minded people aka friends. I'll let him explain in his own words.

Vote with a Friend (for safety)
Posted November 6th, 2016 @ 7:58am in #Trump #Clinton

The odds of mischief and violence on election day this year are alarmingly high. For your safety, I recommend that you don’t wear any Trump-related hats or clothing. That’s just asking for trouble.

You might also want to meet a friend or family member near your voting place so you can vote together, just to feel safer. To make it easy to meet up with a friend, I recommend using my start-up’s new app: WhenHub. (It’s free.)

WhenHub is like the Uber app but without an Uber car. Any two or more people can temporarily geostream their locations to a map on the app to make it easier to find each other on the way to a meeting. It works for any combination of iPhone and Android users.

Here are the links to download the free app:
(hit the god damn app store you lazy bum, i aint urling that)

The WhenHub app is a tiny part of what is coming soon from WhenHub. I’ll tell you later how it is part of a larger cloud platform. The larger part is still in beta.

The WhenHub app’s advantages over its competition in this space will grow as we integrate it with the larger platform later. But for now it’s a perfect standalone app for geostreaming your location on the way to a meeting point with family, friends, or co-workers. I use it several times a day and can’t imagine a world without it. It saves all of the “Where are you?” texting when one of you is driving.

I hope you like it. And stay safe on Tuesday.

seriously, his blog is utterly hilarious as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom